RUMOR: Big curveball coming in with our first pick

SKOOBY

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pursuant to nothing, McShay and Kiper were talking the other day on ESPN radio how B.J. Raji is slipping. He's gone from the everyone loves him stage to the let's put him under a microscope and find his flaws stage. They mentioned his spotty conditioning during his college career, and the fact that he missed the entire 2007 season due to academics.

The Bills will have a difficult choice to make at #11. There's going to be lots of good players to pick from.

Remember when rumors started about Warren Sapp prior to the draft and he dropped?? He think he had a pretty good career.

you should get crucified.... so we are all to believe that someone important @ OBD would tell friends on the street that management believes the team doesn't have a prayer this year?That my friend is a great way to sell tickets. Give me a break. That makes no sense. How or why would any organization give up on a season before it starts and start telling people so they will skip the games? Why don't you give us a plausible and credible rumor... like the Bills will re-sign Jason Whittle sometime in the near future for OL depth?

Remember when rumors started about Warren Sapp prior to the draft and he dropped?? He think he had a pretty good career.

Yes I've brought that up a few times today. And as a player I've not said anything negative about Raji. But he has to be considered a bit of a risk now. If he slides down to us we have a helluva tough decision on our hands.

Word came in from BMW driving friends that our first pick is probably going to be a QB, if the one we want is available. We have no real backup and can groom a good one for when we're ready to win. T.O. was a marketing stunt to sell the seats that we're cancelled and the teams management is under no delusion of defeating many on our schedule or division this year. The AFC east is going to be the toughest place to play this year and after finishing last last year, that's where we'll stay.

I expect to get crucified for bringing this to the table but then again I am the anti-Christ.

i have some advice for you sign up for the football classes @ OBD for football wifes

Welcome to SKOOBY's world. I'll let you decide whether or not it bears any resemblance to the one the rest of us inhabit.

To be sure, I think that train left the station a long time ago. It's never been made clear to me how the car one drives is directly related to the substance of the "inside" information one gets. But that's just me being old-school about things, I guess.

jw

To be sure, I think that train left the station a long time ago. It's never been made clear to me how the car one drives is directly related to the substance of the "inside" information one gets. But that's just me being old-school about things, I guess.

jw

You never know ... if you drive a Ford, you might run into Ralph's chauffeur at the dealership where he takes the Taurus to be serviced.

But you know what? If we did draft Cutler, Skooby would be saying the Bills were going to trade him for Edwards! The point is every Bills QB since Kelly gets 5 minutes to prove himself. It doesn't matter who we draft, sign, or trade for, they are declared failures after one incomplete pass.

PTR

Now there's some sound wisdom, he is correct, I mean we really have no clue at this point about Edwards,

although, I believe that he has tremendous long term potential, and really like what I have seen from him so

far. If we target a 4th or 5th round insurance policy, I am ok with that, but we really need to give Trent this

year to prove himself, I don't think that it is much of a risk, and then we will have enough of a book on him

to decide what we do next year, if he doesn't meet or exceed expectations, then we will probably be in a

pretty good position to get somebody good then anyway.

You never know ... if you drive a Ford, you might run into Ralph's chauffeur at the dealership where he takes the Taurus to be serviced.

Well, a Toyota Forerunner, registered to the daughter of a former interim athletic director of an area school, and driven by said daughter's boyfriend, once ran me off the road outside Salamanca a few year's back. All I got from that encounter was a cut forehead and a wrecked car and not one sniff of a scoop. ... I'd prefer not to run into any contacts that way again, if you get my drift.

jw

Well, a Toyota Forerunner, registered to the daughter of a former interim athletic director of an area school, and driven by said daughter's boyfriend, once ran me off the road outside Salamanca a few year's back. All I got from that encounter was a cut forehead and a wrecked car and not one sniff of a scoop. ... I'd prefer not to run into any contacts that way again, if you get my drift.

jw

Ouch. Since you were on the job, I hope AP took care of whatever the schmo's insurance didn't cover.

And SKOOB, you may drive a prettier car, but I think I'll stick with John's "inside sources" for now ...

Ouch. Since you were on the job, I hope AP took care of whatever the schmo's insurance didn't cover.

And SKOOB, you may drive a prettier car, but I think I'll stick with John's "inside sources" for now ...

schmo's insurance covered all, so no issue there.

as for skoob's reference to 'different circles of affluence,' what in god's name does that mean? it's a bunch of words strung together that really mean nothing. people of 'different circles of affluence' end up everywhere. it's called a community. if you put three people together, one who makes $10,000 a year, another making $50,000 and a third making $100,000, that, my friend, is a group of people of different circles of affluence ... though if it were three people, it might be a triangle of affluence.

are their octagon's of affluence, and are they more powerful than circles?

jw

Word came in from BMW driving friends that our first pick is probably going to be a QB, if the one we want is available. We have no real backup and can groom a good one for when we're ready to win. T.O. was a marketing stunt to sell the seats that we're cancelled and the teams management is under no delusion of defeating many on our schedule or division this year. The AFC east is going to be the toughest place to play this year and after finishing last last year, that's where we'll stay.

I expect to get crucified for bringing this to the table but then again I am the anti-Christ.

Wait a minute, isn't Jay Cutler supposed to be working out in Orchard Park right now according your sources? Now it's the best rookie QB available when the Bills pick number 11?? You really don't like Trent do you? And the Bills signed a viable back up who has started games in the NFL. Remember, the guy from Cincinnati - Fitzpatrick?

schmo's insurance covered all, so no issue there.

as for skoob's reference to 'different circles of affluence,' what in god's name does that mean? it's a bunch of words strung together that really mean nothing. people of 'different circles of affluence' end up everywhere. it's called a community. if you put three people together, one who makes $10,000 a year, another making $50,000 and a third making $100,000, that, my friend, is a group of people of different circles of affluence ... though if it were three people, it might be a triangle of affluence.

are their octagon's of affluence, and are they more powerful than circles?

jw

If you have to ask......

I am still shocked since I heard it and think that playing ourselves under the radar maybe a better way versus how we did it last year. Playoffs or bust will not be mentioned this season, there will be no guarantees by any players nor will we swagger our bad selves this season. There is a come to work and play hard mentality being instilled versus the talk big / do little scenario that set up last year. Our offense was putrid and we nearly got blanked several times during the season.

You heard it but do you truly believe it? I dont at all. We are gonna go defense in the 1st rd.

By the time I even caught wind of it, he was a bill. T.O. went from straight from the cowboys to the Bills within 48 hours. I also have my own reasons, depending on the source, for posting it up. I told BZ that Marv is coming back first and got killed, 2 weeks later I was hailed as the next coming.

Like I said here, right QB comes up and we are supposedly pulling the trigger. There is also a chance that after drafting a QB that's covered by others, that we trade him within the same round, like a Eli type scenario.

You are reaching bigtime. And TO was gone for the Cowboys more than 48 hours before we picked him up.

Hahahaha. I love these posters! This message board is literally filled of people who just look through sh-- to strike down and then they offer the same type of subjective, uninformed opinion that they rant against. Please do tell me, how does your opinion have anymore validity than mine?

Because you think that drafting a QB in the first round "makes sense." That puts your opinion somewhere between SKOOBY's and dog****.

Hahahaha. I love these posters! This message board is literally filled of people who just look through sh-- to strike down and then they offer the same type of subjective, uninformed opinion that they rant against. Please do tell me, how does your opinion have anymore validity than mine? Because you have posted 2,000 times? I mean jesus, its embarassing. People here want to do 1 of 2 things:

1) Strike down invalid opinions with more invalid opinions

2) Talk about how trading Jason Peters (who everyone agrees is terrible) will net us a bunch of high draft picks (because clearly no other teams know he is terrible, only our fans do. Why? I've heard reasons all the way from, our fans watch the tape to journalists don't ever know what they are talking about).

This is a message board. Why doesn't this board have intelligent discussions, that might possibly venture "outside the box" like other legitimate fan messages boards do? Rather, anytime a conversation is brought up that might be interesting to talk about (drafting a QB?!?!?!) it is immediately struck down as ridiculous. Rather lets have a mock draft thread where the Bills trade Jason Peters for 4 first round draft picks and then spin two of those draft picks for Cutler

Did I say they would draft a QB? NO! Why did I say they wouldn't draft a QB? BECAUSE WE DON'T HAVE THE ABILITY TO TAKE THAT CALCULATED RISK. Did I say Trent is not worthy of starting? NO. I am a Trent fan, but he hasn't shown he is our franchise QB. He is far from a sure thing and the Bills don't have a reason to think he is their long term QB yet.

And also, come on, we took Fitzpatrick because we are sold with Edwards? WE TOOK FITZPATRICK BECAUSE WE CAN'T AFFORD Leftwich or Garcia!!!!!!! Garcia would have been a particularly good person to step in when Edwards hurts himself and he could finally provide some veteran experience to help tutor Trent

Some are comparing Sanchez to Matt Ryan. If that is so it would make sense ON PAPER for a team with a QB like Edwards to ponder taking a chance on the kid. But the FO strategy just does not allow for that to happen.

Calm down.