RUMOR: Big curveball coming in with our first pick

SKOOBY

Don't necessarily want this to happen but I could see it happening. He'd take Ellison's spot, be great in coverage, excellent blitz skills, takes care of linebacker and pass rush. Clay Matthews came to SC as a safety...the same position Brian Urlacher played at New Mexico. I heard a scout compare him skillwise to Urlacher. Still have others I'd rather see at #11 though.

The Bills will have a difficult choice to make at #11. There's going to be lots of good players to pick from.

A caveat: He played LB along with ILB Rey Maualuga. It's always something to consider - see John McCargo.

Matthews is a 1-year starter for USC. Good pedigree, no doubt...but it's something to ponder.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You hit the nail on the head, Mr Starr. Skooby is pathetic, and uses this board to get attention...ANY attention. I can only imagine what kind of a worthless pitiful life this stupid fuc#er must have. There has been suggestions he is an outcast from another Bills' board, and apparently he choose us, as the place to share his special brand of stupid.

Guys like this rarely change. He'll get run out here, and go somewhere else, again screwing up any chance to be part of a real community, due to his desperate and antisocial behavior.

Yeah, he pretty much revealed where he used to be an idiot 'til he was run off...

By the time I even caught wind of it, he was a bill. T.O. went from straight from the cowboys to the Bills within 48 hours. I also have my own reasons, depending on the source, for posting it up. I told BZ that Marv is coming back first and got killed, 2 weeks later I was hailed as the next coming.

He must have read that here, since I was the first to reveal Marv's return! :thumbsup:

SKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBY and his slick ride

Yeah, he pretty much revealed where he used to be an idiot 'til he was run off...

He must have read that here, since I was the first to reveal Marv's return! :wallbash:

SKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBY and his slick ride

that's true. The Senator called Marv's return (to be fair, as HC not GM) months before it happened...maybe years. :thumbsup:

Word came in from BMW driving friends that our first pick is probably going to be a QB, if the one we want is available. We have no real backup and can groom a good one for when we're ready to win. T.O. was a marketing stunt to sell the seats that we're cancelled and the teams management is under no delusion of defeating many on our schedule or division this year. The AFC east is going to be the toughest place to play this year and after finishing last last year, that's where we'll stay.

I expect to get crucified for bringing this to the table but then again I am the anti-Christ.

You are getting slammed here, but I won't be surprised to see us take a QB if the right one falls to us which there is a very good chance he could.

I dont care how much the fans of this board want to delusionally convince themselves that the coaching staff is enamored with Trent, because they are not. Everything I hear points to the fact that they like him but arent sold on him. I am not going to say we will pick a QB in round 1, but it won't shock me one bit. We had interest in Cassel, I hear we have had some interest in Cutler (how much is anyones guess though), so us having possible QB interest wouldnt surprise me.

I am not going to pretend I have some source in the front office, because I dont. But I do have some friends in the NFL in various positions or playing. And from what I hear from them is that the Bills like Trent but are not married to Trent.

I still think the odds are that we go OL or DL at #11 or trade out of the pick to someone trying to move up and get a QB, but if we stood pat and took a QB I also wouldnt be surprised.

You are getting slammed here, but I won't be surprised to see us take a QB if the right one falls to us which there is a very good chance he could.

I dont care how much the fans of this board want to delusionally convince themselves that the coaching staff is enamored with Trent, because they are not. Everything I hear points to the fact that they like him but arent sold on him. I am not going to say we will pick a QB in round 1, but it won't shock me one bit. We had interest in Cassel, I hear we have had some interest in Cutler (how much is anyones guess though), so us having possible QB interest wouldnt surprise me.

I am not going to pretend I have some source in the front office, because I dont. But I do have some friends in the NFL in various positions or playing. And from what I hear from them is that the Bills like Trent but are not married to Trent.

I still think the odds are that we go OL or DL at #11 or trade out of the pick to someone trying to move up and get a QB, but if we stood pat and took a QB I also wouldnt be surprised.

I completely agree. I don't see how anyone could be sold on Trent at this point. DISCLAIMER: I think JP sucks and I don't hate Trent. I wouldn't guess that the Bills are ready to give up on Trent, but a long term backup plan has to be on their mind. I'm not sure that this staff can afford to spend a first rounder on a QB, but I expect to see one taken somewhere. Of course, if somebody feels they have some immediate job security and the right guy falls to them, anything could happen. I have been hoping we draft a QB all along. At the very least a rookie QB might be able to beat out Fitzpatrick. History tells us somebody is going to need to start in place of Trent.

QUOTE (SKOOBY @ Apr 2 2009, 11:40 AM)

Another gem, you guys can't take what the street brings. Bury your head and assume that just because your stuck in a pathetic icebowl for 9 months a year that everyone else is dead ended as well. I live a completely type of life than most and actually most people have no idea how things really work. Consider me being here a potential source of inside info versus your neighbor that is as broke / clueless as some of you.

Holy sh--...where to begin?

QUOTE (SKOOBY @ Apr 2 2009, 11:40 AM)

Another gem, you guys can't take what the street brings. Bury your head and assume that just because your stuck in a pathetic icebowl for 9 months a year that everyone else is dead ended as well. I live a completely type of life than most and actually most people have no idea how things really work. Consider me being here a potential source of inside info versus your neighbor that is as broke / clueless as some of you.

Holy sh--...where to begin?

this wasnt really said, was it?

I completely agree. I don't see how anyone could be sold on Trent at this point. DISCLAIMER: I think JP sucks and I don't hate Trent. I wouldn't guess that the Bills are ready to give up on Trent, but a long term backup plan has to be on their mind. I'm not sure that this staff can afford to spend a first rounder on a QB, but I expect to see one taken somewhere. Of course, if somebody feels they have some immediate job security and the right guy falls to them, anything could happen. I have been hoping we draft a QB all along. At the very least a rookie QB might be able to beat out Fitzpatrick. History tells us somebody is going to need to start in place of Trent.

Couldnt agree more...like you said, I definitely dont believe they are ready to give up on him (and for good reason), but from what I hear is that they are not nearly as sold on him as some here seem to think.

I think this is more likely though than us drafting a QB at #11: I have a feeling we will be making a serious inquiry (if we havent already) into the Cutler situation...no, I havent heard we have, but I have heard we have interest (then again, 20+ teams I am sure have interest in a young Pro Bowl QB), so who knows.

Even if Cutler isnt traded to us, it might affect us. If Denver doesnt get a QB in return or a pick ahead of us (like say they trade him to the Jets or Chi), we would be a prime spot for them to move up to (or another team to get ahead of Denver) in order to grab a QB.

On paper, it all makes sense. If Sanchez is there, why not take him? Trent is far from a sure thing and though I have always been a big fan of his, if he doesn't make significant strides with TO/Evans/Reed Jackson/Lynch at his disposal, he is going to go down as a bust and the Bills will be back in rebuilding mode.

Unfortunately, due to the fact that the FO has so poorly mismanaged the franchise over the past 10 years, the Bills just do not have the luxury of taking these calculated risks. If the team had concentrated on building up the O-Line/D-Line over the past 10 years instead of concentrating on drafting DB's and signing overrated lineman through FA (see Dockery/Tripplett), we would have a solid foundation to build off of. But, as of now, the team doesn't have that luxury. Regardless of whether they are sold on Trent's ability to win or not, IMO they have gone "all in" with the kid.

There are far too many important holes on this team that the FO hopes to fill via the draft. If the Bills draft a QB, they will still have a hole at weakside linebacker, DE, G, possibly LT and TE. Not to mention the Bills have issues at Safety, C and in my opinion, at DT ( I am not a Williams fan at all).

If the Bills had a really strong Line on either side of the ball, I would say, what the hell go for it. But, they don't. And the first step to having a solid football team is being dominant at the line of scrimmage. If the Bills haven't figured that out yet, they are screwed.

(BTW, the kid from Texas A and M is prob worth taking a look at in the later rounds)

My thoughts exactly, you just did a much better job of putting it together. :thumbsup: I only disagree with Edwards being a bust, if he fails this year. I could see Edwards being a very solid backup or serviceable journeyman. I think as far as third round Qbs go, that's not bad production. Especially if he continues to be a professional in how he goes about his work.

On paper, it all makes sense. If Sanchez is there, why not take him? Trent is far from a sure thing and though I have always been a big fan of his, if he doesn't make significant strides with TO/Evans/Reed Jackson/Lynch at his disposal, he is going to go down as a bust and the Bills will be back in rebuilding mode.

Unfortunately, due to the fact that the FO has so poorly mismanaged the franchise over the past 10 years, the Bills just do not have the luxury of taking these calculated risks. If the team had concentrated on building up the O-Line/D-Line over the past 10 years instead of concentrating on drafting DB's and signing overrated lineman through FA (see Dockery/Tripplett), we would have a solid foundation to build off of. But, as of now, the team doesn't have that luxury. Regardless of whether they are sold on Trent's ability to win or not, IMO they have gone "all in" with the kid.

There are far too many important holes on this team that the FO hopes to fill via the draft. If the Bills draft a QB, they will still have a hole at weakside linebacker, DE, G, possibly LT and TE. Not to mention the Bills have issues at Safety, C and in my opinion, at DT ( I am not a Williams fan at all).

If the Bills had a really strong Line on either side of the ball, I would say, what the hell go for it. But, they don't. And the first step to having a solid football team is being dominant at the line of scrimmage. If the Bills haven't figured that out yet, they are screwed.

(BTW, the kid from Texas A and M is prob worth taking a look at in the later rounds)

Good post... :thumbsup:

On paper, it all makes sense.

No, it doesn't. Not at all.

The FO is obviously comfortable with Trent, that's why they brought in Fitzpatrick - not Garcia or Leftwich - to back him up. With all the holes that need filling, if you needed a QB it could have been done during free agency. They won't draft a QB at all, much less in the first round. End of discussion.

Now gambling on Sanchez in the first round "makes good sense"? Is anyone convinced Sanchez is a good bet to be an excellent NFL QB? If so, when...this year?

:thumbsup:

This thread gets dumber all the time.