OWENS IN BUFFALO

I'd love to know who green-lighted this move. Probably Brandon over DJ's objections.

Wouldn't it be funny to see Owens and Schonert sniping at each other.

TS: "I knew Bill Walsh"

TO: "Who's that? I don't care anyway, I'm a HOF'er!"

Brandon isn't making player moves over DJ's head. I swear you have no sense of responsibilities when it comes to the Bills FO.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well...

My buddy and i are renewing. We have Bills sidelines seats and I can't wait to see this soap opera unfold.

We got better today end of story.

The Bills have been as conservative as Limbaugh and i for one is glad to see the old man has shaken it up.

Let's Go Bills!!!

Where's my popcorn !?

This signing is good at many levels.

1. The fan base has been disgusted with front office for keeping DJ. They are getting more and more uneasy about not making the playoffs. The team needed to do something big to give the fans something to celebrate. This signing will put fans in the stands. It will get merchandise sold. This will also get us national media. This is a good move for this reason.

2. The Bills needed another WR. so they went out and signed one of the best WR in the game. As a fan I am not sure how you complain about this. It gives us another year to develop Hardy and Johnson. I also think Parrish is gone. This is a good move to help us develop our young talent.

3. This is a one year deal. The bills are not out much if he doesn't workout. Brandon showed he has a pair. This is a gutsy move. This could be a horrible move, but at least he was willing to go out on a limb. This is a good signing.

I'm waiting for a crawl on channel two to say that Bass Pro is opening and the construction is about to begin on new Peace Bridge

:wallbash::bag:

So, you're saying you'll believe it when you see it?

holy cow! i knew something was up when my cell phone started blowing up. 30 text messages later, this is what we have...

not sure how i feel about this yet. my initial reaction was "well, there is the sexy name everyone has been begging for. careful what you wish for"

i dont know. im going to take the time to read this thread and digest it all...

I thought you were a Bills' fan.

I thought I was too....I'm just not sure anymore. I could have backed them through an 0-16 season, but I don't know if I can watch him in a Bills uniform

I'll probably get over it, but I am fed up with the NFL over their lack of caring about the concussion issue- they made that CRYSTAL clear

I love it. Plus of all the idiots around the league, TO actually plays his ass off. He blocks. He tries. I think he lights a fire under the Bills, and just gets Hardy and Johnson a year to mature. It should make the offense exciting and a threat to score. Now, just get a TE and we could be exciting.

Ralphie is nuts. I love it. :thumbsup::P

This is what I see too. For all his faults, he's a veteran guy that has been on a lot of winning teams. Not having vets who can provide an example on the field has hurt the Bills. TO can give them confidence and credibility and provide the kick in the ass that might be needed from time to time.

I can't believe there are people who are not thrilled with this signing. Owens is still a premier player in this league. When was the last time the Bills had a guy of this caliber on their team? For that matter, when was the last time the Bills had any high impact, premier player on the roster?

Is there a risk he blows up? Sure, but what exactly is the downside? They were 0-6 in the AFCE and Miami and the Jets are improving. They gotta try.

Great decision.

Sweet! :thumbsup: I want one!

HELL YEA

T. F&&ing O.

I cant billieve it

I am juiced up, the Bills have more Balls than I thought

I am VERY VERY VERY impressed

I am buying my TO jersey just for historic reasoning

Even time TO scores a TD we should have our popcorn ready and toss it the air lol

Call it popcorn snow storm

TO TO T F&&&ing O

I turn 47 on the 16th and I, too remember the rockpile as a wee one. So I hear you. These past 10 years, however, have been agony. Now, I highly doubt TO will sign with the Bills - someone will simply offer him more.

But

If the Bills sign him to ONE YEAR deal, he will be playing for pride and next year's big deal (somewhere else). It is the only way I can imagine him being a "good citizen" and playing his butt off in Buffalo.

So, yes, a one year deal would be IMO fantastic

my 2 cents

you "old man"!

-RichNJoisy

CNJBBB

I turn 47 on the 16th and I, too remember the rockpile as a wee one. So I hear you. These past 10 years, however, have been agony. Now, I highly doubt TO will sign with the Bills - someone will simply offer him more.

But

If the Bills sign him to ONE YEAR deal, he will be playing for pride and next year's big deal (somewhere else). It is the only way I can imagine him being a "good citizen" and playing his butt off in Buffalo.

So, yes, a one year deal would be IMO fantastic

my 2 cents

you "old man"!

-RichNJoisy

CNJBBB

If my math is correct, you're the old fart! :thumbsup: Well, it happened just like you said. 1 yr deal. I'm glad

it isn't longer, as Owens' antics may not be tolerated for much longer than that. Time will tell.

I'll preface this by saying that I cannot stand TO on a personal level.

That said, I think this is a very good deal for Buffalo.

1) Even at his diminished level, his skills for 6.5 million is a bargain.

2) This provides us with a legitimate guage to judge is Trent Edwards is capable of being our future.

3) It's a one year deal... You don't marry the stripper (even though he'll be capable of showing us love for one season)

4) It makes Buffalo relevant again. When was the last time you can think of the national media talking about us? This will help with future FA signings.

5) It addresses a significant need, and allows us to draft a DE in the first round.

2) This provides us with a legitimate guage to judge is Trent Edwards is capable of being our future.

3) It's a one year deal... You don't marry the stripper (even though he'll be capable of showing us love for one season)

4) It makes Buffalo relevant again. When was the last time you can think of the national media talking about us? This will help with future FA signings.

5) It addresses a significant need, and allows us to draft a DE in the first round.

:thumbsup:

Exactly how I feel.

My only problem is if he implodes and how that effects next season and

more importantly, the ramifications to the franchise for years to come.

If my math is correct, you're the old fart! :worthy: Well, it happened just like you said. 1 yr deal. I'm glad

it isn't longer, as Owens' antics may be tolerated for much longer than that. Time will tell.

Damn math expert!! :thumbsup:

My wife is POed by the signing but I THINK she's calmed down.

I have posted this elsewhere today but my wife and talked about TO yesterday - about how he'd never come to Buffalo because it is "not his kind of town" (in other words, boring but in actuality is possesses something that none of his previous team's has had: Heart.

Too bad his contract did not have incentives which included "good behavior" since living in Buffalo might "save" him. His personality has always been completely egocentric but that is not only unusual in WNY but unacceptable.

He might...just might.... if he spends some time working with some charities/churches/social groups whatever, learn what the Grinch learned. It may sound corny but this guy is LOST (rich, famous but messed up)

Now, I hope he discovers this....but if he ONLY brings a few playoffs games, I will accept that :P

Go Bills

RichNJoisy (aka old fart)

I now think the Bills should look for a TE - either via a trade with Denver or drafting Pettigrew in rd 1. The TO signing means they plan to try and win THIS year. We need a pass catching TE....NOW.

(we can give AARON steroids.)

-RnJ

Too bad his contract did not have incentives which included "good behavior" since living in Buffalo might "save" him. His personality has always been completely egocentric but that is not only unusual in WNY but unacceptable.

He might...just might.... if he spends some time working with some charities/churches/social groups whatever, learn what the Grinch learned. It may sound corny but this guy is LOST (rich, famous but messed up)

Owen's problems have never been off the field. He becomes a knucklehead in the locker room and on the sidelines.

The minute TO steps on the field, he becomes far & away the most talented player to wear a Bills uniform this decade. :thumbsup:

I think You'll see now there is one Man who rivals His talent Bro...And He wears #83...

WOOT! :P