Want to fire Jauron and replace him with a coordinator?

dave mcbride

If they fire Jauron and don't turn to a retread, who do they replace him with? Do you really think they'll get anyone better from the coordinator ranks? Or are you hoping for the luck of the draw despite the uninterrupted history of Bills' failures with coordinator and position coaches going back to team's founding? Remember that Mularkey and Williams are only the last two in a very long line of abject failures in this regard -- Hank Bullough, Kay Stephenson, Jim Ringo, Harvey Johnson, and Joe Collier. In fact, the only Bills coaches in history who have been any good -- Saban, Knox, Levy, and Phillips -- had been head coaches before coming to the Bills. (I'm excluding Buster Ramsey, who had a losing record in any case.)

If they fire Jauron and don't turn to a retread, who do they replace him with? Do you really think they'll get anyone better from the coordinator ranks? Or are you hoping for the luck of the draw despite the uninterrupted history of Bills' failures with coordinator and position coaches going back to team's founding? Remember that Mularkey and Williams are only the last two in a very long line of abject failures in this regard -- Hank Bullough, Kay Stephenson, Jim Ringo, Harvey Johnson, and Joe Collier. In fact, the only Bills coaches in history who have been any good -- Saban, Knox, Levy, and Phillips -- had been head coaches before coming to the Bills. (I'm excluding Buster Ramsey, who had a losing record in any case.)

I would hope Ralph would finally realize that we need to get someone who has had decent success as a HC instead of hiring guys who have never had Head coaching experience.

What's the risk? We end up with someone almost as bad as Jauron?

OF COURSE the right move is to fire dumbass Dick. But whatever. 3-year extension -- no way Ralph eats that money.

I've already come to terms with the idea that Dick Jauron will be the last head coach the Buffalo Bills ever have.

Ask yourself why other teams have had good luck hiring coordinators around the league. Miami, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Atlanta, etc. To me, the damning evidence of the lack of luck we've had hiring these new coaches is solely on our incompetent front office.

Ask yourself why other teams have had good luck hiring coordinators around the league. Miami, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Atlanta, etc. To me, the damning evidence of the lack of luck we've had hiring these new coaches is solely on our incompetent front office.

First off, take Pitt off your list. Tomlin keeps making coaching blunders (even cost them a win and almost another one against Dallas by repeating the mistake until Romo bailed him out). He wins because of talent on that team...that team is essentially the same team that won the Super Bowl just 3 years ago.

For every succesful coordinator hire there are many more flounders. Mularkey and Williams were going to be hired by someone those years we hired them as they were both hot coordinators. So who ever hired them was going to have a big miss at the HC position. The problem is, most people remember the successes but forget about the tons of misses.

What I keep coming back to is that Jauron has proven himself, to my eyes, as a failure beyond a shadow of a doubt. You're right that there is absolutely no guarantee of success by picking up someone new. But that's a crappy reason to settle for Dick "7-9" Jauron.

Good points. But the "next great HC" usually comes from being a co-ordinator. A couple candidates appear ready; Spagnuolo, McDaniels. Look at the job Tomlin is doing.

That said, an HC with past HC experience seems ideal. But then again look a Jauron...

It's a crapshoot really.

Amen.

Why fire Jauron when a coordinator has a 50/50 chance of being bust?

That's why, if we do fire Jauron, I want a proven HC with a winning record. (e.g., Billick, Sherman, Schottenheimer, Fassel)

Do you really think they'll get anyone better from the coordinator ranks?

Yes. In fact, a monkey can do what Dick Jauron does on gameday. Stand there all day with a head set on, waiting to make a game losing decision at the end of the game.

When you have a coach as bad as Dick Jauron you simply fire him and move forward. You don't tremble in fear of the unknown. You keep trying to get it right. Keeping Dick Jauron on as head coach is basically throwing in the towel, raising the white flag.

Do you ever wonder why the Steelers picked a POSITIONAL coach from ANOTHER TEAM, instead of hiring Weisenhunt or Grimm???? I mean, according to Bills fans the smart thing to do would be to hire from within and promote a coordinator. But they didn't do that, they hired a young bright positional coach from the Bucs who had no previous experience as a defensive coordinator. So the reason why they hire Tomlin (which most Bills fans would have seen as radical and stupid) was because they are an extremely smart organization who know the qualities it takes to become a very successful head coach.

Fear is a very stupid reason to keep Dick Jauron around. I'd much rather have a young dynamic coach like Raheem Morris (another Tampa DB coach/head coach in waiting) leading the charge than another dreadful year under Jauron. Obviously he's not the only one, the Bills need to go after a coach in this league who is smart, competitive, cold hearted in his football decisions yet has an endless passion for the game. I really don't care if he's a positional coach or a coordinator. This game is not the rocket science that Jauron likes to make it out to be. We need to stop feeling so sorry for Dick and move on. Yes, it's sad it didn't work out but the guy has had way more opportunities to prove himself as a head coach than any other person ever in the NFL.

Yes. In fact, a monkey can do what Dick Jauron does on gameday. Stand there all day with a head set on, waiting to make a game losing decision at the end of the game.

When you have a coach as bad as Dick Jauron you simply fire him and move forward. You don't tremble in fear of the unknown. You keep trying to get it right. Keeping Dick Jauron on as head coach is basically throwing in the towel, raising the white flag.

Do you ever wonder why the Steelers picked a POSITIONAL coach from ANOTHER TEAM, instead of hiring Weisenhunt or Grimm???? I mean, according to Bills fans the smart thing to do would be to hire from within and promote a coordinator. But they didn't do that, they hired a young bright positional coach from the Bucs who had no previous experience as a defensive coordinator. So the reason why they hire Tomlin (which most Bills fans would have seen as radical and stupid) was because they are an extremely smart organization who know the qualities it takes to become a very successful head coach.

Fear is a very stupid reason to keep Dick Jauron around. I'd much rather have a young dynamic coach like Raheem Morris (another Tampa DB coach/head coach in waiting) leading the charge than another dreadful year under Jauron. Obviously he's not the only one, the Bills need to go after a coach in this league who is smart, competitive, cold hearted in his football decisions yet has an endless passion for the game. I really don't care if he's a positional coach or a coordinator. This game is not the rocket science that Jauron likes to make it out to be. We need to stop feeling so sorry for Dick and move on. Yes, it's sad it didn't work out but the guy has had way more opportunities to prove himself as a head coach than any other person ever in the NFL.

You seem to be overlooking the key salient fact -- 48 years of failure when choosing a coordinator without head coaching experience.

The one thing the Bills have never tried is choosing a college head coach. There have been a lot of failures of late in that regard, so I can't see that happening. In fact, have there been any successes since Jimmy Johnson? (I'm not including Switzer). Kirk Ferentz is the one guy who is frequently mentioned as suited for the pro game. However, the same was said about Saban. Maybe Wannstedt? People would howl, but he had six winning and five losing seasons in the pros. Of course, it'll never happen.

You seem to be overlooking the key salient fact -- 48 years of failure when choosing a coordinator without head coaching experience.

The one thing the Bills have never tried is choosing a college head coach. There have been a lot of failures of late in that regard, so I can't see that happening. In fact, have there been any successes since Jimmy Johnson? (I'm not including Switzer). Kirk Ferentz is the one guy who is frequently mentioned as suited for the pro game. However, the same was said about Saban. Maybe Wannstedt? People would howl, but he had six winning and five losing seasons in the pros. Of course, it'll never happen.

I think head coaching in the NFL has become a young man's game. I'm talking 45 and younger here. I'd rather have a guy who's already in the league and is either a positional coach or coordinator. I'm not big at all with hiring another retread like Dick was. This team needs big "change" and retread doesn't say "change" enough to me. Just pick a guy who is football smart, we all know by now it shouldn't matter if he went to an Ivy League school.

Every time there is a post about brining in a new coach somebody mentions that raheem morris guy. Maybe its the same dude suggesting him? I don't know too much about the guy, he's probably a good position coach. But the guy hasn't even been a coordinator yet. Its like asking an analyst to take on a senior vice president role at a firm without being an associate. Maybe there have been some successes in the nfl in hiring positional coaches but I'm sure the failures outweigh them. My vote is either bobby april or bring in an offensive minded guy with head coaching experience. The offense is a damn disgrace and needs to be revamped!

Every time there is a post about brining in a new coach somebody mentions that raheem morris guy. Maybe its the same dude suggesting him? I don't know too much about the guy, he's probably a good position coach. But the guy hasn't even been a coordinator yet. Its like asking an analyst to take on a senior vice president role at a firm without being an associate. Maybe there have been some successes in the nfl in hiring positional coaches but I'm sure the failures outweigh them. My vote is either bobby april or bring in an offensive minded guy with head coaching experience. The offense is a damn disgrace and needs to be revamped!

It's a damn good thing the Steelers did not go with your small thinking after Bill Cowher left. :rolleyes:

Bobby April? You're kidding, right?

The Bills need to hire the guy with the qualities that will make them a great head coach...football smart, ultra-competitive, decisive, passionate, creative, flexible, with someone with steel nerves. Hiring Bobby April would officially make the Buffalo Bills the most brain dead organization in the league surpassing the Detroit Lions.

It's a damn good thing the Steelers did not go with your small thinking after Bill Cowher left. :rolleyes:

Are you trying to say Tomlin is a great coach? Do you watch the games or just look at the record in the newspaper? He made bone head decisions that lost him a game this year, and then duplicated them and put his team in a position to lose again because of them against Dallas until Romo bailed him out with that INT he threw. He has done things like this several times last year and this year...

Truth about this guy is that his winning is hiding all his failures in his decisons. He is not winning based on coaching, he actually makes quite a bit of mistakes, but the IMMENSE talent on that team overcomes the mistakes. That is essentially the same team that won the Super Bowl with an even MORE experienced QB now, its no shock they still win.

One of my best friends is a die hard Steeler fan and he and a bunch of other Steeler fans usually watch the games at the bar we go to on Sundays to watch football. They are not sold on Tomlin and think his inexperience often hurts them. They love his fire and passion, but are not too high on him as a coach.

So, I say for the 10th time, why is this guy so highly regarded? Even announcers call him out in games for making dumb decisions...

So You're saying we should stick with a losing head coach in Jauron instead of attempting the risk to hire someone who might be just as bad as Jauron, but also might end up being a good hire?

I'm confused.

Not sure who this question is directed to, but I will answer it...

I dont think we should stick with DJ, but I strongly feel this team needs a PROVEN winner who KNOWS how to win games. We have a young team that doesnt know how to win. The last thing we need is another young guy who has to learn on the job just like our players.

We are young, but in this era of free agency the window of opportunity to win is about 3 years. We dont have time to develop a coach while trying to develop our team. If we had a veteran team that need a spark, then maybe, but we dont. We have a young team that just doesnt know how to win.

A coach needs to be able know how to motivate his team, adjust in game, game plan to beat the other team, make personnel decisions, evaluate talent, play to a players strengths, manage a game, manage the game clock, be able to make smart decisions at key points in the game, know when to be aggressive or conservative, etc, etc, etc.

Coordinators just dont have that kind of experience. Does it mean every one is going to fall flat on their face, not at all. But it does mean the odds are stacked against them. And with a young promising team we need someone to show them how to win, to be able to OUR COACH our opponent, and a coordinator with no real COACHING experience has a far less chance of being effective.

For every great HC transition from coordinator there are 10 total failures. You dont hear about them as they are quickly forgotten, so it seems coordinators have more success than they really do. Not to mention, their success as a coordinator often proves to be based on the personnel the HC on their existing teams built for them and not so much on their ability to lead a team.

Are you trying to say Tomlin is a great coach? Do you watch the games or just look at the record in the newspaper? He made bone head decisions that lost him a game this year, and then duplicated them and put his team in a position to lose again because of them against Dallas until Romo bailed him out with that INT he threw. He has done things like this several times last year and this year...

Truth about this guy is that his winning is hiding all his failures in his decisons. He is not winning based on coaching, he actually makes quite a bit of mistakes, but the IMMENSE talent on that team overcomes the mistakes. That is essentially the same team that won the Super Bowl with an even MORE experienced QB now, its no shock they still win.

One of my best friends is a die hard Steeler fan and he and a bunch of other Steeler fans usually watch the games at the bar we go to on Sundays to watch football. They are not sold on Tomlin and think his inexperience often hurts them. They love his fire and passion, but are not too high on him as a coach.

So, I say for the 10th time, why is this guy so highly regarded? Even announcers call him out in games for making dumb decisions...

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/TomlMi0.htm

30-21 head coaching record. That's a .700 winning percentage. When they beat the Titans they'll have the AFCs best record and home field throughout the playoffs. Does that not register with you and your friends?

Your friends are either very spoiled or feel sorry for you and are just trying to make you feel good about having brainless Dick Jauron as your head coach.

Winning is hiding his failures? Oh please dude, the NFL is about wins and losses. Your friends deserve to be smacked in the head with a 2x4 for complaining about Mike Tomlin. Do me a favor and tell them to shut the hell up.

If Dick Jauron were given that Steeler team he'd still have a below .500 record. If you were given the choice between having our 2009 first round pick or hiring Mike Tomlin as our next head coach, you'd hire Mike Tomlin as our next head coach and if you wouldn't you'd be stupid.

If Dick Jauron were given that Steeler team he'd still have a below .500 record. If you were given the choice between having our 2009 first round pick or hiring Mike Tomlin as our next head coach, you'd hire Mike Tomlin as our next head coach and if you wouldn't you'd be stupid.

This might be dumbest post ever on here...first DJ won COACH OF THE YEAR with a team VASTLY inferior to the talent on the Steelers. So for you to say this you are implying that the Steelers dont have enough talent to win and are winning solely on coaching...By your logic you might as well say the 49ers never win a super bowl with Montanna, Rice and company if they have a weaker coach...just absurd to say winning is more heavily weighted on coaching than talent.

You are another one of those who looks in the newspaper or looks online to see what his record is and doesnt actually watch the games to see the coaching blunders he makes.

The fans I speak of are not spoiled, they see every play, they hear the announcers even question his decisions...heck, I watch most Steeler games because of them and I see the same thing.

So you can stare at your pretty little computer screen and the winning percentage all you want, but the football facts are simple...he is a young coach making coaching mistakes that have already cost him a win this year and then duplicated the mistake in the Cowboy game which almost lost him the game until Tony Romo helped him out with a awful pass for a INT to lose the game. And there are plenty of other bone head decisions he has made the last 2 seasons...

Does it mean he wont learn from those mistakes...not at all...it means he is NOT out coaching anyone and is succeeding because of talent on his team. If he was the coach of Buffalo this year I would bet every dollar I have that our record wouldnt be much different.

Pittsburgh is NOT outcoaching anyone...

Good points. But the "next great HC" usually comes from being a co-ordinator. A couple candidates appear ready; Spagnuolo, McDaniels. Look at the job Tomlin is doing.

That said, an HC with past HC experience seems ideal. But then again look a Jauron...

It's a crapshoot really.

Exactly look at the annual coaching carousel. I believe the key is having a coach and a front office that are on the same page.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/TomlMi0.htm

30-21 head coaching record. That's a .700 winning percentage. When they beat the Titans they'll have the AFCs best record and home field throughout the playoffs. Does that not register with you and your friends?

Your friends are either very spoiled or feel sorry for you and are just trying to make you feel good about having brainless Dick Jauron as your head coach.

Winning is hiding his failures? Oh please dude, the NFL is about wins and losses. Your friends deserve to be smacked in the head with a 2x4 for complaining about Mike Tomlin. Do me a favor and tell them to shut the hell up.

I'm neither a fan or Jauron nor a critic of Tomlin. However, I am a critic of simplistic arguments, like a simple correlation of coaching ability with winning percentage. To that end, I suggest you read this: http://deadspin.com/5051649/excerpt-boys-w...y-jeff-pearlman.

lol... still cant get over how dump this statement is...the ignorance in this statement is still lingering in my head...I need to take a shower to wash the ignorance off from this post... :rolleyes:

Heck, DJ is only 1 game under .500 now with a team with arguably half the talent of Pitt.

And it is precisely my point from my that other thread about fans contributing money in to buy the next coach...its why you dont let fans run your team...aka, dont let the inmates run asylum, because they dont know football.

Anyone who would take Tomlin over a 1st round draft pick would be the laughing stock of the league...so you would take Tomlin over Matt Ryan, Adrian Peterson, Albert Haynesworth, Randy Moss, Payton Manning, Ladanian Tomlinson, Dwight Freeny, Julius Peppers, Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, etc, etc, etc...all first round draft picks, all more valuable than Mike Tomlin...

lol... still cant get over how dump this statement is...the ignorance in this statement is still lingering in my head...I need to take a shower to wash the ignorance off from this post... :rolleyes:

Heck, DJ is only 1 game under .500 now with a team with arguably half the talent of Pitt.

And it is precisely my point from my that other thread about fans contributing money in to buy the next coach...its why you dont let fans run your team...aka, dont let the inmates run asylum, because they dont know football.

Anyone who would take Tomlin over a 1st round draft pick would be the laughing stock of the league...so you would take Tomlin over Matt Ryan, Adrian Peterson, Albert Haynesworth, Randy Moss, Payton Manning, Ladanian Tomlinson, Dwight Freeny, Julius Peppers, Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, etc, etc, etc...all first round draft picks, all more valuable than Mike Tomlin...

Way to twist my words you incoherent jackass. I never said that the reason the Steelers are so great is because of their head coach. Were you dropped on your head as a baby?

Tomlin didn't screw it up like Dick Jauron would have. Should I have written that in all caps for you?

You list the best players in the league and correlate that to Buffalo's 2009 1st rounder? You sir are a moron.

I would give away Buffalo's 2009 first round pick in a heartbeat for Mike Tomlin. You apparently are not willing to do so which confirms my belief you're a moron.

I'll take that "idiot" Mike Tomlin off of your idiot Steeler friends hands any day of the week. So he wins even when he's stupid, did you ever think about how good of a coach he'll be when the learning curve is over? Didn't think so dunce.

It's plain ridiculous to say we can't find a good coach because Ralph is the owner. But RW is the common denominator in all of this and remains an obstacle to having a winning franchise. When he allows football people to make football decisions, good things happen. Unfortunately, he hasn't done this since, well, BP.

There are coordinators right now in this league who can and will succeed as HC's. There are coordinators who cannot. The key is having a football guy who can make the right choice. Donahoe struck out twice, although it wasn't that cut and dry. It also wouldn't hurt to make it worthwhile to come to Buffalo, which is another sticking point. Not to mention having only 7 home games.

Nearly every successful NFL coach, past and present, was a coordinator at one time. Generally, HC's have one shot to be good, hence the risk averse culture in the fraternity. Finding a competent guy who just came from being a HC somewhere else is very, very hard. Perhaps if Andy Reid is let go, but I doubt that. Therefore, it's key to find new coaching talent.

Maybe if we hire a real GM, it will happen.

Way to twist my words you incoherent jackass. I never said that the reason the Steelers are so great is because of their head coach. Were you dropped on your head as a baby?

Tomlin didn't screw it up like Dick Jauron would have. Should I have written that in all caps for you?

You list the best players in the league and correlate that to Buffalo's 2009 1st rounder? You sir are a moron.

I would give away Buffalo's 2009 first round pick in a heartbeat for Mike Tomlin. You apparently are not willing to do so which confirms my belief you're a moron.

I'll take that "idiot" Mike Tomlin off of your idiot Steeler friends hands any day of the week. So he wins even when he's stupid, did you ever think about how good of a coach he'll be when the learning curve is over? Didn't think so dunce.

You are hilarious...Tomlin has screwed up plenty...his team is talented enough to win anyway.

I have a suggestion for you, why not watch the guy coach before you decide how good of a coach he is. Even Pitt fans have been frustrated with him. You lazy boy GM's open up a win loss report and annoit the guy Bill Walsh. What about the losses he has from coaching errors?

And I have named several reasons why he isnt an Elite coach at this point, and you are yet to provide a single aspect as to what about him makes him this Elite coach that you would give up our first round pick for.

Tomlin did not build that team.

Tomlin has made more than his share of coaching errors, including LOSING games because of them

And you dont turn around teams who have a clear lack of talent at key positions like us by giving up PREMIUM draft picks to get an unproven HC who has made a number of dubious mistakes.

To top it off, you clearly point out how stupid your post is by claiming that DJ wouldnt be over .500 if he was coaching Pitt this year when he is one game under .500 with a team with half the overall talent as Pitt, so get out a la la land.

Just go back to playing Madden football where all your fantasy's can come true, because you are clearly delusional.

And for the record, I am not saying Tomlin wont learn from his mistakes and develop into a premier coach, I am saying he has not there at this point in time.

Geezus, now I need another shower to go wash the lame off me from your response...

You are hilarious...Tomlin has screwed up plenty...his team is talented enough to win anyway.

I have a suggestion for you, why not watch the guy coach before you decide how good of a coach he is. Even Pitt fans have been frustrated with him. You lazy boy GM's open up a win loss report and annoit the guy Bill Walsh. What about the losses he has from coaching errors?

And I have named several reasons why he isnt an Elite coach at this point, and you are yet to provide a single aspect as to what about him makes him this Elite coach that you would give up our first round pick for.

Tomlin did not build that team.

Tomlin has made more than his share of coaching errors, including LOSING games because of them

And you dont turn around teams who have a clear lack of talent at key positions like us by giving up PREMIUM draft picks to get an unproven HC who has made a number of dubious mistakes.

To top it off, you clearly point out how stupid your post is by claiming that DJ wouldnt be over .500 if he was coaching Pitt this year when he is one game under .500 with a team with half the overall talent as Pitt, so get out a la la land.

Just go back to playing Madden football where all your fantasy's can come true, because you are clearly delusional.

And for the record, I am not saying Tomlin wont learn from his mistakes and develop into a premier coach, I am saying he has not there at this point in time.

Geezus, now I need another shower to go wash the lame off me from your response...

Don't you get it? Chris Kelsay = James Harrison

The irony of this post is off the charts. You call him ignorant 40 times, and then list the best 1st rounders of the past decade as your reference point? Seriously? Like you gotta be kidding me with this? If you are trying to create a sample group of players as an argument, DON'T USE THE BEST PLAYERS FROM THE LAST 10 YEARS! Would I take Mike Tomlin over Erik Flowers, Mike Williams, Ryan Leaf, Cade McNown, Joey Harrington, Ryan Sims, Peter Warrick, and Courtney Brown....damn right I would.

Also, I'm not sure what kind of crazed superiority complex that you have going on that makes you feel your opinion is always right, but I know Pitt fans too, and just about all of them love Mike Tomlin. ESPN coach approval ratings agree, as Tomlin is tied for the top. Just because you and your buddies can pick on a few mistakes, doesn't mean he's an awful coach. Remember Gibbs' back-to-back timeouts?

Besides losing and having management make bonehead moves, the only thing consistent over the years is great special teams play. We can agree that bobby april is the reason behind that. He knows how to motivate his players and puts them in a position to succeed. If the bills roll the dice on a cheap alternative, I'd rather have him than a positional coach from another team.

In regards to Tomlin, he seems like a badazz who unlike jauron will beat some heads. I can't comment on his actual coaching, don't know enough about him. I'm sure he is much better than the garbage on the bills sideline. I do think tomlin inherited a great team and the arguement can be made that its easier to hide mistakes with talent. If that is the case with tomlin, I don't know. Jauron, unfortunately, doesn't have that luxary and hence has been a total bust.

Ferentz has 3 big plusses in his favor

1. he has NFL coachiing experience under Bellichek in Cleveland

2. he was the offensive line coach which helps in 2 ways

a. he will have the juice and the understanding to make the OL a priority on draft day

b. he won't tolerate teh dysfunction regarding zone blocking, drive blocking, blitz calls, etc

3. he has proven capable of running the entire program at a major college - the major unknown of most NFL coordinators

The bottom line is you never know. You could get a coordinator and it could go either way. You could get an experienced HC and that could go either way. Marty Schottenheimer is out there, but he can't get through the playoffs. Brian Billick, Cowher, Nolan, Marriucci just to name a few. Cowher and Billick have rings, but look at how many seasons they coached for their respective teams. With Cowher you run the risk of being stuck with another Kordell Stewart for 10 years, and Billick didn't have any luck with quarterbacks since he left Minnesota and the Moss/Culpepper connection. Hell, Bellichek was a crappy coach in Cleveland, and look at him now.

What about Ron Rivera, remember him? Former DC for the Bears the last time they went to the Super Bowl. He is the DC for the Chargers now. He was a HC candidate a couple of years ago. What about someone like Jason Garrett, or try to lure Mike Singletary from the Niners. Oh, yeah, thats right we are talking about the Bills so scratch most of these.

I would prefer someone with a Defensive mind. Too bad Monte Kiffin is going to the college ranks. Hell what about the DC for the Eagles (Jim Jones?).

I would hope Ralph would finally realize that we need to get someone who has had decent success as a HC instead of hiring guys who have never had Head coaching experience.

Experience is vastly overrated. The problem is they have hired coordinators who just aren't good head coaches. Look at John Harbaugh in Baltimore, Mike Smith in Atlanta, Tony Sparano in Miami, and even Jim Zorn to a degree in Washington. All of them have winning records, except Zorn who is 7 and 7. All of them other than Zorn are taking over teams that had horrible records last year. Their lack of experience is not hurting them at all. Wilson doesn't need to hire someone with "experience". He needs to hire someone who can get the job done, whether they have experience or don't...why is it everyone else who hires coordinators and position coaches seems to succeed except for the Bills?

At this point, I'm not even convinced Jauron will be fired... He may be with us for a while...

But if he is fired, do we really believe Wilson is gonna go out and get an experienced, Super Bowl coach in the mold of a Bill Cowher? Based on his track record, that's highly unlikely...

On top of that, assistants high on the HC interview list will be in demand this year with all the other vacancies... but you can bet that, hypothetically, Wilson will want to sign a cheap assistant who's green as a HC...

If it were me, I'd heavily look into offensive-minded assistants who are cutting edge West Coast Offense schemers and can groom a QB... I believe this is the best type of offense for Trent Edwards and perfectly fits his style. A ball-control WC scheme that can keep the defense off the field...

If the Bills Organization does that though, it would be a miracle... because it would mean thay are actually doing something that makes sense...

Discussing who the Bills will hire has nothing to do with whether or not Jauron should be fired. If an employee is stealing from your business, would you not fire them because you're not sure who you'd replace them with? Jauron has proven that he isn't the coach for this team, and that he just isn't a good coach, period.

Oh, and anyone who suggests Bobby April, is a jackass plain and simple.

Oh, and anyone who suggests Bobby April, is a jackass plain and simple.

As a Bills fan in Phoenix who doesn't get to hear the local Buffalo sports radio, nor has the time to read every last scrap of info about the Bills on the net, why do you feel Bobby April would be a bad pick to be HC? I'm not saying that Bobby April would make a good HC, I just want to understand your viewpoint of why he wouldn't. As an outsider looking in, all I see is that his special teams have been outstanding year in, year out. I think he's ready for more responsibility as an OC or DC at the very least.