Jason Peters

itaos

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

below average game from jason once again, giving up a sack/forced fumble and getting beat consistently to the outside........the bills are paying for his selfishness and he needs to shake the rust quickly!.....perhaps next year he'll shake the rust in camp like everyone else does!

below average game from jason once again, giving up a sack/forced fumble and getting beat consistently to the outside........the bills are paying for his selfishness and he needs to shake the rust quickly!.....perhaps next year he'll shake the rust in camp like everyone else does!

Amen.

Tired of these posts. If anyone thinks he would be pro bowl caliber 2 games in is stupid.

Yeah, I mean it's horrible stupid to think a jackass could hold out, show up, and then say he was in game shape and we call him out after he plays like sh*t. It's just our fault for him getting manhandled today. I almost feel bad for the guy.

Sorry, the guy is still unproven at LT. One good season isn't enough. I'm glad people like you and Pyrite who washed his jock every 5 minutes he held out are seeing what a good front office looks like.

Tired of these posts. If anyone thinks he would be pro bowl caliber 2 games in is stupid.

I guess Jason is stupid....thought he was pro bowl caliber in the offseason.

They showed a replay were he pushed his guy "out of the play" about 2 inches and the dude ended up smacking edwards. Funny part was, Peters walked his way towards the play and looked like a LAZY PIECE OF SH*T!

The dude suked again this game. Let him sit a couple of games to get his head in it.

I must admit, it's looking more and more like that hold out is costing him pretty significant money. He's looked remarkably average in his first 2 games back. Not that he can't or won't' turn it back around; but as of now he's looking far from a top 5 OT. The good thing is we're still winning while he gets his feel back for the game.

Yeah, I mean it's horrible stupid to think a jackass could hold out, show up, and then say he was in game shape and we call him out after he plays like sh*t. It's just our fault for him getting manhandled today. I almost feel bad for the guy.

Sorry, the guy is still unproven at LT. One good season isn't enough. I'm glad people like you and Pyrite who washed his jock every 5 minutes he held out are seeing what a good front office looks like.

:thumbsup::huh::rolleyes::huh::thumbsup:

I have to agree. Peters hurt himself, the team and could cost TE some playing time if he gets hurt because of Peters selfishness. He constantly got beat, but to the Raiders credit, they knew how to beat him.

Let's hope Peters only gets better each game.

Peters lack of work during the off season (OTA's and then camp) are showing big-time.

The only player who could miss all of the OTA's and camp, and still be a monster was a guy who was honored

today at the Ralph, Mr. Bruce (it's all about me, but I deliver) Smith.

Sorry. No one was making those excuses when certain posters were calling Peters the "best player on the team" and predicting certain death for Edwards if Walker started at LT. Two games in and every hard hit Edwards has taken came from Peters getting beaten like an old rug. I'm sure he will get back to form eventually, but right now he's not looking very Pro Bowl-esque.

PTR

Walter Jones had no problem doing it, for a few straight years IIRC. Maybe Jason thinks more of himself then he should at this point. If the guy played LT his whole football career then sitting out training camp might not be so bad but the guy has played his position for just 1 year.

Are you saying that that his holdout hasn't adversely effected his on-field performance?

Maybe, just maybe, had he had his fat arse in camp on time, he wouldn't need the 3 or 4 games to play at a "pro bowl caliber."

Edwards started very slow too in this game. Evans started very slow too in this game. The entire offense started very slow in this game. Peters did look awful on 2-3 plays but he also was awesome on many more. Was Edwards and Evans rusty because they held out? I'm not saying he isn't rusty but everyone was bad for quite some time. And then everyone picked up their play. In the fourth quarter he was terrific. There were a couple plays where Peters manhandled his guy for 5-6 seconds.

Edwards started very slow too in this game. Evans started very slow too in this game. The entire offense started very slow in this game. Peters did look awful on 2-3 plays but he also was awesome on many more. Was Edwards and Evans rusty because they held out? I'm not saying he isn't rusty but everyone was bad for quite some time. And then everyone picked up their play. In the fourth quarter he was terrific. There were a couple plays where Peters manhandled his guy for 5-6 seconds.

it was WAY MORE than 2 or 3. what i think you mean there is, his guy who he missed only made big plays 2 or 3 times. we got lucky on the others that the play didnt go that way or TE got rid of the ball quickly.

Peters was a liability every play he was out there. I was hoping that at half they were going to go back to Walker on the left and Chambers on the right.

True. But a big part of why Edwards looked bad early on was due to the pressure and hits he was getting from his blindside. Let's not sugar coat it - Peters did not have a good game. He played well enough at times, surely. However, he was far from a probowl, top 5 OT. I'm sure he'll get back into his game soon enough, but for this one day, he looked bad.

take off the peters-colored glasses........he's not playing good because of the holdout.....he has plenty of rust that he should have knocked off in camp........perhaps you should just accept that and stop making excuses for him at every turn

i know you have a lot invested in your stance that "he didn't hurt himself with the holdout", but clearly you've been proven wrong by what he's shown on the field the past 2 weeks (and i'm not even talking about the financial aspect of that)

i hope he picks it up soon because the bills can't afford to be giving up a turnover per game due to his below average performance

take off the peters-colored glasses........he's not playing good because of the holdout.....he has plenty of rust that he should have knocked off in camp........perhaps you should just accept that and stop making excuses for him at every turn

i know you have a lot invested in your stance that "he didn't hurt himself with the holdout", but clearly you've been proven wrong by what he's shown on the field the past 2 weeks (and i'm not even talking about the financial aspect of that)

i hope he picks it up soon because the bills can't afford to be giving up a turnover per game due to his below average performance

I do think he hurt himself with the holdout. I do think he was rusty. I do think he never should have held out, and even if he did, he should have shown up a week earlier. I think he hurt his team and teammates. But I also watched him and he dominated at times. He got burnt and beat more than he should but everyone did.

it was WAY MORE than 2 or 3. what i think you mean there is, his guy who he missed only made big plays 2 or 3 times. we got lucky on the others that the play didnt go that way or TE got rid of the ball quickly.

Peters was a liability every play he was out there. I was hoping that at half they were going to go back to Walker on the left and Chambers on the right.

I was hoping the same thing. Peters was a liability today and should have been pulled. I know his agent would have went into cardiac arrest, but fug the both of them. Time to put in the best players, and Peters looked bad for 2 games. Today he looked horrible. If Edwards was JP we would have 7 sacks today, and that's not a slam against JP, but a slam against Peters.

He played big on the last two drives, but he was directly responsible for two sacks and the second lost fumble in two weeks.

Costing himself money, for sure. Nice job sitting out camp.

To be fair to Peters he was probably thinking:

I'll hold out

73.4% of porcelain dolls say JP will start the season and Trent gets hurt in preseason

If two guys go around me and force fumbles JP will get the blame anyway.

He did not count on Edwards to be healthy which means the fumbles are Peters' fault.

That's the risk he took.

To be fair to Peters he was probably thinking:

I'll hold out

73.4% of porcelain dolls say JP will start the season and Trent gets hurt in preseason

If two guys go around me and force fumbles JP will get the blame anyway.

He did not count on Edwards to be healthy which means the fumbles are Peters' fault.

That's the risk he took.

What about porcelain cats?

Good. It shows that he's not above being sat down for a while if he's getting beat. Hopefully he played better after that.

I just developed a lot of respect for Dick Jauron after reading that, many coaches are just more or less "guides" for their players and essentially end up being controlled by them. To sit Peters sends a huge message to him, hopefully it knocked him down a peg or two which will result in greater effort.

Hey Jason, it looks like your pass protection play is even costing you more than those fines you racked up.

Maybe you'll find an agent next time who'll give you better advice, because we're just a bunch of dumb fans and even we notice you're getting worked like a turnstyle out there. If I were John Guy, I'd just play some game tape of you when you come asking for more money and tell your agent to stick it up his a$$.

Hey Jason, it looks like your play is even costing you more than those fines you racked up.

Maybe you'll find an agent who'll give you better advice, because we're just a bunch of dumb fans and even we notice you're getting worked like a turnstyle out there. If I was John Guy, I'd just play some game tape of you when you come asking for more money and tell your agent to stick it up his a$$.

i can just imagine the response from Parker:

"but, but, but......jason missed camp so of course he wasn't all that good the first few games - he was knocking off the rust! you can't judge him based on those games! pay him based on how good he would have been if he had a full camp!"

i hope for jason's sake that he clues in to this game sooner rather then later and moves on to his 4th agent.......his play confirms what a horrible decision it was for him to hold out......he didn't get a new deal, perhaps paid fines, hurt his standing with the fan base, hurt his team on the field with poor play, and if he doesn't clean it up soon he's going to hurt his pocket book, cause his stock is certainly down