Jason Peters

itaos

Watch Peters on both of Marshawn's Tds. On the first he took out two guys and rolled over a third. On the second he drove 1-2 guys four yards deep into the endzone.

I fully expect him to be Pro Bowl caliber by week 7. Let's just hope his occasional crap play--which I attribute 100% to his holdout--doesn't lose us a game like it almost has 2 weeks in a row.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We're too busy pissing on him. Go away! :thumbsup:

Is giving up a blindside sack and fumble in successive games cause for concern from your LT? Or at the very least, is it worthy of comment? If Peters was still holding out and Walker posted those stats, this board would be a MESS. You know it's true.

Is giving up a blindside sack and fumble in successive games cause for concern from your LT? Or at the very least, is it worthy of comment? If Peters was still holding out and Walker posted those stats, this board would be a MESS. You know it's true.

Absolutely true. With all the crap that Walker got on this board during the offseason, no one could disagree with that statement. And up through today, Walker has clearly been our best offensive lineman. He did a very solid job on Burgess today, something that Peters can't claim.

The fact is, Peters, at least talent wise, is the best lineman on the team. The problem is, he is still getting into full game condition and shaking off the rust at what is likely the most technically difficult position in football. By week six against San Diego he will be back to form, particularly if they work him over the bye which I fully expect they will do. If that game comes around, and these problems persist, he may find himself parked on the bench and nowhere close to a contract extension.

He fumbled the ball?

I read some people saying he will be back to form by week 6 or week 7. Do we think this is acceptable from someone who wants to be the highest paid lineman on the Bills? It's going to take him almost HALF the season to play at a high level? C'mon, that is laughable! He's a professional and he better act like it as he's being paid millions of dollars per year. Are we not paying him for these games?

Being rusty is no excuse. We had a preseason and he decided to skip it. No one else on the TEAM went this route - only Peters. If he thinks he is good enough to be able to skip preseason, he better start playing like it. Did he not think skipping preseason would have any negative impact on his game? If not, how stupid, short-sighted, and arrogant. Every game he is proving the Bills FO right. He better get his act together by next week. I'm sure Ralph is pissed about this.

I read some people saying he will be back to form by week 6 or week 7. Do we think this is acceptable from someone who wants to be the highest paid lineman on the Bills? It's going to take him almost HALF the season to play at a high level? C'mon, that is laughable! He's a professional and he better act like it as he's being paid millions of dollars per year. Are we not paying him for these games?

Being rusty is no excuse. We had a preseason and he decided to skip it. No one else on the TEAM went this route - only Peters. If he thinks he is good enough to be able to skip preseason, he better start playing like it. Did he not think skipping preseason would have any negative impact on his game? If not, how stupid, short-sighted, and arrogant. Every game he is proving the Bills FO right. He better get his act together by next week. I'm sure Ralph is pissed about this.

Just another reason we are lucky to have Edwards.

Because we have Edwards, these fumbles are Peters' fault. If JP was playing, the fumbles would be his fault and we would still have to pay Peters tons of $$$$$$. Trent is saving us money every time he fails to have pocket presence and then coughs it up. Is there anything this guy can't do?

They win and lose as a team; but if Jason Peters is held to a higher standard now by the fans, it's because he set himself up to be. He should have known the scrutiny was coming.

I don't know about a "higher standard." The Bills' offensive line was flat-out dominated for most of the game, in both pass protection and, as usual, run-blocking. Peters was a big part of this problem. That level of play is clearly unacceptable.

I think the Peters part of that problem will solve itself as the season progresses. But if problems at other OL positions persist, the Bills should strongly consider using a high draft pick or two on the OL.

I think the point there was that because he was stupid and stubborn and missed the preseason, he is going to need about three or four games to get back into it. Most players do that in the preseason. Peters is having to do that now. No that is not acceptable and personally, I think whiny holdouts should ride the pine for the number of regular season games that they missed in the preseason until they get in shape. That being said. Peters had a slow start last year and he finished okay. We have a bye in Week 6 and I fully expect that by that point, Peters will have regained his usual form. If not, we just reshuffle the line to that Week 1 configuration that was so successful against the Seahawks and let Peters sit on the bench. The holdout hurt the time in the short term, but at least we are winning the games. Peters' hopes for a monster extension after this season, however, are looking bleaker with every horrid performance. If he wants that money, he'll have to play better. Something tells me both of those things are going to happen.

I'm thinking that Peter's hold out may well end up helping the team for the future. If he does indeed take till game 7 to reach his top 3 form again then there is a good chance he does not make the probowl this season. That would surely effect the size of his new contract(I have no doubts he will have his contract re-done for next year). Had he not held out & come out at all-pro form in week 1.....finishing the season as probowl starter......his new contract would have been league leading. As it looks now.....even if he picks up his game in the next few weeks he will most likely earn a good $1+ mil less per season in the future......thus leaving the team with more cap room to pay(and keep) other good players.

It's just as well we have managed to win the games(so far) where he has been below his best form.

I'm thinking that Peter's hold out may well end up helping the team for the future. If he does indeed take till game 7 to reach his top 3 form again then there is a good chance he does not make the probowl this season. That would surely effect the size of his new contract(I have no doubts he will have his contract re-done for next year). Had he not held out & come out at all-pro form in week 1.....finishing the season as probowl starter......his new contract would have been league leading. As it looks now.....even if he picks up his game in the next few weeks he will most likely earn a good $1+ mil less per season in the future......thus leaving the team with more cap room to pay(and keep) other good players.

It's just as well we have managed to win the games(so far) where he has been below his best form.

This is exactly what I'm saying and shows the greatness of Trent. Those fumbles that Peters caused are saving the team $$$$$. If JP was in there fumbling like that it would be his fault and Peters could demand even more $$$$$.

Thank goodness for Trent, but in the long run we can't have him managing our salary cap. He needs to focus on being a QB, especially when the schedule gets tougher.

Au contraire - you may actually be witnessing his 'best form'

Au contraire - you may actually be witnessing his 'best form'

I disagree, I'm definitely in the camp that didn't expect him to be in football shape unitl at least game 4 or 5, I was actully pretty shocked that he was activated for the jacksonville game. Anyone who has played football knows that no matter how much conditioning you do in the offseason, the only way to get into football shape is playing football. This is especailly true for linemen. Hitting in pads just takes more out of you than running and lifting. So, unless he had some 300 pound guys to do hitting drills with in his back yard while he was holding out, there's no way that he's in game shape right now. It defintely sucks that the team isn't as good as they should be because of the hold out, but on the other hand the fact that we've been able to get 3 wins while our best lineman plays his way into shape is very promising.

I disagree, I'm definitely in the camp that didn't expect him to be in football shape unitl at least game 4 or 5, I was actully pretty shocked that he was activated for the jacksonville game. Anyone who has played football knows that no matter how much conditioning you do in the offseason, the only way to get into football shape is playing football. This is especailly true for linemen. Hitting in pads just takes more out of you than running and lifting. So, unless he had some 300 pound guys to do hitting drills with in his back yard while he was holding out, there's no way that he's in game shape right now. It defintely sucks that the team isn't as good as they should be because of the hold out, but on the other hand the fact that we've been able to get 3 wins while our best lineman plays his way into shape is very promising.

Not according to the Peters ball-washers who insisted we'd crumble w/out the Almighty Jason, only to find SALVATION the moment he glorified us with his deific omnificence!

A-hole didn't need camp, they said. A-hole would be ready to go on day one, they said. A-hole's the best in the game, they said. Best there ever was, they said.

Have I said it yet today...???

F :flirt: kc Jason Peters.

Not according to the Peters ball-washers who insisted we'd crumble w/out the Almighty Jason, only to find SALVATION the moment he glorified us with his deific omnificence!

A-hole didn't need camp, they said. A-hole would be ready to go on day one, they said. A-hole's the best in the game, they said. Best there ever was, they said.

Have I said it yet today...???

F :flirt: kc Jason Peters.

I don't know what to tell you there, I was never a peters ballwasher, I never expected him to be in football shape after missing camp, and there's no question that his hold out hurt the team. The only thing I disagree with is that we're seeing him in his best form, I just don't think thats possible. Once again, that's his own fault for missing camp, and it sucks, but if there's a silver lining, its that if we're able to win with an out of shape peters, the future with an in shape peters looks very promising.