Jason Peters

itaos

I don't know what to tell you there, I was never a peters ballwasher, I never expected him to be in football shape after missing camp, and there's no question that his hold out hurt the team. The only thing I disagree with is that we're seeing him in his best form, I just don't think thats possible. Once again, that's his own fault for missing camp, and it sucks, but if there's a silver lining, its that if we're able to win with an out of shape peters, the future with an in shape peters looks very promising.

To your credit, berndogg, you were not a member of the PayMe Peters Pack. I expect him to get better as he gets in game shape - not 'break-the-bank-best-and-most-important-guy-on-the-team' good, but better.

BTW - OTAs and training camp are great places to hone your skills - especially if you want to 'break-the-bank'! :flirt:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't we stop throwing Jason under the bus and appreciate that we are 3-0? He is most likely embarrassed because of his play and in a sense it couldn't have worked out any better, because he is learning his lesson and we aren't losing. He made the mistake of listening to his agent and it is a mistake a lot of young players in professional sports make. Now, to say he is "washed up" is just ignorant. He got beat by two pretty quick pass rushers which leads me to believe he is still a step slow and that will go away the more he plays. During training camp a team scrimmages pretty frequently and obviously play the pre-season games. This Sunday was essentially Jason's 2nd scrimmage. I agree he screwed up, but to say he has lost his talent is just stupid. Out of all NFL positions, I would argue that offensive lineman are the most consistent players at their respective positions. They are either consistently good or consistently bad. That is why so many Offensive lineman make numerous pro bowls. Unless Peters has a significant injury, I highly doubt his play will continue to be this inconsistent.

Wouldn't be Buffalo......

Why don't we stop throwing Jason under the bus and appreciate that we are 3-0? He is most likely embarrassed because of his play and in a sense it couldn't have worked out any better, because he is learning his lesson and we aren't losing. He made the mistake of listening to his agent and it is a mistake a lot of young players in professional sports make. Now, to say he is "washed up" is just ignorant. He got beat by two pretty quick pass rushers which leads me to believe he is still a step slow and that will go away the more he plays. During training camp a team scrimmages pretty frequently and obviously play the pre-season games. This Sunday was essentially Jason's 2nd scrimmage. I agree he screwed up, but to say he has lost his talent is just stupid. Out of all NFL positions, I would argue that offensive lineman are the most consistent players at their respective positions. They are either consistently good or consistently bad. That is why so many Offensive lineman make numerous pro bowls. Unless Peters has a significant injury, I highly doubt his play will continue to be this inconsistent.

Because he threw his team and the fans under the bus for his ambitions with a contract paying him $4 million a year. Why can't you learn that selfishness gets no one anywhere. I would feel bad for him at $1 million a year and vastly underpaid, but he's an idiot, and one that almost cost us 2 games with turnovers, and constant pressure from his side.

Edwards started very slow too in this game. Evans started very slow too in this game. The entire offense started very slow in this game. Peters did look awful on 2-3 plays but he also was awesome on many more. Was Edwards and Evans rusty because they held out? I'm not saying he isn't rusty but everyone was bad for quite some time. And then everyone picked up their play. In the fourth quarter he was terrific. There were a couple plays where Peters manhandled his guy for 5-6 seconds.

2-3??????????????? He looked halfway decent on 2-3...the rest of the plays the guy was blowing him like a sprinter.

FWIW, to me he looked slow and lazy. Not in football shape and missing calls could be overlooked yet after 2 games. But he looked to me like he's dis-interested.

I hope I'm wrong.

That word popped in my head yesterday when I was watching him, too. Hopefully he's just rusty and not trying to force a trade.

I do think he hurt himself with the holdout. I do think he was rusty. I do think he never should have held out, and even if he did, he should have shown up a week earlier. I think he hurt his team and teammates. But I also watched him and he dominated at times. He got burnt and beat more than he should but everyone did.

I called him a fat fc#k. :rolleyes:

the problem is that the afc left tackles suck. no ogden no willie anderson. i expect brick fergusson to be the starter this season. with joe thomas as backup. peters will not make it and get paid $6 mil per season -- after they cut denny to free up some money.

big Willie was a RT

Hey Jason, when you don't make the Pro Bowl this year (because you sat out of camp to prove your "point"), why don't you ask that rocket scientist Eugene Parker how much that cost you. Looks like what you thought was right regarding "doing for your family" is actually going to cost you $$$$. So in order to prove that you're worth "more" you're actually making yourself worth less. HaHaHaHaHaHaHa.

You and Eugene can both sit and spin. I appreciate you being on the team, but your agent is a douchebag who gave you EXTREMELY BAD advice.

I get to see Jason Peters every Sunday night. He travels with a group of idiots who are incredibily disrespectful and he is the leader. Having the job I have has changed my opinion on professional athletes more than you will ever know. To the point though, he looks heavier than last year. When I'd see him last year, we'd all remark about how the other offensive lineman just looked like big fat guys. You couldn't really say that about Peters. Now you can. He's gotten thicker and lost alot of the tone he used to have in his upper body.

fwiw

I get to see Jason Peters every Sunday night. He travels with a group of idiots who are incredibily disrespectful and he is the leader. Having the job I have has changed my opinion on professional athletes more than you will ever know. To the point though, he looks heavier than last year. When I'd see him last year, we'd all remark about how the other offensive lineman just looked like big fat guys. You couldn't really say that about Peters. Now you can. He's gotten thicker and lost alot of the tone he used to have in his upper body.

fwiw

were do you work?

Have you seen Spencer Johnson? I met him he seemed like a nice, shy guy.

fwiw

Are you a bouncer at a strip club?

fwiw

Is there sex in the champagne room?

I believe The Real has said he worked at a nicer restaurant or something. It doesn't matter though, because someone will post there is no way a regular ole member of the general publis could have ever been in the same room as a professional athlete. :) Guys like that help remind me my life ain't too bad. :rolleyes: