Vacation

mead107

Start 2 week shut down at GE fri. No special plans for a trip this yrar . Wife is taking next week off so that means 1 over nigh someplace . I think it will be to the Finger Lakes to try some wine .

We already spent a week on Tortola in the British Virgin Islands for our 25th anniversary. I'll spend a week in Buffalo in August for a wedding and a week in D.C. in September for a company trip. Was in Buffalo in January, and Hawaii in February. Damn, I logged some miles this year.

Pittsburgh last weekend, Amherst at some point later this week, and I'll be back out at Chautauqua Friday morning. Probably back up to Buffalo for the Fourth, and that will just about do it before I go back to work.

Figuring on two or more road games this season, too.

We already spent a week on Tortola in the British Virgin Islands for our 25th anniversary. I'll spend a week in Buffalo in August for a wedding and a week in D.C. in September for a company trip. Was in Buffalo in January, and Hawaii in February. Damn, I logged some miles this year.

Just did Hawaii - should have gone back to Alaska for Round II

Trying to hit Buffalo in September - back up plan - December - "snow game"

Laughlin - September for Herman's Hermits :D

Just did Hawaii - should have gone back to Alaska for Round II

Trying to hit Buffalo in September - back up plan - December - "snow game"

Laughlin - September for Herman's Hermits :D

I hate Hawaii, at least the only two times I've been. We've stayed a big resorts with our company. Too many kids. I'll take the Caribbean over Hawaii anytime even if it is a pain to get to from the west coast.

While at the BVI-

Did you stop over at Foxy's on Jost Van Dyke?

I hate Hawaii, at least the only two times I've been. We've stayed a big resorts with our company. Too many kids. I'll take the Caribbean over Hawaii anytime even if it is a pain to get to from the west coast.

I went because the wife wanted to - close from the W Coast - I also have seen what I wanted - Pearl Harbor and Volcano National Park :D

No reason to ever go back - Honolulu = LA

While at the BVI-

Did you stop over at Foxy's on Jost Van Dyke?

Of course! Have a bottle of their rum in my liquor cabinet now. Also Corsairs and some bar on some beach (it was a long day) that has an honor bar thirty feet from the water. You make your own drink and pay what you feel is right. Poured myself the strongest $5 rum and coke ever.

How did you like Tortola ? Did you go scuba diving or fishing ?

Heading 13 hours north to fish for walleye with my dad on July 4th for a week. No phones, computers, electricity or people! Nothing but beer, cigars, fishing and relaxation. We are in the Julien cabin.

http://www.wetetnagami.com/en/index.php

Looks great. Reminds me of my grandfather's island on Lake Nippissing. Here, saving the nickels and dimes to go to Paris in Sept.

Really??? Everybody, I have talked to that has went to Hawaii said there is no other place in the world like it. I wanted to go there last year, but the wife wanted to go back to Aruba. So of course we went to Aruba.

Of course! Have a bottle of their rum in my liquor cabinet now. Also Corsairs and some bar on some beach (it was a long day) that has an honor bar thirty feet from the water. You make your own drink and pay what you feel is right. Poured myself the strongest $5 rum and coke ever.

Sounds like you went to Ivan's for the honor bar.

I love going to the Caribbean, and Jost Van Dyke is a must stop "party" stop.

One of my best memories is going to Foxy's for the year 2000 to bring in the new millenium.

Being an outdoor enthusiast, I usually stay here as my jumping off point:

Maho Bay

which is on St. John's. It is a cheap place to stay, is eco friendly, and I love just being in a casual place that meshes with the environment.

Check out the link, you actually stay in these tent cottages built into the side of hills, very close to the water.

Not really a vacation, but going back to buffalo for a week in july, and while i am home, down to NYC for the weekend. Gonna catch a yanks game, even though i despise them. I need to get to the stadium before it closes.

Sounds like you went to Ivan's for the honor bar.

I love going to the Caribbean, and Jost Van Dyke is a must stop "party" stop.

One of my best memories is going to Foxy's for the year 2000 to bring in the new millenium.

Being an outdoor enthusiast, I usually stay here as my jumping off point:

Maho Bay

which is on St. John's. It is a cheap place to stay, is eco friendly, and I love just being in a casual place that meshes with the environment.

Check out the link, you actually stay in these tent cottages built into the side of hills, very close to the water.

Yes, Ivan's was it. We usually go to St John and rent this house on Rendevous Bay. We decided to try someplace different this year and ended up at Tortola. I'm torn between which was better. Beaches in St John are better (except Tortola has a bar on every beach) but the locals are better on Tortola.

How did you like Tortola ? Did you go scuba diving or fishing ?

I don't scuba or fish, but we did plenty of snorkeling and drinking. :D

Really??? Everybody, I have talked to that has went to Hawaii said there is no other place in the world like it. I wanted to go there last year, but the wife wanted to go back to Aruba. So of course we went to Aruba.

Let me clarify what I hated. It's the big resorts our company stays at. You have to walk a mile to get a $15 glass of shiity wine. And the places are loaded with kids. I prefer to rent a house wherever I travel and have the place to ourselves to just hang by the pool and eat and drink a lot cheaper.

Bald Head Island for a week to share a house with my wife and three other couples. Through work this year I've been to San Juan, Vegas (twice), New Orleans, and Philly, so a "relaxing" trip will be nice.

For those who've not heard of it, BHI is off the coast of NC and does not allow vehicles other than golf carts. You take a ferry back and forth from the mainland. There's a golf course, two nice beach clubs, and great beaches. Awesome place to kick back and relax.

A week in an oceanfront beach condo in Carolina Beach, NC. Yeah, it's 2,000 miles roundtrip by car (over $300 in gas alone) but the condo is a deal at less than $1,000/week. Cook your own meals and it's still a cheap family getaway. And the beach is awesome. Nothing better than oceanfront.

Edit to eball: You go through Carolina Beach to get to the Bald Head ferry. Wave at us poor folk as your limo whisks you to your chateau. :thumbsup:

PTR

Did Vegas in March. Golf trip in Myrtle Beach. Had a wedding in Boca Raton this past weekend (is it a vacation if you visit a place you just moved from?). Hitting (ahem) beautiful Olean next month (playing Holiday Valley). After that I've got folks pressuring me for Bimini or the Bills-Fish game in Miami-Dade. I'd like to see my nephew play football this fall (he's a senior co-captain at a small PA school).

Is that too much? :thumbsup:

A week in an oceanfront beach condo in Carolina Beach, NC. Yeah, it's 2,000 miles roundtrip by car (over $300 in gas alone) but the condo is a deal at less than $1,000/week. Cook your own meals and it's still a cheap family getaway. And the beach is awesome. Nothing better than oceanfront.

Edit to eball: You go through Carolina Beach to get to the Bald Head ferry. Wave at us poor folk as your limo whisks you to your chateau. :wallbash:

PTR

LOL. Too funny, man. Yes, BHI is very nice -- that's why we're going in September so we can save a bundle on the rental. :thumbsup:

Looks great. Reminds me of my grandfather's island on Lake Nippissing. Here, saving the nickels and dimes to go to Paris in Sept.

Just came back from a week in Paris. First time the kiddies went to Europe. My first time in Paris as well. Beautiful city, but you better save lots of those nickels and dimes. First full day there at lunch, order an Orangeena for the kiddies. Bout have a heart attack when bill comes and each frgen 8 oz Orangeena was 5.95 euro, or about $9. Damn, kiddies grew mighty fond of tap water right quick.

Going to Hawaii in August for wifey poos incentive trip, went to Mexico for my incentive trip in March. Also have a Vegas boys trip in October.

Just came back from a week in Paris. First time the kiddies went to Europe. My first time in Paris as well. Beautiful city, but you better save lots of those nickels and dimes. First full day there at lunch, order an Orangeena for the kiddies. Bout have a heart attack when bill comes and each frgen 8 oz Orangeena was 5.95 euro, or about $9. Damn, kiddies grew mighty fond of tap water right quick.

Going to Hawaii in August for wifey poos incentive trip, went to Mexico for my incentive trip in March. Also have a Vegas boys trip in October.

What?!!! A TBD regular visiting France not telling me , asking me for tips or anything ?!! The next who do that will be doomed for eternity!!

What?!!! A TBD regular visiting France not telling me , asking me for tips or anything ?!! The next who do that will be doomed for eternity!!

Don't you know? Us americans know everything when traveling, we don't need some help from the locals, other than letting them know they should speak english, and finding out where the local McDonalds is when we get tired of their disgusting "cuisine".

Well, here is your opportunity. Wifey and I go the last week in Sept. Have an apartment rented in St Germain des Pres. Have at least 1 half day trip planned to Giverny. After that, free form. Bring me your best.

We've got two mini trips scheduled this year. July 2-6 In WNY catching up on my eating, going to the VFW picnic on GI on the 4th to catch up on my drinking, hopefully a bit of water skiing, etc.

The first week of August we're going to Virginia Beach for the week. We usually hit the OBX but we bought a house this year (yes I was the guy who bought one) so the budget was a bit reduced and VA Beach is cheaper and an hour closer.

Nothing terribly epic. My parents went to Norway though. $13 for a Big Mac, not the combo meal, just the Big Mac.

Don't you know? Us americans know everything when traveling, we don't need some help from the locals, other than letting them know they should speak english, and finding out where the local McDonalds is when we get tired of their disgusting "cuisine".

:thumbsup::wallbash:

Buffalobud i sent you a PM...