Truth, Justice, and the American Way...

stuckincincy

I parked and strolled towards a store, and noticed a spiffy vehicle with "trick" wheels and vanity plates parked in a handicap spot - with no handicap parking permit. The stars must be in favorable alignment today; a police cruiser was passing by, so I hailed it and informed the Officer.

Exiting the store, I saw the ticket on the cur's vehicle. Now - if the person has a permit, and forgot to display it, no problem...the ticket gets voided. If not...GUILTY! :lol:

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I parked and strolled towards a store, and noticed a spiffy vehicle with "trick" wheels and vanity plates parked in a handicap spot - with no handicap parking permit. The stars must be in favorable alignment today; a police cruiser was passing by, so I hailed it and informed the officer.

Exiting the store, I saw the ticket on the cur's vehicle. Now - if the person has a permit, and forgot to display it, no problem...the ticket gets voided. If not...GUILTY! :lol:

That's great. Idiots who park in handicapped spots without a handicap is a huge pet peeve of mine. The convenience store I stop at on my way to work always has someone who "will only be in there for a minute". I'm sure they think I'm an a-hole for telling them that they are in a Handicapped spot, but I feel a little better after pointing out how lazy and inconsiderate they are.

Kramer: I got news for you: handicapped people, they don't even want to park there! They wanna be

treated just like anybody else! That's why, those spaces are always empty.

George: He's right! It's the same thing with the femenists. You know, they want everything to be

equal, everything! But when the check comes, where are they?

Elaine: What does that mean?

George: Yeah! Alright, I'm pulling in.

Kramer: Yeah, go ahead.

Elaine: George!

George: Oh, come on, it's five minutes.

I parked and strolled towards a store, and noticed a spiffy vehicle with "trick" wheels and vanity plates parked in a handicap spot - with no handicap parking permit. The stars must be in favorable alignment today; a police cruiser was passing by, so I hailed it and informed the officer.

Sweet! Good for you :lol:

Good job there, Cincy - and if he doesn't have a permit, I hope the fine is at least $200 - or more!

Pure 'Skinnerian' behaviorism - in the form of a very expensive fine - is the only thing that works on those a-holes.

I parked tied the horse to the hitching post and strolled towards a store, and noticed a spiffy vehicle with "trick" wheels and vanity plates parked in a handicap spot - with no handicap parking permit. The stars must be in favorable alignment today; a police cruiser was passing by, so I hailed it and informed the officer.

Fixed for you! :lol:

thats as bad as the SOB that uses someone elses handicap parking permit.

The permit is supposed to be for the driver not the vehicle

That's what I keep telling my mother. She's 81 and can't walk long distances. When I am back visiting, I drive her around and she tells me to use it and park in the handicapped spot. I let her off at the door of the mall, etc and use a regular spot.

The permit is supposed to be for the driver not the vehicle

That's not 100% correct.

The last 5 years of my father's life were spent in a wheelchair. I was able to take him places & park with his permit on my car. They go with the person, not the vehicle-since he didn't have a vehicle.

Now during those years I found 1 thing worse than someone who parks in a handicap spot-a person who parks in the blue space next to a handicap spot. I had a real tough time getting my father's wheelchair to the passenger door when some idiot parked next to my car in the place reserved for the person in the wheelchair to get in and out of the car.

Anyone parking in handicap spots deserves whatever the police (or an angry citizen) can give them.

I parked and strolled towards a store, and noticed a spiffy vehicle with "trick" wheels and vanity plates parked in a handicap spot - with no handicap parking permit. The stars must be in favorable alignment today; a police cruiser was passing by, so I hailed it and informed the Officer.

Scofflaw? What are they gonna do, throw him in the hooskow?

Anyway, good for you. These people need to be busted. :lol:

I got into a fight at the grocery store over this the other day.

I saw some handicapped guy trying to park in one of OUR spaces!!!! I let him know what time it was...

I have a wheelchair van with a ramp that can only extend if the striped area adjacent to the disabled parking spot is clear. I routinely have to remove the shopping carts that people leave there before I can get my son out. I've also run into the guy or gal who has no permit, idling and waiting for their passenger, and refusing to relinquish the spot.

Thank you.

Exiting the store, I saw the ticket on the cur's vehicle. Now - if the person has a permit, and forgot to display it, no problem...the ticket gets voided. If not...GUILTY! :w00t:

:lol::thumbsup::worthy:

That's great. Idiots who park in handicapped spots without a handicap is a huge pet peeve of mine. The convenience store I stop at on my way to work always has someone who "will only be in there for a minute". I'm sure they think I'm an a-hole for telling them that they are in a Handicapped spot, but I feel a little better after pointing out how lazy and inconsiderate they are.

:worthy:

That's not 100% correct.

The last 5 years of my father's life were spent in a wheelchair. I was able to take him places & park with his permit on my car. They go with the person, not the vehicle-since he didn't have a vehicle.

Now during those years I found 1 thing worse than someone who parks in a handicap spot-a person who parks in the blue space next to a handicap spot. I had a real tough time getting my father's wheelchair to the passenger door when some idiot parked next to my car in the place reserved for the person in the wheelchair to get in and out of the car.

Anyone parking in handicap spots deserves whatever the police (or an angry citizen) can give them.

If their car got really scratched up while you were doing that, that'd be a shame. :D

I have a wheelchair van with a ramp that can only extend if the striped area adjacent to the disabled parking spot is clear. I routinely have to remove the shopping carts that people leave there before I can get my son out. I've also run into the guy or gal who has no permit, idling and waiting for their passenger, and refusing to relinquish the spot.

Thank you.

That's a real :P:wallbash: A-hole. My suggestion is that when that happens again pull in behind them so they can't back out and call 911 on their butts. :D Also take a picture with your digital phone of them in the handicapped spot and a closeup of the license plate number. That way if they can still manage to get out you have evidence.

I believe in Karma. If you park in a handicap spot illegally you will surely need to do so eventually.

In all the years I've been driving since they instituted handicap spots I've NEVER "needed to do so".

I have a feeling that your definition of "need to" and everyone else's is different. Can you please give us an example of a time you "needed to"? <_<

I love how fat is the new handicapped. If anything, these people should be forced to park farther away and walk.

You and mean are on the same wavelength there....

It KILLS me how people fight over spaces closest to the store they are trying to go into.......but need to lose some weight. Here is an idea....park a little further away and get some EXERCISE

I could get a parking permit closer to my office where I work....but I deliberately keep the same one I have had for the past 8 years because it is a little bit of a hike and I can stretch my legs.

I fail to see how ratting someone out is the American way.

Stuckincincy is probably on the phone to all of your bosses right now, ratting you out for surfing the Net and theft of company time.

Go away, flea. You dork now graces my Ignore/PM Block list... :P

I fail to see how ratting someone out is the American way.

Stuckincincy is probably on the phone to all of your bosses right now, ratting you out for surfing the Net and theft of company time.

Rookie douche bag. Yes "ratting" someone out is bad in "every" situation. :P

Go away, flea. You dork now graces my Ignore/PM Block list.. :wallbash:

Exiting the store, I saw the ticket on the cur's vehicle. Now - if the person has a permit, and forgot to display it, no problem...the ticket gets voided. If not...GUILTY! :wallbash:

Serves em right :P Hopefully, whatever made this person park there is only temporary and it won't happen again.

Thank you.

Sh*t like that really, really pisses me off.

That's when you leave a bag of potatoes in the back and show your son how to play "clog the tailpipe", and show him how not to hold your car key while walking past a vehicle.

Exiting the store, I saw the ticket on the cur's vehicle. Now - if the person has a permit, and forgot to display it, no problem...the ticket gets voided. If not...GUILTY! :wallbash:

:P Well done. What a jerk!

I've also run into the guy or gal who has no permit, idling and waiting for their passenger, and refusing to relinquish the spot.

That's just wrong. I might idle in a handicapped spot (though I can't recall ever doing it), but if someone with a tag needs to park there...yeah, you better believe I'll give up the spot.

I love how fat is the new handicapped. If anything, these people should be forced to park farther away and walk.

A woman in my office somehow has handicapped parking privileges for a rotator cuff injury...

:wallbash: I have a torn medial meniscus and patellar cartilage. Frequently, I have to use a cane. I have to part 200 yards away. Maybe I should tear my rotator cuff so I can park closer... :P

In all the years I've been driving since they instituted handicap spots I've NEVER "needed to do so".

I have a feeling that your definition of "need to" and everyone else's is different. Can you please give us an example of a time you "needed to"? :P

Pardon me for attempting to read dablanc's mind...damn, its skeery in there.

Anyway, I think what he means is that life will catch up to people who park in handicapped spots. Someday they will find themselves infirm with a blue sticker of their own.

i especially love it when someone is sitting there waiting for someone to leave a spot, i go down farther and park a good distance away, and i am able to walk by them as they still sit waiting for that person to still pull out, that is the karma/kismet someone else was talking about

You and mean are on the same wavelength there....

It KILLS me how people fight over spaces closest to the store they are trying to go into.......but need to lose some weight. Here is an idea....park a little further away and get some EXERCISE

I could get a parking permit closer to my office where I work....but I deliberately keep the same one I have had for the past 8 years because it is a little bit of a hike and I can stretch my legs.

Sh*t like that really, really pisses me off.

That's when you leave a bag of potatoes in the back and show your son how to play "clog the tailpipe", and show him how not to hold your car key while walking past a vehicle.

If you have a vehicle with a runaway motor, the potatoe shoved into the exhaust pipe will kill the motor. :P

what if they are driving themselves and alone?

I think it's stupid to have handicap spots to start with. Park in a regular spot like the rest of us. If you really have mobility issues then get dropped off in front of the store in the unloading zone.

i work with a lady that is confined to a wheelchair, I would not want or expect her to have to fight for the same sized space as non-handicap folks, she has the wheelchair lift and all and needs the larger size, and i really do not mind that she parks up closer than I.

Usually really mobility handicapped folks I'm refering to are not driving themselves. If your mobil enough to drive by yourself, then you can park like the rest of us.

Usually really mobility handicapped folks I'm refering to are not driving themselves. If your mobil enough to drive by yourself, then you can park like the rest of us.

First you wanted to immolate Texas.

Are the handicapped on your list for your latest Final Solution? :P

i work with a lady that is confined to a wheelchair, I would not want or expect her to have to fight for the same sized space as non-handicap folks, she has the wheelchair lift and all and needs the larger size, and i really do not mind that she parks up closer than I.

She can double space park then IMHO. The rare occasions where maybe the handicapped space makes sense doesn't justify or balance out the vast majority of time where the space just goes vacant. In California, land is expensive and parking lots are usually to small for the mall or strip mall and the city makes way to many handicapped spaces creating a case of musical chairs for the rest of us non handicapped folks.