drafting Parrish or releasing P.Williams

Heck yeah, I should go back and find all those people clamoring for us to draft him before the draft and go punch them all in the face.

633949[/snapback]

Yeah, then you could be one of the few people in the world who could say they had their ass kicked by a nurse :lol:

Heck yeah, I should go back and find all those people clamoring for us to draft him before the draft and go punch them all in the face.

633949[/snapback]

Hold off on trashing JP till we see how he does with the new system. There have been bigger busts. I also believe that Roscoe will see plenty of action this year, and he will have a dramatic impact.

Pat Williams.....that was a silly move keeping Sam over Pat. Silly.

Neither. 

The correct answer was trading a 1st, 2nd, and 5th round pick to the Cowboys and drafting JP Losman

633948[/snapback]

No. We traded a 2nd and 5th to the cowboys for JP losman. We swapped 1sts.

The biggest mistake was letting P. Williams go. Our D this past season would have been better, and could you imagine triplett next to big pat? mmmm.

Hindsight is always dumber.

633985[/snapback]

Looking at the players available from where we picked 2 and where we picked 3 and how we all kept talking about a DE that draft as well this would have been a better pick than parrish

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/draft/422573-draft info

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/422573-playing stats

633974[/snapback]

How is this different to the original statement " trading a 1st, 2nd, and 5th round pick to the Cowboys and drafting JP Losman"?

Bills got JP Losman (#22 pick, 2004)

Cowboys got 1st (2005), 2nd (2004), and 5th (2004) round picks.

633974[/snapback]

Wow. That's not right.

We traded our 1st the next year, our 2nd and our 5th with the Cowboys for their 1st.

You could say we traded a 2nd and 5th to swap 1sts, but your phrasing makes it sound like we got Losman AND their 1st. If we traded a 2nd and a 5th for Losman I don't think too many would complain about the gamble.

633949[/snapback]

I never said use a 1st, 2nd & 5th to draft him. We were suppose to trade down, get extra picks and draft him around pick 20.

Some of you guys are being unfair to Parrish. The guy looked great before he got hurt. He was out for a good portion of the season and showed some ability when he returned later in the year.

He was one of the top punt returners and kickoff returners in the entire NFL when he returned.

Let's at least give him the amount of time that some of you guys think that we should give Losman.

We will know what kind of player he will be this year. Let's not write the kid off. I think that he can be an effective player in the slot.

I actually didn't consider the Parris signing to be bad....

I am however scratching my head at resigning Josh Reed now though as I thought Parrish would take his spot.

633990[/snapback]

In the grand scheme of bad roster moves in the TD era, I hardly think drafting Parrish stands out as a bust. It's still too early to tell, but he looks ok so far - the only real crime was picking him over all our other needs.

Parrish was an unneeded position that was drafted. The fact that guys like Adam Terry and other offensive lienmen where avilable at that position makes it even worse.

I am not saying Parrish will be good or bad, I don't know, but I stuggle thinking that a guy smaller then myself can really make it in the NFL and be a good #2 WR or great slot #3 guy which you would expect a 2nd round pick to become.

I actually didn't consider the Parris signing to be bad....

I am however scratching my head at resigning Josh Reed now though as I thought Parrish would take his spot.

633990[/snapback]

Other than having a cool name, and taking Bledsoes' number, I am really trying to figure out what Parrish has done to distinguish himelf...I saw him named a few times in a thread, a few weeks back, as "Bills players I would miss..." He doesn't look any better than Fred Smith to me. Frankly, I think this was one of those smug, clever moves that TD liked to make. I think he and Mularkey had Parrish tabbed as the guy they would run all of their gadget plays with...like an Antowain Randel-el (sp?). That didn't work out so well...

Parrish may turn out to be okay, but to me, he seems like another in a long line of roster fodder we have had at WR, beyond Moulds and Evans...Reed (and maybe Andre Davis?) are the closest thing the Bills have to being a legit #3 guy, right now...

Our D this past season would have been better, and could you imagine triplett next to big pat? mmmm.

633974[/snapback]

Yeah, Triplett is a real world beater. Imagine the impact. :lol:

Williams has spent the majority of his career lined up next to guys like Ted Washington, Sam Adams and Kevin Williams. Pro Bowl players. The 2 years he lined up next to Ron Edwards, the Bills were run thru like sh*t thru a goose. Ricky Williams put up nearly 400 yards against that tandem in two games in 2002.

PW lamenters need to remember that the reason the Bills signed Sam Adams was because PW is a one gap penetrator who proved over the course of two seasons that he can't carry an interior line as a NT like Ted Washington could.

I think a lot of people are going to eat some crow because of roscoe.

I agree he might have been a luxury pick but he is one of if not THE most explosive players in the league

Look at the trend towards small quick recievers like steve smith. They are impossible to cover underneath if you can strech the field with someone like evans or davis

Some of you guys are being unfair to Parrish.  The guy looked great before he got hurt.  He was out for a good portion of the season and showed some ability when he returned later in the year.

He was one of the top punt returners and kickoff returners in the entire NFL when he returned.

Let's at least give him the amount of time that some of you guys think that we should give Losman.

We will know what kind of player he will be this year.  Let's not write the kid off.  I think that he can be an effective player in the slot.

634059[/snapback]

Hold on now! Time to develop for a wide receiver is 3 years. Not 1 and not 2. That just is. There may be some other knocks against him, true. But even the Moldy one took 3 years. I really think running backs are the only ones that should be ready to go in year 1. And maybe long snapper. And kicker.

Anybody want to do a project and find out the rest of the positions? Course my 3 could be all wrong...

I think a lot of people are going to eat some crow because of roscoe.

I agree he might have been a luxury pick but he is one of if not THE most explosive players in the league

634231[/snapback]

I may eat some crow, I will be happy to. I hope Roscoe turns out to be near as good in the NFL as he was at Miami. But where/when, since joing the Bills did you see this "explosiveness" by Roscoe Parrish? Did he have "explosive diaharria" or something? To say he is one of the most explosive players in the leauge (if not THE most!!!) is a mighty big claim...you want me to save you some crow, just in case?

I may eat some crow, I will be happy to. I hope Roscoe turns out to be near as good in the NFL as he was at Miami.  But where/when, since joing the Bills did you see this "explosiveness" by Roscoe Parrish?  Did he have "explosive diaharria" or something?  To say he is one of the most explosive players in the leauge (if not THE most!!!) is a mighty big claim...you want me to save you some crow, just in case?

634263[/snapback]

Yeah I'll go in halves with you :lol:

Hold off on trashing JP till we see how he does with the new system.  There have been bigger busts.  I also believe that Roscoe will see plenty of action this year, and he will have a dramatic impact. 

Pat Williams.....that was a silly move keeping Sam over Pat.  Silly.

633972[/snapback]

no matter how good he turns out, it was stupid to give that package for a mentally soft QB who was clearly not ready to play in teh NFL.

The problem is the "Little Boy Blue" Parrish was another luxury pick. For a team with almost no talent on either the offensive or defensive lines, luxury picks are difficult to understand. Maybe the old regime really did believe the hyperbole that all one has to do is find 5 fat slobs and line them up in a row and call it an "offensive line" or 4 "high-motor white guys that can run to the ball" and "stop the run with numbers" and proclaim it a "defensive line". :devil:

Yeah, Triplett is a real world beater.  Imagine the impact.  :devil:

Williams has spent the majority of his career lined up next to guys like Ted Washington, Sam Adams and Kevin Williams.  Pro Bowl players.  The 2 years he lined up next to Ron Edwards, the Bills were run thru like sh*t thru a goose.  Ricky Williams put up nearly 400 yards against that tandem in two games in 2002.

PW lamenters need to remember that the reason the Bills signed Sam Adams was because PW is a one gap penetrator who proved over the course of two seasons that he can't carry an interior line as a NT like Ted Washington could.

634094[/snapback]

c'mon, do think any of this is true?

adams is and has always been a penetrator inspite of his size. he refuses to stay home and soak up blockers.

williams, while he could do both, was a super nose tackle and controlled the line when asked to.