Haggan and Josh Reed Re-Signed

VABills

per vcoach

I guess we'll have some more Reed bashin to do this year!

633886[/snapback]

Was hoping your grammar was off and meant resigned :lol:

Are these receiver moves a prelude to doing something with Moulds? Evans, Moulds, Parrish, Reed, Davis, Aiken, Smith. Seems a little crowded, no?

Hallelujah! Now the "I just have a feeling Josh Reed will go somewhere else and really make us pay" posts can stop. :lol:

Truthfully, this is not a bad move at all. The kid showed signs last year of being productive.

Notice all of our players are getting short contracts, andre davis, josh reed 1 yr each, matt bowen 2 years...

633965[/snapback]

Marv's not building for the future at this point. He's trying to put together a somewhat competative team in the short term while waiting for big money contracts expire or get to the point where overpaid players can be cut without blowing a hole in the cap.

There's a roster purge quietly going on. Marv is alot more patient and doesn't have the ego that TD does. He's not gonna gut this team all at once like TD did, but slowly, methodically, you will see the team change

Here in NE country, there was a lot of talk on sports radio about picking up JR. The way they were talking, it was like he was a star. Not a heckuva lot of talk about Andre Davis except that NE gave up a 3rd rounder for him yet Buffalo signed him for a reasonable contract.

I think re-signing JR is not a bad call. Hopefully he'll get the dropsies out of his head and start producing again like his first year.

RTB

Sadly...this reed signing is one of our best signings his offseason

633895[/snapback]

Correct. I'm very glad that Reed will still be with us. I still think he can be an effective receiver with the Bills.

stuckincincy Posted Today, 05:17 PM

Good that they kept Haggan.

I'm glad that you pointed this out too. Everyone here is so concerned about Reed being re-signed, that they seem to forget that Haggan's re-signing is a good one.

Our entire back-up LB corps(Haggan, Stamer, & Crowell) is still intact.

Not only does this help out with our depth, but this is also great for our special teams, which these 3 players are a big part off.

Notice all of our players are getting short contracts, andre davis, josh reed 1 yr each, matt bowen 2 years...

633965[/snapback]

Based on rotoworld.com, Reed signed a four-year, $10 million contract, with a $2 million signing bonus.

Bills | Contract update: J. Reed

Fri, 17 Mar 2006 16:35:06 -0800

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports Buffalo Bills WR Josh Reed signed a four-year deal for $10 million, with a $2 million signing bonus to remain with the Bills.

I officially say fire Levy. Why is this idiot giving bad players good contracts? There is no way in hell this guy would get this much money from another team.

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports Buffalo Bills WR Josh Reed signed a four-year deal for $10 million, with a $2 million signing bonus to remain with the Bills.

I officially say fire Levy.  Why is this idiot giving bad players good contracts?  There is no way in hell this guy would get this much money from another team.

634113[/snapback]

Here's what you do: just pretend Josh is NEW to the Bills. It appears to work with other scrub signings. As long as they are new, they are good, under the radar signings. :lol:

That appears to be the standard contract amount for mid-level FAs this year.  The devil is in the details, however, in the way the money is spread out.

634129[/snapback]

I think you hit Lurker...the deal is probably back end loaded..something like

Salary Year 1 $1M

Salary Year 2 $1.5 M

Salary Year 3 $2.5

Salary Year 4 $3 M

Amoritized bonus is $500K per year ...so cap hit for this year is probably in the range of $1.5 M...

Also--if Fairchild brings the Rams offense--there is little difference between the playing time for #3 Receiver and #4 Receiver--McDonald and Curtis had similar numbers the couple of years if you remove the impact that Curtis starting had when Bruce was hurt last year..

I wonder however--if something is in the works with Moulds.....Denver is building to win now and those 2 late number 1's are more of a burden than a blessing....could one of those be targeted to acquire Eric....hmmmm

634164[/snapback]

This story already has a thread. In other news, I think that's the same contract Fat Mike Williams got with Jacksonville. :lol: