Moulds demands release or trade.....

sven233

per WGR.........Just said it at 6:49 PM

Not surprising. All these average receivers are out there getting crazy money. He wants his piece before it is too late.

Can't blame him, I guess........Hard to feel sorry for guys that make millions for playing a game. Oh well!

per WGR.........JUST NOW!

Not surprising.  All these average receivers are out there getting crazy money.  He wants his piece before it is too late.

Can't blame him, I guess........Hard o feel sorry for guys that make millions for playing a game.  Oh well!

627731[/snapback]

He's already getting crazy money. :mellow:

Yeah...he will make more with uffalo this year than any other team...so im not sure what he is crying about...

627742[/snapback]

It's obvious isn't it?

It's more than 48 hours after FAgency started and he's trying to get attention.

Trouble is, he should have been trying to get attention on the playing field for the last dozen Sundays last year.

Hey. I've got an idea.

I'm demanding Eric Moulds shut up or retire!

Yeah...he will make more with uffalo this year than any other team...so im not sure what he is crying about...

627742[/snapback]

Because the Bills could cut him AFTER other teams have spent their "crazy" money.

While I understand his situation, the Bills need to do what the Bills need to do. I don't think they'll purposely screw with EM...but, they'll work their plan. I don't think it will be much longer, though.

If I was Marv, I'd tell EM & his agent to go find a team willing to make a trade... let them do the work. If they can find someone & it's the right team (i.e. NFC), trade him. If they can't find an agreeable trade partner, cut his punk ass the day before his next bonus kicks in. :mellow:

Seriously, Levy and Jauron should tell Moulds that they took themselves out of the Free Agency Period because they didnt like the way Daniel Snyder was signing all of the players, and instead of being a player in FA, they were just going to go to their offices and listen to tunes on their iPods instead. So they'd really like to help him, but they can't.

Seriously, Levy and Jauron should tell Moulds that they took themselves out of the Free Agency Period because they didnt like the way Daniel Snyder was signing all of the players, and instead of being a player in FA, they were just going to go to their offices and listen to tunes on their iPods instead. So they'd really like to help him, but they can't.

627767[/snapback]

nicely done...

627767[/snapback]

Whaddaya suppose Ralph and Dick listen to on their iPods?

If I was Marv, I'd tell EM & his agent to go find a team willing to make a trade... let them do the work. If they can find someone & it's the right team (i.e. NFC), trade him. If they can't find an agreeable trade partner, cut his punk ass the day before his next bonus kicks in. :mellow:

627763[/snapback]

Exactly right !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think it's all about the money with Eric. I believe he wants to go to a winning team with a decent QB other than Jp Losman.

627758[/snapback]

LOL. If you don't think Moulds is all about the money, then go to Seductions on Sunday night and watch him make everyone in the joint make sure they all know he makes huge money playing for the Bills.

That being said, EM sure does hate playing with JP, and I'm sure that factors into it as well. But it is a far #2 IMO.

EM is all about

Money and Strippers

and not playing with JP

He doesn't try to even remotely hide this when in public.

I don't think it's all about the money with Eric. I believe he wants to go to a winning team with a decent QB other than Jp Losman.

627758[/snapback]

Eric Moulds is not going to get the kind of money the Bills are scheduled to give him, from another team. He knows that. If he is going to take a big paycut, however, he wouldn't do it for a team that is rebuilding again, but rather go somewhere to win. I can't say that I completely blame him. I wouldn't mind seeing him back, but, if he doesn't want to come back, wish him luck, and let him go...

if anybody does try to take him in a trade they will want to redo the contract for much less to bring him on... no one will want to pay what he is to make this season

627832[/snapback]

I think that's pretty clear. He'd have to restructure for another team. The Bills want him not only to restructure, but to take a pay cut as well.

After reading that, its pretty clear that he will not return.

The Bills signing of Andre Davis also makes perfect sense now. He is not a direct replacement for either Moulds or Reed, but was signed this weekend as an insurance policy in case they could not reach an agreement with Moulds on a contract.

627763[/snapback]

I heard last weekend on Fox Sport Radio, Chris Landrey mentioned that the Broncos, who were hot to sign Terrell Owens at one point, are holding off, to see what happens with Moulds...the Broncos do have two first round picks this year...a package deal maybe? Say, one of our thirds, and Moulds, for the lower of their 1st rounders. Broncos might not go for it, but you never know...

Well...I agree it has to do with the QB but I think it is more that Evans is Losmans' boy more then Moulds.....

627808[/snapback]

And whose fault is that? When JP was named the starter, he invited Evans and Moulds to work out with him to get their timing down and generally acclimate to each other. Moulds chose to take out his anger at TD cutting Drew, by not showing up. JP was on the same page as Evans; Moulds wasn't thrown to as much last year b/c he wasn't. Hard to empathize with someone who created his problem in the first place. And then there's the whole Miami game spectacle.

The fact he's still on the team sends the players the wrong message that they can defy the coaches; Rueben pulled the same thing and he got his.

Levy's hand was kind of forced, as you want to try to get something in exchange. And yet, he couldn't shop Moulds around in the situation last week b/c other teams figure all they need to do is wait to get him for free. Moulds and his agent now are moving things along on their natural progression by announcing that he is, de facto, on the market. I think we get something for him, but maybe not as much as one would like.

Edited by UConn James

Levy's hand was kind of forced, as you want to try to get something in exchange. And yet, he can't be shopping Moulds around in the current situation b/c other teams figure all they need to do is wait to get him for free. Moulds and his agent now are moving things along on their natural progression by announcing that he is, de facto, on the market. I think we get something for him; maybe a 2nd or 3rd.

627853[/snapback]

I sadly dont see us getting anything for Moulds, just because of his outrageous contract. We'll just cut our losses and walk away...it sucks, but thats the reality of the situation.

And whose fault is that? When JP was named the starter, he invited Evans and Moulds to work out with him to get their timing down and generally acclimate to each other. Moulds chose to take out his anger at TD cutting Drew, by not showing up. JP was on the same page as Evans; Moulds wasn't thrown to as much last year b/c he wasn't. Hard to empathize with someone who created his problem in the first place. And then there's the whole Miami game spectacle.

The fact he's still on the team sends the players the wrong message that they can defy the coaches; Rueben pulled the same thing and he got his.

Levy's hand was kind of forced, as you want to try to get something in exchange. And yet, he can't be shopping Moulds around in the current situation b/c other teams figure all they need to do is wait to get him for free. Moulds and his agent now are moving things along on their natural progression by announcing that he is, de facto, on the market. I think we get something for him; maybe a 2nd or 3rd.

627853[/snapback]

i agree with everything exept for the harsh middle paragraph.

But, Evans worked with JP and JP got him the ball. There is some real chemistry between those two.

And I'm not sure why everyone is blasting Moulds because his agent is dong his job...working to get his player the best deal he can. I agree with you this is designed to get something going. If it works, it HELPS the Bills.

I heard last weekend on Fox Sport Radio, Chris Landrey mentioned that the Broncos, who were hot to sign Terrell Owens at one point, are holding off, to see what happens with Moulds...the Broncos do have two first round picks this year...a package deal maybe?  Say, one of our thirds, and Moulds, for the lower of their 1st rounders.  Broncos might not go for it, but you never know...

627849[/snapback]

I'd rather see him in the NFC, but that kind of a deal would be very, very hard to refuse.

If I were Marv, I'd make an example out of Moulds and make him pay. Keep him until June 1st and then cut him. The Bills would still save the same money in cap space if they cut him now or waited until 6/1. Also let it be known that EM is available in a trade for a 1st round pick only. Maybe someone will bite. $7.1 million/$10+ million cap hit for Moulds is almost as obscene as the contracts Washington has handed out the last couple of days

I heard last weekend on Fox Sport Radio, Chris Landrey mentioned that the Broncos, who were hot to sign Terrell Owens at one point, are holding off, to see what happens with Moulds...the Broncos do have two first round picks this year...a package deal maybe? Say, one of our thirds, and Moulds, for the lower of their 1st rounders. Broncos might not go for it, but you never know...

The Broncos may be waiting to see what's going to happen, but Eric's under contract. Trade Moulds for a conditional pick in next year's draft, or Moulds and our higher 3rd-Rounder for their lower first rounder. A great place to take Jean-Gilles OG or Darryl Tapp DE.

The Broncos may be waiting to see what's going to happen, but Eric's under contract. Trade Moulds for a conditional pick in next year's draft, or Moulds and our higher 3rd-Rounder for their lower first rounder. A great place to take Jean-Gilles OG or Darryl Tapp DE.

627878[/snapback]

Not a bad thought at all making EM trade bait for a conditional pick. A team like Denver who is on the cusp of a Super Bowl appearance just might bite at that one.

I like that. A first rounder is a first rounder no matter the year.

i agree with everything exept for the harsh middle paragraph.

But, Evans worked with JP and JP got him the ball.  There is some real chemistry between those two. 

And I'm not sure why everyone is blasting Moulds because his agent is dong his job...working to get his player the best deal he can.  I agree with you this is designed to get something going.  If it works, it HELPS the Bills.

627860[/snapback]

I don't know, if I'm on a job and call my boss an idiot who doesn't know his bippy from a hole in the ground, then get in my car and drive off.... You wouldn't expect to get fired? Moulds got a slap on the wrist. What does this say wrt anyone else doing the same thing?

JP and Evans' syncranization last year was testament to what could have been had Moulds not been staring at his colon from the inside? Like I said, it was a problem of his own making.

What's happening now is what needed to happen. It's how the NFL (and sports) is now that a player needs to "demand a trade" then the GM says that "X is under contract, and we'll blah blah blah" to get some hype going so both sides can get done what needs to get done. And I think it'll end up being win-win.

"He'd be grossly underpaid and grossly underappreciated."

UNDERPAID!?  He's being paid 7.1 million dollars this season!

627841[/snapback]

I don't think the Bills want anything to do with that Cap Figure though...

They want Eric to take a cut period from the looks of it...Otherwise why all the drama, especially after the Cap increase...I think the Bills are trying REAL hard to get Eric to "take one for the Team," and Moulds wants no part of that because of #7. I think Eric would rather stay in Buffalo. But not for anything less than that $7.1. Moulds and his Agent have to know the chances of Eric making back what he gives up over the next 2 Years are slim and none at his age. The Bills HAVE to be low-balling a bit on this Years hit though. Otherwise, I think Moulds would be much more willing to sit tight for a bit...

I'd love to see EM stay, I'm a HUGE Fan...But at this point does anyone think the Bills get a happy Eric Moulds if he does return? Past this point if the Bills want EM back they should simply say "#80 is under Contract, and that will not change for 2006..." End of subject...Otherwise release him and move on... :mellow: