Sabres on OLN at 7PM

jayg

What the hell!? I just put on OLN and I'm getting some countdown show about worst jobs. It even says on the guide that it should be Penguins @ Sabres....dammit!  :rolleyes:

472377[/snapback]

I don't think you have OLN Netowrk on. I'm watching it.

PTR

Thanks for the heads up!  Should be some great TV tonight- Sabres- Yanks game 5- San Diego-Pitt

472400[/snapback]

No doubt, I have 3 TV's in the living room for football season. Will have each of my favourite sports and 2 of 3 of my favourite teams on at the same time. If the Bills were playing I'd be in sensory overload.

I definitely have OLN on right now and no Sabres  :rolleyes: ....Must be cause I'm out near Cincy or somthing

472405[/snapback]

Who is your cable company?

Comcast (who owns OLN) has said that they'd black out hockey for any cable company that does not put OLN on their basic cable package. Here in CT, OLN is on the "premium" sports package, which is an extra $4.95 a month. Rumor has it that there is no hockey on OLN on Cablevision because of this....I'm currently listening to the internet stream of Rick & Jim.

Looks like 10,000 in the stands.  Why are the Sabres not drawing fans?

PTR

472399[/snapback]

Even in the years before the lockout, i noticed the Sabres get the crappiest crowds up until about Thanksgiving then it picks up. Not sure why that is? They seem like a very entertaining team this year,,,,hopefully the fans will start showing up sooner.

We have Time Warner cable. Its just strange because I have OLN on, it says on the guide that its NHL hockey Penguins @ Sabres, but they have some stupid sailing show on. Oh well guess I'll just have to watch MNF in a bit.

472429[/snapback]

I've got the same thing on in Syracuse; no Sabres.

No doubt, I have 3 TV's in the living room for football season. Will have each of my favourite sports  and 2 of 3 of my favourite teams on at the same time. If the Bills were playing I'd be in sensory overload.

472421[/snapback]

I was thinking the same exact thing. Can you imagine if the Bills were on this Monday night?

Woo hoo! Finally they put on the Sabres game right at the beginning of the 3rd.  :rolleyes:

472472[/snapback]

I have shtity Time Warner...I have OLN, no Sabres, even though the guide says it is so....sucks too, they have a free preview of Ceter Ice this week, but they don't broadcast the OLN games...I hate Time Warner!

Who is your cable company?

Comcast (who owns OLN) has said that they'd black out hockey for any cable company that does not put OLN on their basic cable package.  Here in CT, OLN is on the "premium" sports package, which is an extra $4.95 a month.  Rumor has it that there is no hockey on OLN on Cablevision because of this....I'm currently listening to the internet stream of Rick & Jim.

472428[/snapback]

My cable system has OLN & Comcast Sports Network on basic cable, channels 34 & 35 respectively, yet it's not on here either. :rolleyes:

I actually called OLN. I posted what they said over at SabresReport.com: http://www.sabresreport.com/forums/index.p...findpost&p=2767

I have shtity Time Warner...I have OLN, no Sabres, even though the guide says it is so....sucks too, they have a free preview of Ceter Ice this week, but they don't broadcast the OLN games...I hate Time Warner!

472492[/snapback]

I won't defend TW, but over the past 7/8 years I've had Center Ice (all DTV, this is my first with digital cable), they never carry a national broadcast game.

Whooooo hoooooooooooo! Hecht with the winner with 20 seconds left in OT!

Man the OLN announcers are crying in their beers after genuflecting before Mario, Sid, Fleury et. al. all game. A big :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: to those announcers and I'm glad we don't have to listen to them but four times this year.

Pens 0-4. Life is good. :rolleyes:

This was the first I have gotten to see of the Sabres this year, and even though I only got to see the 3rd and OT it was great. Lots of back and forth action and the Sabres seem to really have some guys who can score and make plays offensively (Sabres have some offense? who woulda thought). Miller looked very good from what I saw too. Probably won't get to see many other games unless I am at home but it was a nice treat to catch the tail end tonight. Go Sabres & go Bills!!!!!

First game I've seen this year, they're looking pretty good.  Wonder if Center Ice is worth it.

Hrrm...

472527[/snapback]

If you like hockey, it's a must. It's only $130, so it's not too terribly expensive, especially considering that you get virtually every game.

I'm watching the Sens/Leafs now (5-5 late in the 3rd), and after this is over, I'll check the MNF game and then watch the Avs/Flames (or maybe Ducks/Oilers).

OLN sucks, but Center Ice is awesome.

It was a great game. The new rules were just what hockey needed. There is much more flow and fewer stoppages. Moreover, the new rules are great for the skill players.

It would have been interesting to see these rules with the French Connection in their day -- or even when LaFontaine and Mogilny were playing with the Sabres. I also think that they would have benefitted the Sabres during the No Goal series (which should have gone to game 7 anyway).

If you have not watched the Sabres yet, you should check them out. This team is built for speed and they are using it. Except for the Sens game, they have looked very good.

I am probably in the minority regarding Miller, but I think that he has let in at least one pretty soft goal in each game. He needs to tighten things up and not give up as many rebounds. Having said that, he has shown that he can be an NHL goaltender. It will be interesting to see how long they ride him and how Marty plays once they put him between the pipes.

Anyway, check out the Sabres if you have not already. Also, as someone else posted, you should get the Center Ice package. It is a must for hockey fans -- especially Sabres fans who do not live in Buffalo anymore. In the grand scheme of things, it is not that expensive considering you would pay about as much to attend one game including two tickets, parking, concessions etc.

No doubt, I have 3 TV's in the living room for football season. Will have each of my favourite sports  and 2 of 3 of my favourite teams on at the same time. If the Bills were playing I'd be in sensory overload.

472421[/snapback]

Man A-Rod stinks. Jeter is still clutch. Go Bills, beat the Jets!

I got to watch it down here.  Crosby and Lemieux's butts must be chaffed after all the arse kissing the announcers did.

472764[/snapback]

Tell you what, it was fun to watch the Bills and Sabres both win the last couple of days while listening to announcers who clearly wanted the other team to win -- Randy Cross because he hates the Bills and the OLN crew because of Crosby.

Pens have Crosby, Mario, LeClair, Recchi, Palffy... and no damn D at all. Gonchar is their best blueliner and he's basically a fourth forward. Unless Fleury stands on his head for the rest of the season like he did tonight, that team isn't making the playoffs... and that will kill the folks at OLN.

If you like hockey, it's a must.  It's only $130, so it's not too terribly expensive, especially considering that you get virtually every game. 

I'm watching the Sens/Leafs now (5-5 late in the 3rd), and after this is over, I'll check the MNF game and then watch the Avs/Flames (or maybe Ducks/Oilers).

OLN sucks, but Center Ice is awesome.

472537[/snapback]

I agree - this is my first year with the Center Ice package, and it is amazing.

There were 11 different games to choose from.

Anyone else think that the new rules - combined with HD televisions - are gonna save the sport?

The butt munches at OLN stated that there was a lack of hitting in the game and that many fans will 'miss it'. To be quite honest I didnt notice the 'lack' of hitting until they mentioned it. The skating/passing were intense and I found myself enjoying the flow of the game, uninterrupted by Dempsey/Tunney.

The butt munches at OLN stated that there was a lack of hitting in the game and that many fans will 'miss it'.  To be quite honest I didnt notice the 'lack' of hitting until they mentioned it.  The skating/passing were intense and I found myself enjoying the flow of the game, uninterrupted by Dempsey/Tunney.

FWIW, I had the game on while I was helping my 6 year old with her homework. My wife was in the living room and I told her to switch channels if she wanted to. She said "Are you kidding, this is great!" This happened to be in the second period when the Sabres were putting extreme pressure on Pitt, clanking shots off the pipes left and right. My wife is not a hockey fan, and the fact that she was into the game bodes well.

The butt munches at OLN stated that there was a lack of hitting in the game and that many fans will 'miss it'.  To be quite honest I didnt notice the 'lack' of hitting until they mentioned it.  The skating/passing were intense and I found myself enjoying the flow of the game, uninterrupted by Dempsey/Tunney.

472804[/snapback]

What game were they watching? There was plenty of hitting, I thought. At least there was enough to satisfy most fans. What there WASN'T was clutching, grabbing and hooking. At least now when a guy goes down it's because someone put a body on him, not because someone hooked him or hauled him down by his jersey.

Speedy skaters, hard workers, and fundamentally skilled players will thrive in this new game. Slow-footed skaters, lazy players, and bad puckhandlers are getting exposed all over the league, and I love it.

Looks like 10,000 in the stands.  Why are the Sabres not drawing fans?

PTR

472399[/snapback]

This is a product of their tiered pricing system where the game last night was classified as a "gold" game with the cheapest ticket being $40. I can see where they can call the Toronto games "gold" games(they will all sell out no matter what the price), but Pittsburgh on a Monday night in the middle of football season was obviously a mistake on the Sabres part.

PS I saw the game on OLN and even though he was a ways to go in terms of playing in his own end, Vanek is going to be something special. He could have easily had 3 goals last night, if it wasn't for Fleury. Sometimes it seems like the puck just follows him around.

I agree - this is my first year with the Center Ice package, and it is amazing.

There were 11 different games to choose from.

472797[/snapback]

I learned through the stoppage of last season that regular TV blows. Every night is Hockey Night at stately Campy Manor, and it's awesome - I only hope your wife is as understanding as mine! :pirate:

This is a product of their tiered pricing system where the game last night was classified as a "gold" game with the cheapest ticket being $40.  I can see where they can call the Toronto games "gold" games(they will all sell out no matter what the price), but Pittsburgh on a Monday night in the middle of football season was obviously a mistake on the Sabres part. 

472975[/snapback]

I think that is a major part of it. I also think this is a byproduct of the last few years, where Sabres tickets in October have been a hard sell. In the past, the intensity has not been there on the ice in a lot of rinks in October and people don't want to waste their money on "meaningless" games that the players don't seem to be interested in either.

I think the last part of the cause of the small crowd is that people haven't had a chance to see how much the game is improved now that obstruction type penalties are actually being called. Once people start watching the games I expect that the fever will come back. Let's face it. Pens-Buffalo in October of '03 would not have been nearly as fast paced nor as exciting.

Anyone else think that the new rules - combined with HD televisions - are gonna save the sport?

472804[/snapback]

I think you are absolutely right. Ever since I heard about HDTV being in development I've thought it was custom made for hockey. Now hopefully in a year or two I'll be able to afford an HDTV set.

I think that is a major part of it.  I also think this is a byproduct of the last few years, where Sabres tickets in October have been a hard sell.  In the past, the intensity has not been there on the ice in a lot of rinks in October and people don't want to waste their money on "meaningless" games that the players don't seem to be interested in either.

I think the last part of the cause of the small crowd is that people haven't had a chance to see how much the game is improved now that obstruction type penalties are actually being called.  Once people start watching the games I expect that the fever will come back.  Let's face it.  Pens-Buffalo in October of '03 would not have been nearly as fast paced nor as exciting.

473321[/snapback]

That wasn't a very smart move, especially considering it was a Monday game.