Mortensen confirming

Thailog80

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I pray his injury is not serious. If it is, then I hope he can come back and play at the level he's played at the past couple years. Its been fun watching the intensity he brings on every play. Godspeed, TKO

454084[/snapback]

Ditto.

The most frustrating aspect is that, if I recall correctly, isn't this Spikes's first time he'll be forced to miss a game due to injury?

Just when we need our defensive MVP the most.

454099[/snapback]

As far as I know the only game he's ever missed in his nfl career was when his father passed away.

I heard he uses hand controls for throttle, braking, and clutch.

454103[/snapback]

Did somebody call me?

We're doomed. We'll be lucky to go 6-10 without Spikes. No offense plus weakened defense equals low draft pick.

If it was a ruptured Achilies, he would have been carted off. Remember Marino? You can't put any weight at all on it.

454498[/snapback]

He was carted off for the half. But there was less than a minute left so it wasn't clear whether they dd that because he couldn't walk or because there was less than a minute left and why bother making him walk. You're right though, if it was real bad rupture he wouldn't have walked off the field. It didn't look good when he was near the sideline however.

Can't Peters play OLB?

454467[/snapback]

Actually, I think he will be playing both MLB and OLB- thats when he's not playing both CB slots, FB, and blocking kicks. He'll also be selling beer and hot dogs.....he's even more versatile than we thought!! :P

How many football players have recovered from a ruptured achilles fully?

454528[/snapback]

Julian Peterson ruptured his last season, he also plays OLB. While I know he is back starting this year I haven't seen enough of him this year to know if he is back to 100%.

You know what?  That's why you have drafts every year.  Other teams lose great players and find a way to win (NE, Philly, Carolina).  Let's stop the bitching and moaning and focus on beating the 'Aints.

BTW, Crowell had a good day filling in...

454098[/snapback]

Ummm... Well...Granted Crowell made a couple plays...But no Draft Pick or Player on this Roster, at this time, is going to come close to having a Takeo Spikes-type impact...TKO is SO by far the Bills best player...it's not even close... And without him, this Team is done on Defense...done...

Now I'm not saying they will be the worst D in the League...But they will not be Top 10 either...And with this Young QB...Well...better keep those Rose Colored Glasses handy...You're gonna need em...

And mentioning Teams like NE and Philly Depth-wise, and comparing them to this Bills Team, is like pouring acid on an open wound right now...Yes, Philly and NE find ways to win...And the Bills have been finding ways to lose for how many years now?...

Ouch... :P

Hopefully TKO's injury is not as serious as it looks. Wasnt an achilles tear the same injury that Sam Cowart had when he was here? Sam was an animal before the injury and hasnt been the same player since. Hopefully the same doesnt happen to Spikes. Its a horrible injury, lets cross our fingers!