What is your BEST Bills related memory that doesn't involve a game's result?

We had a fundraiser to donate funds to raise money to defeat cancer. Called celebrity bar tender. Local Buffalo TV broadcasters, DJ's Bills players Sabres etc... 

There was like a $10 cover charge at the door to get in. Mark Kelso walks up, one of our celebrity bar tenders and the girl we had collecting the cover charge asks him for $10 bucks. 

I said no, he's one of our celebrities. He laughed, Gave her the $10 and said, don't worry about it. Class act! 🙂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The moment Rex's firing became public.

Don't take this the wrong way: This is kinda sad for you.

You really need to make a trip to WNY, check out the scenery, and culture, go for a sunset sail on Lake Ontario, eat some proper chicken wings (with blue cheese dressing), maybe check out the Falls (I recommend a guided tour-- not that interesting, what with you coming from England, and all-- but better with, than without...), experience the awesomeness that is a Bills tailgate, and watch a home game live. (I have to assume you haven't been, or it would have obviously surpassed your Wrecks Ryan thing). I guarantee you, it will be worth it.

Who else had some bills come play basketball at their highschool. Lol im sure others in here had that.  Got to hang a bit w them after signing autographs.  Kelly, Tasker, cant remember who else off the top of my head. Reed maybe... Anyone else?

• Like (+1) 1

Many times in North Tonawanda, playing teachers and faculty. Great memories!

1 hour ago, Lagoon Blues said:

Who else had some bills come play basketball at their highschool. Lol im sure others in here had that.  Got to hang a bit w them after signing autographs.  Kelly, Tasker, cant remember who else off the top of my head. Reed maybe... Anyone else?

• Like (+1) 1

Nathan Peterman. If a team can't really win at least make it entertaining. I know Tyrod believers still exisited and they didn't want to listen but it was funny, so it was fun. Tyrod put me to sleep. Peterman made me laugh. 

People act like it was some huge mistake to play Peterman. I still think it was worth a shot at the time. 

Going all in on Aaron Rogers and having him flatline 4 plays in is a huge mistake. Russel Wilson and Deshaun Watson are huge mistakes.

I hope it makes sense. 

4 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

Don't take this the wrong way: This is kinda sad for you.

You really need to make a trip to WNY, check out the scenery, and culture, go for a sunset sail on Lake Ontario, eat some proper chicken wings (with blue cheese dressing), maybe check out the Falls (I recommend a guided tour-- not that interesting, what with you coming from England, and all-- but better with, than without...), experience the awesomeness that is a Bills tailgate, and watch a home game live. (I have to assume you haven't been, or it would have obviously surpassed your Wrecks Ryan thing). I guarantee you, it will be worth it.

I haven't been, no. I will make it at some point. But man I hated Rex. I hated him befofe we hired him and he was even worse in reality than in theory. He sucked all the joy out of being a Bills fan for me. I was ecstatic when he got fired. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I haven't been, no. I will make it at some point. But man I hated Rex. I hated him befofe we hired him and he was even worse in reality than in theory. He sucked all the joy out of being a Bills fan for me. I was ecstatic when he got fired. 

I felt the same way. Utterly classless individual.

• Agree 1

Reading this thread, it’s amazing how entrenched the 1960’s era Bills were in this community.   They got the franchise off to a great start and many made an impact here, some stayed in Buffalo a long time.  

There has to be a few funny Paul McGuire stories out there somewhere?   

• BuffaloBill changed the title to What is your BEST Bills related memory that doesn't involve a game's result?
  • BuffaloBill unpinned this topic

Here's a story for you.....

First time ever being at the stadium with my wife (back then she was only my girlfriend), however, i had game opener tickets for the Bills against Miami. The game was on the Sunday 1pm, but we showed up in town on the Saturday morning (we're from out of town and decided to make a weekend of it). I drove to Orchard Park on the Saturday morning and we just kind of hung out having a look around at the outside of the stadium, however, there was a gate open (the media were setting up and people were in and out of this gate). My wife and i walked through this open gate (this was long before 9/11) and proceeded to wander around inside the stadium, just checking things out.

I walked onto the 50 yard line and was just taking in the whole scene, when a little old security guard started to shuffle over to us from the end zone. It took him forever to walk out to us and he says, "oh, so you must be the guy who's singing the national anthem tomorrow?.....or are you with the media?".......and i answered that we were from out of town and that we had tickets for the game the next day and we were just checking the place out.

He says to us, "Well, have a look around for another 10 minutes and then make your way out the gate"......and he also says, "if i'm looking this way, i have no idea what's going on in the opposite direction, so if your 10 minutes is an hour, how would i ever know".......then he shuffles away towards the end zone from which he came in the first place.

My wife and i were stunned, however, we wandered around for most of the day, staying away from the direction that the security guard wandered away to. No one stopped us or questioned anything.

We saw everything in that stadium that day.

That was one of the fondest memories i have ever had with the Bills......and it was at the very first Bills game i had ever been to.......and then 9/11 ****ed everything up.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

I am always amazed with the Bills Mafia that no matter how negative they are about coaching, or management, how they always are so supportive of those in need and are willing to donate to those less fortunate it shows that their hearts are in the right place no matter if it's a Bills fan or any one else out side the immediate Bills Mafia family !! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1