Tyler Boyd 1-year 4.5M with the Titans

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Better go out and fire up your Madden franchise if you wanna see that.

I expect the Titans to be pretty bad this year and with a new coaching staff they aren't tied down to any player on the roster. So genuinely I think Hopkins will be one of the big names moved at the deadline. It's the last year of his contract and they need draft capital more than they need 8 extra games out of him in a transition year.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I expect the Titans to be pretty bad this year and with a new coaching staff they aren't tied down to any player on the roster. So genuinely I think Hopkins will be one of the big names moved at the deadline. It's the last year of his contract and they need draft capital more than they need 8 extra games out of him in a transition year.

If my memory serves, the Bills are fairly flush with draft capital. 

Only thing is I am uncertain whether the Titans want to make Levis’ surrounding cast worse while trying to see what they have with him.

Here’s hoping they are nearly eliminated from the playoffs by the trade deadline!

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

why wouldn’t they just pull that band aid off now and trade him before the season?   I realize it is possible to make a better deal at that time with a more desperate team as opposed to the summer but that is a big if.   I would rather move on and get a guy on the team that can develop with the young QB. 

He's a solid 3rd WR. Still productive. Will forever be beloved by Bills fans for being one half of the tandem that ended the drought. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5

15 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

DeAndre Hopkins at the trade deadline 🤞

I want him before then, get DHop after June 1st.

Hoping it's all preplanned.  Tenn just got rid of some salary if they move DHop for Boyd.  And we could throw Tenn a 4th, extend DHop's a year to make it 2 years

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I want him before then, get DHop after June 1st.

Hoping it's all preplanned.  Tenn just got rid of some salary if they move DHop for Boyd.  And we could throw Tenn a 4th, extend DHop's a year to make it 2 years

I wish. The cap hit would be almost $9M I think. We don't really have the $$$ to absorb that hit. We still have to sign our rookies and will need some for possible in-season moves. 

Just now, H2o said:

I wish. The cap hit would be almost $9M I think. We don't really have the $$$ to absorb that hit. We still have to sign our rookies and will need some for possible in-season moves. 

We get $10M from the Tre move.  And with a Josh restructure could get the rest. 

Plus by trading for him you can do some cap games if you extend him a year.  Seems very doable in my mind.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

why wouldn’t they just pull that band aid off now and trade him before the season?   I realize it is possible to make a better deal at that time with a more desperate team as opposed to the summer but that is a big if.   I would rather move on and get a guy on the team that can develop with the young QB. 

Because every team is in their honeymoon phase right now thinking they have a chance to win it all. But if their season starts the way I expect it to, I think by the trade deadline the new regime will recognize that they need to go all out to get a QB next year and they'll start collecting assets to make that a reality.

59 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

f my memory serves, the Bills are fairly flush with draft capital. 

No team whose first pick is in the late 20's is flush with draft capital. 

• Disagree 5