Pick Your Poison: What's Left at Outside WR in Free Agency

Of the WR's left in Free Agency, which would you sign - if any?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. The Best of What's Left

• Michael Thomas
    • Marquez Valdes-Scantling
    • Mecole Hardman
    • None of the Above
  2. 2. Will/should someone be signed?

• I'd take one and I think Beane will sign one
    • I'd take one but I think Beane is done with the WR Room
    • If this is what's left, i'm good with what we have

28 minutes ago, mrags said:

You seem to have an obsession over my mental state. This isn’t the first time you’ve made comments like this. You should Be concerned for yourself with how much your obsessing over me. 

have a nice day Freud. 

Just tired of having to see unhinged post after unhinged post constantly mocking a rookie that seems like a hard working and intelligent kid 

Do better

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BeastMaster said:

Just tired of having to see unhinged post after unhinged post constantly mocking a rookie that seems like a hard working and intelligent kid 

Do better

Keon Coleman should have done better in the 40 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

I'd do a small fast guy at this point, a guy who can play inside and outside and bring some great deep speed as a WR4 here. I suppose that role is carved out for Mack Hollins or Claypool/Isabela/Hamler right now. You have two big guys and two small guys.   

Mecole Hardman - 5-10, 187, 4.33 forty. He's dynamic and can be used as a gadget player though he can make plays down the field. Better than Hamler and Isabella competing for that same role. He also gives you a dynamic return option. I am not sure he would be happy down the depth chart the same way he was with the NY Jets, but I think he could carve out a strong role.   

Scotty Miller - 5-9, 174, 4.28 forty. He is not a gadget player. He is a deep-threat type of player. He was at his best playing with Tom Brady and working the intermediate to deep areas of the field. Was Quintin Morris' teammate at Bowling Green. 

Jamal Agnew - 5-10, 186, 4.34 forty. Really a dynamic return guy more than anything. He was drafted as a corner and wound up making the transition to full time wide receiver. Not going to move the needle a crazy amount, but perfect for that 4 role. 

Anyway, that may be uninspiring to some, but I just don't see them making a huge move for a huge salary. It doesn't seem to make sense. If you really do like Hollins/Claypool/Hamler/Isabella and Shorter/Shavers it doesn't make a ton of sense to add any of these lower-level guys.

Spitballing here, I could see a trade for a young guy getting pushed out like Terrance Marshall Jr. Does Indy make Alec Pierce available? A guy who hasn't been a great fit in that offense and has now been replaced with AD Mitchell. Pierce fits what the Bills have been trying to add, bigger, faster, stronger. I could see the Patriots moving Tyquan Thornton who is blocked after FA and the draft. Perhaps Chicago moves Velus Jones. Maybe Washington's Dyami Brown. Maybe Houston's John Metchie. Maybe a Danny Gray from SF. I think a trade for a young guy who hasn't really got a shot and got lost in coaching changes like Marshall and Pierce are more likely than a trade for a big expensive vet. 

I would love Aiyuk. I do not see it happening. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

It's ridiculous to rule out a trade.  Lets not buy into Beane's smokescreens.  Look at the situation, a pathetic WR room, plenty of draft capital and money being available after June 1st.  The Bills didn't pick up 2 rookie WRs in the draft, and didn't take any of the better FA WRs-did you ever wonder why?.  It was always the plan to trade for one.

Trade options are a far better discussion.

D Metcalf is rumored available - part of trading draft capital will be for getting Metcalf's relatively cheap salary , $16M. 

DHop would seem another option, $13M and could extend him another year and play all kinds of cap games.  Shouldn't take as much draft capital to get him because Tenn picked him up on the open market.

B Aiyuk/D Samuel would probably be at the upper end- but solid possibilities.

DJ Moore/K Allen - Chicago has too many WRs that would hamper the opportunity of a top 10 pick (Rome).

This is the quality of WRs we should be discussing.  Any one of those additions totally reshapes the Bills WR room.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Einstein's Dog said:

It's ridiculous to rule out a trade.  Lets not buy into Beane's smokescreens.  Look at the situation, a pathetic WR room, plenty of draft capital and money being available after June 1st.  The Bills didn't pick up 2 rookie WRs in the draft, and didn't take any of the better FA WRs-did you ever wonder why?.  It was always the plan to trade for one.

D Metcalf is rumored available - part of trading draft capital will be for getting Metcalf's relatively cheap salary , $16M. 

DHop would seem another option, $13M and could extend him another year and play all kinds of cap games.  Shouldn't take as much draft capital to get him because Tenn picked him up on the open market.

DJ Moore/K Allen - Chicago has too many WRs that would hamper the opportunity of a top 10 pick (Rome).

This is the quality of WRs we should be discussing.  Any one of those additions totally reshapes the Bills WR room.

Chicago just traded for Keenan Allen and traded for Moore just last year.

you think either of them are now on the move? When they have a rookie QB to support?

Dont see it, unless they take a page out of Beane’s book and actively avoid helping their QB.

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Chicago just traded for Keenan Allen and traded for Moore just last year.

you think either of them are now on the move? When they have a rookie QB to support?

Dont see it, unless they take a page out of Beane’s book and actively avoid helping their QB.

For Chicago I thought it might be overkill at the WR position.  The move for DJ Moore was in combination with other moves.  K Allen was before they selected Rome. 

They might want to fast track Rome to grow with the rookie QB.  Rome is in a worse situation than K Coleman at the moment and was drafted much higher.

22 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

For Chicago I thought it might be overkill at the WR position.  The move for DJ Moore was in combination with other moves.  K Allen was before they selected Rome. 

They might want to fast track Rome to grow with the rookie QB.  Rome is in a worse situation than K Coleman at the moment and was drafted much higher.

I know this is news to Bills fans, but having 3 good WR’s to pair with your talented QB isn’t a problem.  None of Chicago’s big 3 are available imo.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

In addition to Coleman, the room is full. I don't think the Bills are going to keep adding players to this part of the team.

If you assume Samuel, Shakir, Coleman are locks for the opening day roster, there's maybe one player that makes the gameday roster.  The rest go to PS or get released.

image.thumb.png.9b8e9e4fc9717aef3a458fbd66c385d7.png

This was an easy answer for me. I’ve had concerns about who on the Bills can handle volume. With the slant god still out there, they should take a chance. He’s slow and a fraction of the player that he once was, but if healthy, he can eat targets. That’ll give Josh a nice outlet. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Aside from the comment about the June 1st money this was exactly almost word for word the argument about MLB this time last year after the draft. 

People talk themselves into thinking Beane sees the roster the exact same way they do...and then go off when it turns out he doesn't. I would bet that Beane sees the WR room very much like he saw MLB last year. 

• Like (+1) 3

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, mrags said:

Keon Coleman should have done better in the 40 

If Buffalo signed the top two 100m sprinters after the Summer Olympics, put some pads on them and had them just run far really fast, would that satisfy you?

Edited by dgrochester55