Bills sign Chase Claypool, Smoot, Jones

24 minutes ago, Logic said:

Is adding like 47 bottom-of-the-barrel WRs in free agency the same as adding one or two good ones?

Asking for a friend...

Your friend is not very football savvy.  You should educate him.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yeah I realize jones was good at one point in his career. He’s been bad/unwanted the last 3.  

I didn’t say Spector was a lock.  I separated them due to being on the team last season.  I thought he play relatively well last year and would give him the nod over Jones at this point.  

Jmo

I think Jones and Spector are battling for the Matekavic role. Special teams but offer something on defense in coverage if needed. 

1 minute ago, Logic said:

DJ Chark signs with the Chargers.
Tyler Boyd signs with a team that already employs Calvin Ridley and DeAndre Hopkins.
Odell Beckham Jr signs with a team that already employs Tyreek Hill, Jaylen Waddle, Braxton Berrios, and just drafted Malik Washington.

The Bills sign...Chase Claypool and Quintez Cephus.

I'm sure I'll get a few thumbs down and eyeroll emojis for pointing out the wildly uninspiring way in which the Bills are approaching the wide receiver position. Whatever. Pour me a ***** shot.

I'd take the upside Claypool has over Beckham who's much older and been coming back from injuries, both have had attitude issues one is 6 years older than the other.

I mean the thing I like about this is Claypool showed his talent with the Steelers and Big Ben but then things went south. He's facing falling out the league without having even gotten a big second contract anywhere. This is exactly the kind of situation where you can find a guy trying to rebuild himself coming to a team with a great culture to do it.

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Just got a text from my buddy who is the Bears scout. I’m trying to post it but it’s too large. At any rate, it is Schefter’s post about the signing and then:

him: 🥴

me: gross

him: he’s been a locker room cancer everywhere that he’s been

take it fwiw

Yup.

7 minutes ago, Logic said:

Tyler Boyd signs with a team that already employs Calvin Ridley and DeAndre Hopkins.
Odell Beckham Jr signs with a team that already employs Tyreek Hill, Jaylen Waddle, Braxton Berrios, and just drafted Malik Washington.

I'm sure I'll get a few thumbs down and eyeroll emojis for pointing out the wildly uninspiring way in which the Bills are approaching the wide receiver position. Whatever. Pour me a ***** shot.

I do not see any difference in any name on this list.  All of them put up numbers 2 to 3 years ago.  Picking the younger  guys inspires some hope they could reach those numbers again.  Post draft FA signings are all similar unless its a real deal with real guaranteed money like Flloyd last season. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I'd take the upside Claypool has over Beckham who's much older and been coming back from injuries, both have had attitude issues one is 6 years older than the other.

I mean the thing I like about this is Claypool showed his talent with the Steelers and Big Ben but then things went south. He's facing falling out the league without having even gotten a big second contract anywhere. This is exactly the kind of situation where you can find a guy trying to rebuild himself coming to a team with a great culture to do it.

Ugh-  no thanks. Proven obj over a terrible football player with zero Iq all day.  There’s a reason one was paid what he was while the other was paid what he was.  One is valued.  One is not

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

I do not see any difference in any name on this list.  All of them put up numbers 2 to 3 years ago.  Picking the younger  guys inspires some hope they could reach those numbers again.  Post draft FA signings are all similar unless its a real deal with real guaranteed money like Flloyd last season. 

Claypool is in a tier of his own.  He’s the only one that was eligible to play and healthy, but wasn’t given playing time because he sucks and can’t stop committing mental error.  

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Logic said:

Nothing wrong with what you say here. 

If you think of Kincaid as our default 1, with Knox as the traditional TE and then Coleman, Samuel and Shakir as WR2’s, you can reasonably talk yourself off the ledge, but it’s a lot of projection. 

On the bright side, we have a better OL than teams like the Jets, Fins and Titans. 

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

put up numbers year 1 and 2, maybe he can have a rookie Gabe Davis type role 

QBs matter. Also Miami had him switch to TE mid season after signing him.

This is the best opportunity he’s had.

An interesting side story is Trubisky was part of the Steelers when Claypool was traded. I’m guessing he gave a positive review of him.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

31 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Jones at one point was far better than Spector ever will be. That may not be the case now but I don't see how Spector is a lock for the 53.

I doubt Smoot makes the 53. Camp body so Miller can rest.

Honestly, Smoot may be one of the better run defending DEs after Groot and AJ. 

• Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, KHAN said:

Your friend is not very football savvy.  You should educate him.

"Alright, my friend. Lesson 1: When the ongoing problem with your team is that its star quarterback isn't surrounded with enough offensive talent, the best way to attack the problem is to sign a bunch of veteran minimum guys and hope one breaks out!"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Logic said:

"Alright, my friend. Lesson 1: When the ongoing problem with your team is that its star quarterback isn't surrounded with enough offensive talent, the best way to attack the problem is to sign a bunch of veteran minimum guys and hope one breaks out!"

Lesson2: when you are having a cap reset year you're not signing Boyd or any of the other guys getting paid.

Tell your friend. ;)

• Like (+1) 3