Bills sign Chase Claypool, Smoot, Jones

Posted (edited)

Claypool looked like the next great receiver in Pitt then got in Tomlins doghouse. 
Goes to Chicago and just fell off the map. 
Maybe it was the environment he was in the last couple years it’s definitely worth a go. 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat

Just now, Logic said:

Obviously correlation does not equal causation, but...

GMqZYlqXsAAvsqf?format=jpg&name=small

Will Ferrell Lol GIF

For all we know, Chase Claypool could legit be a Born Again Christian now and be motivated to play football

If he causes trouble or is a bum, he can be cut in camp

On the 7% chance it works out......imagine we get some version of what he was his rookie season.  

• Like (+1) 3

I don't know anything about his story but why can't he stick on a team? He went to ND and they don't make any concessions for football players, you actually have to be smart and a hard worker to go to school there. I remember him being really good as a rookie too. Where did it go wrong?

Claypool has talent he just has to want it. Bills probably sold him on playing with an elite QB. I'd be telling him about all the money he'd make if he played up to his potential

10 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Big Ben and Tua are "garbage"?

anyway, classic Beane off-season WR addition.....

Big Ben should have been retired during the Claypoole years in Pittsburgh.

It wasn't like Ben in his prime.

Claypoole had 9 games and 51 snaps in Miami as a TE.  

I'm not expecting Claypoole to make the team............but he does have talent if he wants to change his ways.

I give it a one in three chance he changes his ways.

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)

A talented massive 25yr old with maturity issues, maybe having a CFL team add his name to their negotiating list was exactly the type of writing on the wall he needed.

If I’m simply looking at the best case scenario here, I’m super excited about the possibility of two 6’4 giants on the outside with Coleman and Claypool and Kincaid,Shakir and Samual on the inside.

The odds are stacked against the dude, but man if he takes advantage of this opportunity, understanding Josh Allen is his greatest chance at redemption then this could be very appealing.

Edited by julian
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Just now, Rockpile233 said:

Terrible pickup in my opinion. Awful attitude that overrides any physical talents. Not even worth it.

Obviously Beane and Sean know MUCH more than you or myself.   He could be a changed man

If he is, this could be really really good 

G**damn, Claypool's a bigger boy than I remembered:

6’ 4’’ 238 lbs

If he gets his head on right maybe he realizes at 25 he still has a chance with Allen to make a something of his career.

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

Big Ben should have been retired during the Claypoole years in Pittsburgh.

It wasn't like Ben in his prime.

Claypoole had 9 games and 51 snaps in Miami as a TE.  

I'm not expecting Claypoole to make the team............but he does have talent if he wants to change his ways.

I give it a one in three chance he changes his ways.

He had 3800 (16th) yards and 33 TDs (tied for 7th) on a 12-3 team in 2020.  Why would that prompt retirement?  How is that "garbage" QB play?

Try again...

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Obviously Beane and Sean know MUCH more than you or myself.   He could be a changed man

If he is, this could be really really good 

Yeah because they have never picked up random guys that did not make the roster or retired before even playing for the Bills...or at halftime.

• Eyeroll 1

26 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Big Ben and Tua are "garbage"?

anyway, classic Beane off-season WR addition.....

In fairness, It was the "Fat Elvis" version of Big Ben.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1