Bills sign Chase Claypool, Smoot, Jones

On 5/23/2024 at 6:37 AM, BuffaloBillyG said:

Yeah, I never get the idea of rooting for players that are on the Bills roster to fail from people that are supposed to be fans of the team. Those people would rather "be right" than see the success of others that would add to the success of the team. There's a distinct difference IMO between "thinking" he could be an early cut and "hoping" for it.

Ego/being right >>>>> the bills for some

• Agree 1

On 5/6/2024 at 9:06 PM, Sierra Foothills said:

Claypool will be gone at the first sign of trouble.

There's no way he's not on a short leash.

which is why all the hoopla about he being a bad influence on the rookie WR's does not hold much water. The newbies know that noone at their level is going to be given a roster spot. If they take on the example of a slacker that's on THEM and have no business being a Bill then either

The guy is a question mark there's no doubt about it.  Again, for selfish reasons I want him to do well. It would be a great redemption story for starters. For OUR TEAMS BENEFIT

and an ex Domer I'm not gonna lie I want him for that reason alone. *selfishly.

• Thank you (+1) 2

On 5/23/2024 at 8:37 AM, BuffaloBillyG said:

Yeah, I never get the idea of rooting for players that are on the Bills roster to fail from people that are supposed to be fans of the team. Those people would rather "be right" than see the success of others that would add to the success of the team. There's a distinct difference IMO between "thinking" he could be an early cut and "hoping" for it.

Yeah, I never got where people like you formulated this opinion that fans are rooting against the team  just because they are being realistic about a player who has washed out due to his own poor attitude.    Literally NOBODY said they hope he fails.   Dude hasn't been worth a damn in two straight NFL seasons.  And shame on @NewEra for advancing that idiotic line of BS.

On 5/22/2024 at 9:15 PM, Einstein's Dog said:

I hope so.  I also hope Claypool is one of the early cuts.

20 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah, I never got where people like you formulated this opinion that fans are rooting against the team  just because they are being realistic about a player who has washed out due to his own poor attitude.    Literally NOBODY said they hope he fails.   Dude hasn't been worth a damn in two straight NFL seasons.  And shame on @NewEra for advancing that idiotic line of BS.

Before going on a rant you may want to dive into what is being said about the topic. Literally was quoting someone that said he hopes he's one of the early cuts. That's rooting he fails. Literally. 

So, yeah your whole reply is complete and utter nonsense. Have a great day!

• Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Shame!!!! Shame??? 

What a strange thing to say. 

5 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

If the Bills traded for a WR1 in June(as the poster is speculating) and Claypool were cut before camp or during camp did he fail the Buffalo Bills?   Of course not.   Don't be ridiculous.   

His argument was that Claypool has been a clubhouse cancer.   That he's already failed despite great opportunity and contract motivation so there is no reason to trust in him.   Not that he wants to see him play poorly.  

No Bills fan is rooting for a player to go out and have a bad season for the team.   

But that's how the TSW homer-idiots try to spin it.   That there are fans on here who want to see WR's drop passes and fail and cost the team games.  

I posted that expecting some good gifs.   You guys suck. :lol:

Only have time for some quick drive byes this morning 

1 hour ago, Maine-iac said:

I'm all for a cheap tryout to see if there's any fire left in Claypool but looking through some old threads I found this and almost died laughing.

I'm rooting for claypool big time because of what it would mean to the bills. And while that interview he did in the field house was a step in the right direction, if folks listen to the whole thing, there was still a tad too much it wasn't my fault going on imo.

Either way go claypool go bills.