What's on your Mt. Rushmore of Arcade Games?

BillsPride12

Arcade:

Spy Hunter

Defender

NFL Blitz

Pinball:
White Water

Medieval Madness

Oh I spent way too many quarters on the above games 

My go to arcade games in the 80s:

Donkey Kong Jr. 

Track and Field

Tron

Galaga

Sinistar

Q-Bert

Pole Pisition

Punch Out!!

• Like (+1) 1

From my days of dropping quarters into machines at Hungry Charlies on Marshall St.

1) Space Invaders (the one that started it all.)
2) Pac Man 

3) Asteroids

4) Missile Command

Posted (edited)

Remember going to a bar and seeing people crowding around a Pac Man game watching a person breaking a 100 K score. 

Lived in Sunnyvale, CA for a couple of years and there was a small comedy club/bar called Rooster T. Fethers (may still be in businesss). Nolan Bushnell (founder of Atari and Chuck E. Cheese) installed  the first Pong game there.  The next morning, the owner of the club called to tell him the game was broken.  He showed up and found that the coin box was full.  No one had anticipated the demand.

Edited by Wacka

Along with the turtles and the Simpsons game, I also remember playing an X-Men button masher a lot. 

I was always hooked on Spy Hunter without actually playing it. You can’t beat that theme song. I was always staring at that machine at the ice rink during my older brother’s games. 

I was also a pinball fan. No specific ones really stick out to me, but I would play anything I could find. 

Posted (edited)
On 4/30/2024 at 3:50 PM, jayg said:

Galaga, Defender, Stargate, Joust, Tron, Crazy Climber, Reactor, Tempest, Donkey Kong, Star Wars, Star Trek, Spyhunter, Space Invaders pinball & High Speed pinball. Oops, too many. 

High Speed pinball was literally the first thing that came to my mind. The second was a game called Space Fury. 

On 4/30/2024 at 4:00 PM, teef said:

for stand up arcade games...rampage

golden axe

tmnt

the simpsons

for console games...super mario 2

legend of zelda 

metal gear solid (series)

mike tyson's punch out

do yourself a huge favor...https://www.bestbuy.com/site/arcade1up-the-simpsons-30th-edition-arcade-with-stool-and-tin-multi/6471758.p?skuId=6471758&utm_source=feed&ref=212&loc=20510845600&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwrcKxBhBMEiwAIVF8rMIlaa5G8ZReLzUtIa9QYKR8IocwedWjcXnz_HYC78n4MDSjQUVciRoC4Y8QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

loved Golden Axe

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

In hindsight, I really love the design of the demo screens for so many games. They’re moving along pretty well, then out of nowhere die a truly stupid death. Kids watch that and think “hey, I need to play this because I would never do that”.

On 4/30/2024 at 4:29 PM, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

8-bit animation GIF

pac-man GIF

game over arcade GIF by Alex Trimpe

engineering reverse GIF

There is no one right answer, but this one would be it if Centipede was replaced with Space Invaders.

Honorable mention to this game which foresaw a glorious future of hunting Cybertrucks in the salt flats.

battlezone.gif

• Like (+1) 1