Keon Coleman: Josh Allen texted me “You’re the guy I want”

3 minutes ago, Prospector said:

It wasn't though... have you seen his posts ever since we drafted Coleman. He can't help himself... he's on a mission

What? You called me a joke to the board and then when I said it was a joke, you said I'm on a mission? I haven't really said much of anything about Coleman. I think you got me mixed up with someone else

• Like (+1) 1

Ahhh, the off-season. That special point in the year when talk about Bills football is secondary, and taking digs at fellow members of the boards becomes the primary purpose. I feel so very fortunate that we have such a time every year…..

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

What? You called me a joke to the board and then when I said it was a joke, you said I'm on a mission? I haven't really said much of anything about Coleman. I think you got me mixed up with someone else

Realized I quoted the wrong person, meant to quote Kdiggz... its an early morning

Edited by Prospector

Allen texted Coleman on Friday after Beane told him that is who they are taking.  Pretty sure Beane alluded to telling Allen who they were taking, not the other way around.

The media has spun this into saying Josh telling Beane he wanted Coleman.

1 hour ago, Blainorama5 said:

Whatever Josh wants ... Josh gets!  👍

Nice to know someone's in charge on the offensive side.  

LOL 

He also loved Davis whom most people here hated.  Curious how this one works out.  

• Dislike 1

32 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I keep forgetting that you're the victim.  

I call him the pukey eyeroller (its way more expansive than the Coleman discussion)

Its whatever though ... To each their own

43 minutes ago, boyst said:

Beane said yesterday on Sirius that he turned down at least 5 good offers to move to #33.

You mean to move out of 33, right?

Clearly Coleman was their guy.

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Allen texted Coleman on Friday after Beane told him that is who they are taking.  Pretty sure Beane alluded to telling Allen who they were taking, not the other way around.

The media has spun this into saying Josh telling Beane he wanted Coleman.

I mean, Josh may have said he wanted Coleman, but it was likely in some context - "we predict these 3 guys will go in the top 10 and we're not going to mortgage this draft and the next to move up there, even if we could which is not certain.  We think these 6-7 guys will be within reach of our #28 pick, do you have a take?"

I doubt Allen's ranking would move the Bills draft board, but if there were 2 guys they were close on it might have influenced.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Tell Keon to go move in with Josh in cali and just work all off season

I was thinking more move in with Shakir and work with Eric Moulds (gloveless), though that place Diggs used to train would also be good. 

I forget the name, but their motto was something like "won't get you stronger, won't get you faster, will get you open."

Seriously, Shakir had a huge jump in his catch % from 50% to 87% last season, and in that "Embedded" piece he credits working off-season with Eric Moulds, bare-handed.  He said that working bare handed forces you to focus on refining your catching technique, then adding gloves takes it to another level. 

I'm not saying that Coleman needs to improve his catch rate, but Diggs used to say that Josh's passes didn't hurt "if you catch them properly"

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I mean, Josh may have said he wanted Coleman, but it was likely in some context - "we predict these 3 guys will go in the top 10 and we're not going to mortgage this draft and the next to move up there, even if we could which is not certain.  We think these 6-7 guys will be within reach of our #28 pick, do you have a take?"

I doubt Allen's ranking would move the Bills draft board, but if there were 2 guys they were close on it might have influenced.

Yeah, exactly. Allen didn't tell them before the draft there is one single WR he wants and it is Coleman. It was more like, who out of these 3 or 4 receivers (Worthy, Legette, McConkey, and Coleman perhaps) would Allen like the best, and Allen said Coleman, but I'm sure he was fine with a number of receivers.

1 hour ago, boyst said:

Beane said yesterday on Sirius that he turned down at least 5 good offers to move to #33.

But he did move to #33, so...

31 minutes ago, eball said:

You mean to move out of 33, right?

Clearly Coleman was their guy.

I suppose Coleman was their guy, but if that's the case, why move down from 28?  When KC called, did Beane ask them who they were going to take?  And if so, how did he know that the teams drafting 29-31 weren't going to take him (SF, for example, ended up taking a different WR)?  Did Carolina tell Beane who they were going to take at 32 if he made the trade?...I always wonder how much is known about who other teams are going to select and how it is known.  

Edited by mannc

6 minutes ago, Logic said:

Ken Dorsey: "Josh Allen texted me 'you're the guy I want!'"

LOL

I've been trying to recall just what Josh said about Dorsey as OC when he was promoted, and it really was pretty much that positive.  There was stuff about "my career changed when he walked into the building" and such like.  Very positive.  

The thing is it didn't stay that way long, it became "I have to see the field the same way he does as OC" which in hindsight, sounds like struggling.

11 minutes ago, MJS said:

Yeah, exactly. Allen didn't tell them before the draft there is one single WR he wants and it is Coleman. It was more like, who out of these 3 or 4 receivers (Worthy, Legette, McConkey, and Coleman perhaps) would Allen like the best, and Allen said Coleman, but I'm sure he was fine with a number of receivers.

Those are the 4 that were at or around our original pick, but I honestly don't think Worthy was on our board in the late 1st/early 2nd at all.

I also think if the Bills had Legette on there it must have been significantly lower, because Carolina was NOT subtle about telegraphing their Legette Love.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

LOL

I've been trying to recall just what Josh said about Dorsey as OC when he was promoted, and it really was pretty much that positive.  There was stuff about "my career changed when he walked into the building" and such like.  Very positive.  

The thing is it didn't stay that way long, it became "I have to see the field the same way he does as OC" which in hindsight, sounds like struggling.

Obviously I want my franchise QB to have input, and I'm very glad they let him weigh in on his preferences.

That said...Josh has admitted that he doesn't watch "tape" on these guys or break it down with coaches or anything. He watches Youtube highlight reels, like the rest of us. 

I hope -- I really, sincerely hope -- that Josh Allen's preferences don't outweigh all the months of hard work by the scouting department, or all the information, scouting reports, and analytics that Beane has it his dosposal.

And just in case anyone feels like "welp, this is who Josh wanted, so I'm good with it", we should always remember that Josh wanted Ken Dorsey to be his OC, and it arguably cost the Bills two seasons of championship contention.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1