Another Keon Coleman thread. This man is pure charisma, every Bills fan should watch his press conf

On 4/28/2024 at 11:04 AM, Blackbeard said:

Same.  Almost comes off as a little cocky?  Maybe a bit too full of himself?

anyway I hope I’m wrong.  We don’t need drama 

"If you don't have confidence in yourself how is anyone else supposed to believe in you. Confidence comes from putting in work, God blesses you with somethings but the rest you have to contribute for yourself."

What a diva. 🙄

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

"If you don't have confidence in yourself how is anyone else supposed to believe in you. Confidence comes from putting in work, God blesses you with somethings but the rest you have to contribute for yourself."

What a diva. 🙄

Right?

I know some folks get grumpy when a certain card is mentioned, but come on now people

• Like (+1) 2

The kid is 20 (just 4 months older than Edmunds). He offered a reporter to tag along with him to find deals on clothing and asked for cookies. He wasn't trying to be funny. Everyone laughed because he was acting like a regular person and not above them like other players usually do. Nothing in that interview said diva.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

I loved the interview.  Everyone is obviously entitled to their own opinion, but he came across as genuine, and confident, not cocky or anything else.  More so, confident in his own skin, which says a lot, about the way he was brought up.  Especially for a 20 year old kid.  I'm sure he's going to click extremely well with Allen, and the rest of his teammates.  Seems like the anti-diva, and the opposite of Diggs if you ask me.  

Edited by Allen2Moulds
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

On 4/28/2024 at 12:06 PM, bills6969 said:

Reminds me of Gronk.  If he produces on the field as well, he’ll be an icon.

Great comparison! Huge, fun personality and athletic freak…. He’s going to be great for the locker room. And still only 20 years old. 

On 4/28/2024 at 6:27 AM, Nextmanup said:

This guy seems to be a huge "boom or bust" sort of prospect.

Everyone sees huge talent in him, but many seem to think it will never show itself on an NFL field and passed him by.

Obviously, the Bills were willing to gamble, like they did with Josh, based on the presence of raw talent.

I would LOVE for this kid to emerge as a bonafide superstar, starting THIS YEAR.

Play him McDimwit!  Give him snaps and give him balls to catch! 

Let this kid take the NFL by storm...if he can!

I actually don't think he is a huge boom or bust prospect, that to me is more guys like Legette for example.  Coleman has a higher floor than others with his size, great hands, and catch radius.  I also don't know I would phrase it teams passed him by as much as not every team is looking for the same style or type of WR.  Coleman was one of the higher ranked WR's of the draft and went about where he was expected to go, which was either late first to early 2nd.  He was going to go at 34 had we not taken him to the Pats who tried to make him a first round pick but couldn't get a trade done.  

And I think you are going to get your wish as I think Coleman will put up better numbers than most of the guys that went ahead of him.  Coleman is going to quickly show what he can do and win the fans over early IMHO

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Toomstone.Part.Duex said:

Andre said Keon reached out to him and he's willing to help him out.    

This is pretty cool.  I know Eric Moulds has been working with Shakir this offseason.  I'd love to see him get some work in with Keon as well.  I can see there being some similarities in their game. 

• Agree 2

On 4/28/2024 at 7:06 AM, Lagoon Blues said:

I don't know...I was indifferent about the pick but optimistic. Reading the banter here I assumed he was going to be the worst WR ever drafted.  Hoping for the best and feeling a bit better about him after watching and reading up a bit on him last night.  But I wish I had not watched the conference.  His personality kind of rubbed me the wrong way.  Still gonna root for the guy.

On 4/28/2024 at 9:04 AM, Blackbeard said:

Same.  Almost comes off as a little cocky?  Maybe a bit too full of himself?

anyway I hope I’m wrong.  We don’t need drama 

Have to say, I am a bit stunned by this.  Not sure how you come away with that impression personally, I thought the interview was great and so did just about everyone, even sports personalities are loving and becoming a fan of his.  Heck, my wife who is a die hard Niners fan and sick of WR diva egos between Deebo, Aiyuk, and of course Diggs (who our dod is named after) loved him and thought it was a breath of fresh air from a WR.  

While I like this kid as a person, and his attitude, I didn’t get “charisma” out of that interview at all. Just a happy and thankful kid. I really hope he does well. He’s likable. 

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Have to say, I am a bit stunned by this.  Not sure how you come away with that impression personally, I thought the interview was great and so did just about everyone, even sports personalities are loving and becoming a fan of his.  Heck, my wife who is a die hard Niners fan and sick of WR diva egos between Deebo, Aiyuk, and of course Diggs (who our dod is named after) loved him and thought it was a breath of fresh air from a WR.  

Honestly I just think it is his youth coming through.  Nothing wrong with it, I am sure I was way more cocky when I was his age as well. Just not a huge fan of his personality that came across in the conference.  Hell it could have been nerves and he really isnt that over the top in person.  I have no idea.  I have been in a certain industry for 24 years now.  As I have aged and been involved for a long time I have grown quite turned off by people who come down on the side of being cocky...which shares a very fine line with very confident.  I see it quite a bit in my line.  One persons "that dude is extremely confident" crosses the line and is in the cocky realm for others.  A very fine line and everyone's threshold is slightly different.  What I see on a very regular basis, I favor the humble kid who comes in for a session or just lets his skill do the talking on stage.  As I said previously, I KNOW for a fact I was very cocky when I was his age(my father likes to remind me on occasion).  I was just making an observation of my first impression.  I have no ill will towards the dude and wish him nothing but the best for himself and for the Bills.  I guess I am just an aging person who is growing closer to "get off my lawn" lol

Edited by Lagoon Blues

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

this poor kid.

he's gotta know everyone was hoping the Bills would move up and get someone else.  

Yeah as much as there was a part of me that would have liked it if we drafted a 2nd WR in the draft, in the back of my mind I was thinking if we do that there's going to be this group of haters that are going to like a WR we drafted multiple rounds later than him just automatically. Wouldn't have been awkward at all.

14 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Yeah as much as there was a part of me that would have liked it if we drafted a 2nd WR in the draft, in the back of my mind I was thinking if we do that there's going to be this group of haters that are going to like a WR we drafted multiple rounds later than him just automatically. Wouldn't have been awkward at all.

it's hard to fathom they came away with a single WR in all those picks