Did we do enough at wide receiver?

1 hour ago, Fan in San Diego said:

Gabe Davis was a non factor dropping the ball machine. Addition by subtraction. Keon is a stud pass catching machine. Kincaid is stud. Kahlil is a stud. We are fine. If Beane adds another good WR its gravy. I would cut Knox and get another pass catching TE. Diggs dropped the ball too much as well. His pass catch ratio was around 61%, that nis too low. Keons ratio is around 91 %.

Dude has yet to play a snap in the NFL, or catch balls from Allen.

Sorry, you're deluded. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

I wonder about Slayton.  Will he really play hard ball with the Giants and not report?  He would fit in nicely here.

No. If we add anyone else, it should be at the very least a Courtland Sutton. Someone who is much more impactful than Slayton IMO…or a surprise veteran who is cut around the league

DK Metcalf is who Beane needs to get.

He would be AWESOME with Josh Allen.

He’s 26, we could extend him until he’s 31

DK & Keon on the outside with Samuel and Shakir inside and Kincaid as well

that really elevates the group

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)

It appears that a post June 1 DK Metcalf trade would be a 13 million cap charge to acquiring team… (someone correct me if wrong)

which means this is a real possibility IF Seattle decides to move him / we make a quality offer

with Tre White’s 10 million and possibly restructuring Oliver, we can make it happen

some may disagree, but I’d be willing to offer our 1st & 4th for Metcalf 

we’d still have 2 Seconds, 3rd, 4th (CHI) including the Vikings pick likely Top 35-40. 

a DK & Keon combo on the outside could put us over the top in the playoffs where defensive holding/PI is not called.  Both players are capable of physically overcoming most DB’s 1 on 1

Metcalf of course also fills the NEED FOR SPEED baby.  

Beane added a 2nd & 4th to our 2025 Draft. It would seem logical he did so to use as capital for a potential trade

Also note, unlike every other receiver rumored or known to be potentially available….

Metcalf has not been speculated to Buffalo. Stealth move by Beane incoming in 4 weeks. Please? 

I’d say DK & Keon is a likely upgrade from last year’s version of Diggs & Gabe. Especially….in the playoffs

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I hope so. I don't want to believe Mack Hollins/Justin Shorter is the plan. We literally don't have two starting caliber outside WRs on the roster. It feels like DJ Chark or OBJ have to be a post-6/1 signing just so we have a capable starting roster heading into training camp.

I hope this is the fallback position  A trade for a WR on a higher tier should be the first attempt.  Some I would hope Beane is considering:

DK Metcalf rumors.  Reasonable $13M salary and we have draft capital

B Aiyuk - wants money though

Deebo - probably available but expensive

DHop - $13M salary and would probably not take as much draft capital wise.

DJ Moore - reasonable salary and Chicago has too many WRs\

C Godwin - Tampa might want to move one.

A quality WR addition brings the Bills out of the rebuild category.  And Beane has claimed he would never want to rebuild while Josh is here.

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

It appears that a post June 1 DK Metcalf trade would be a 13 million cap charge to acquiring team… (someone correct me if wrong)

which means this is a real possibility IF Seattle decides to move him / we make a quality offer

with Tre White’s 10 million and possibly restructuring Oliver, we can make it happen

some may disagree, but I’d be willing to offer our 1st & 4th for Metcalf 

we’d still have 2 Seconds, 3rd, 4th (CHI) including the Vikings pick likely Top 35-40. 

a DK & Keon combo on the outside could put us over the top in the playoffs where defensive holding/PI is not called.  Both players are capable of physically overcoming most DB’s 1 on 1

Metcalf of course also fills the NEED FOR SPEED baby.  

Beane added a 2nd & 4th to our 2025 Draft. It would seem logical he did so to use as capital for a potential trade

Also note, unlike every other receiver rumored or known to be potentially available….

Metcalf has not been speculated to Buffalo. Stealth move by Beane incoming in 4 weeks. Please? 

I’d say DK & Keon is a likely upgrade from last year’s version of Diggs & Gabe. Especially….in the playoffs

They still have $8 million or so they can grab anytime from Josh. They have the cap to do almost anything, but again it takes pushing more back. Also takes Pegula dropping more cash. I’m not sure what type of mindset they have this year. Right now we’re looking at being one of the lowest cash spending teams in the league this year. Our roster reflects it.

• Agree 1

One option off the board...

OBJ is still out there. Maybe a blockbuster trade for Aiyuk or Metcalf.

Mack Hollins will not be the #2 outside WR. Mack Hollins will not be the #2 outside WR.

• Haha (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Mack Hollins will not be the #2 outside WR. Mack Hollins will not be the #2 outside WR.

Much rather trade for Terrace Marshal as our 4/5 WR. Won’t have to give up more than a 7th. Perfect fit.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Vomit 1

16 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

No. If we add anyone else, it should be at the very least a Courtland Sutton. Someone who is much more impactful than Slayton IMO…or a surprise veteran who is cut around the league

DK Metcalf is who Beane needs to get.

He would be AWESOME with Josh Allen.

He’s 26, we could extend him until he’s 31

DK & Keon on the outside with Samuel and Shakir inside and Kincaid as well

that really elevates the group

Slayton is cheaper and a better option for this team than Sutton.

• Disagree 1

14 hours ago, HappyDays said:

OBJ off the board now, too. Beane emphatically stating that no trade for a WR is forthcoming. Bills further adding to their depth chart with Quintez Cephus and Chase Claypool.

With each passing day, Mack Hollins grows closer to the starting lineup. Do margaritas still taste good if you put four shots in them? I'm gonna try it. 

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Fan in San Diego said:

Gabe Davis was a non factor dropping the ball machine. Addition by subtraction. Keon is a stud pass catching machine. Kincaid is stud. Kahlil is a stud. We are fine. If Beane adds another good WR its gravy. I would cut Knox and get another pass catching TE. Diggs dropped the ball too much as well. His pass catch ratio was around 61%, that nis too low. Keons ratio is around 91 %.

His catch percentage was 66.9% last year with a Buffalo career average of 69.1%: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DiggSt00.htm

Tyreek hill was 69.6%

CeeDee Lamb was 69.6%

Amon Ra was 73.4%

Puka Nacua was 65.6%

AJ Brown was 67.1%

Those were the top 5 receiving leaders.

On either side of Diggs in yards you had
Jamarr Chase at 69%

Michael Pittman at 69.9%

As you can see, he did have a lower rate than the top guys last year, but his career rate is in line or above them. If you pull up any one player, they are likley to have years that dip into the low to mid 60s in any given year. Tyreek had 3 straight years below 65%.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Samuel

Shakir

Coleman

I'm starting to get some hope that at least one (maybe two) of these other guys can rejuvenate themselves to push the above 3 for playing time.

Hamler

Hollins

Claypoole

Cephus

Shorter

Shavers

Isabella

Thompson

The UDFAs

Each one, on their own, has the odds against them.  But compared to other years, there is some inherent talent with these guys.

The WR camp battles could get interesting.

There is also a chance that someone else after June 1st joins the "longshots".

Has BB done enough at WR?  Absolutely not.   Don’t talk about Kincaid, Knox, Cook, etc….

Coleman(rookie)

Samuel

Shakir

and….

????

For teams that use 3 WR formations more than 1/2 the time, the Bills have a rookie penciled in at one of the top 3 spots, and then nothing but dumpster diving in terms of WR depth.  If another move is made for a top 3 WR before the start of the season, I will backtrack, but as of today, the room is weak, and any injuries to the top 3 will not be pretty. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

Has BB done enough at WR?  Absolutely not.   Don’t talk about Kincaid, Knox, Cook, etc….

Coleman(rookie)

Samuel

Shakir

and….

????

For teams that use 3 WR formations more than 1/2 the time, the Bills have a rookie penciled in at one of the top 3 spots, and then nothing but dumpster diving in terms of WR depth.  If another move is made for a top 3 WR before the start of the season, I will backtrack, but as of today, the room is weak, and any injuries to the top 3 will not be pretty. 

Are you saying that our offense will be derailed if any of the top 3 receivers are injured? This  offense is being built to be better at running and to spread the wealth passing. With the exception of Josh this offense is going to change week to week and no individual receiver will matter that much. The talent in the receiver room currently is equal to what we had at the end of the year last year when Diggs was playing poorly.

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Are you saying that our offense will be derailed if any of the top 3 receivers are injured? This  offense is being built to be better at running and to spread the wealth passing. With the exception of Josh this offense is going to change week to week and no individual receiver will matter that much. The talent in the receiver room currently is equal to what we had at the end of the year last year when Diggs was playing poorly.

An offense being built to be better at running?   Okay. 

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

Samuel

Shakir

Coleman

I'm starting to get some hope that at least one (maybe two) of these other guys can rejuvenate themselves to push the above 3 for playing time.

Hamler

Hollins

Claypoole

Cephus

Shorter

Shavers

Isabella

Thompson

The UDFAs

Each one, on their own, has the odds against them.  But compared to other years, there is some inherent talent with these guys.

The WR camp battles could get interesting.

There is also a chance that someone else after June 1st joins the "longshots".

If one out of the three in Claypool, Cephus or Hamler can play to their potential, that would go a long way in upgrading our WR room. It is not that far fetched, but I would rather seem them sign or trade for one more established veteran before the season starts than count on that happening.

• Like (+1) 3

I don't think there is any way to know for certain.  Buffalo needs to at least one, and probably 2 or 3 of their WRs to have his best season ever for this to be a successful season.  That includes Coleman, the receivers who are holdovers from last season, and off-season free agent signings.  That means, until or unless it happens, there will be doubt about whether or not it's enough.

• Agree 1