Did we do enough at wide receiver?

34 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Along the way to the Super Bowl, two of the league’s tougher defenses couldn’t stop Kc. I think the offense especially the receiver position deserved better attention. Time will tell. 

And KC won with a 2nd round rookie Rashee Rice as their lead WR.

5 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Beane got a version of Kelvin Benjamin with work ethic and thinks that’s all he needs

Stop it. Coleman is more than Kelvin Benjamin. I know you preferred others over him - but you're being hyperbolic and extremely unfair of how he was viewed by the team, Josh Allen, and many experts as a whole. 

Coleman is WORLD'S more athletic than Benjamin. He knocked literally everything out of the park save for timed speed. He was the highest rated WR available on Friday's ESPN big board. Just because you preferred others doesn't make him Kelvin Benjamin.

I warned you all offseason that you were being too unrealistic and over the top with what you were hoping for. The hissy fit you've been spamming over multiple threads all weekend is getting tiring.

3 minutes ago, CaliBills said:

I want to see what shorter can do this coming year after being injured last year and not getting the opportunity. 

last year people were getting all worked up about losing Edmunds, who is going to replace him.  Beane said- sometimes the replacement is already on the roster.  Terrel Bernard is a dawg!

This year people are getting all worked up about replacing Diggs.  Beane said- sometimes the replacement is already on the roster.

Beane very well can be talking about Hamler or Shavers or Shorter

• Agree 1

This team is the 2022 Chiefs.  Reboot season.  

We were never coming out of this draft with a WR1 so I’m not concerned.  

I love that they played everyone with the “move heaven and earth” leaks.   

And collectively our WR/TE group is better than the trash they had in 2022 AND 2023.  

This is why I wanted to lean into OL.  Hopefully SVP can keep McGovern where he is at LG and we have our C for the next 10 years.   

Coleman (90 targets)

Samuel (90 targets) 

Shakir (110 targets)

Hollins (60 targets)

Hamler 

Shorter 

Kincaid (likely 120 targets)

Knox (50 targets)

Cook (60 targets)

Davis

There’s your 600ish targets.  

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Can we stop this …. I beg of you. 

Mahomes has Reid calling plays, the best interior OL in the NFL (plus generous OL officiating in the Playoffs) and Travis Kelce.  

Also had a Top Tier Defense last year. 

Also… It’s not for lack of trying.   They’ve gone back to back to back premium WR draft picks.  They traded for a former 1.  They signed MVS and Juju.  They now signed Marquise Brown.  

They actually TRY. 

4 minutes ago, Radar said:

Except he has us in cap hell. So he doesn't have much to work with. 

now that draft is over- Beane will start signing free agents, always trying to improve the Bills.  June 1st cuts are coming.  Bargain FA shopping.   And if there is a great trade on the table, Beane can finagle the cap to make the deal work.

4 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Their defense is a better than ours, and Pacheco appeared to be more effective when needed than Cook. Point taken, but Rice showed up when needed, unlike Diggs and Davis.

33 minutes ago, somnus00 said:

We'll see post June 1st cuts. I wouldn't expect any big names. But maybe someone like Lockett from Seattle.

That’s a pretty big name.  It would me major news.

9 minutes ago, Radar said:

Except he has us in cap hell. So he doesn't have much to work with. 

Why didn’t we just take the full Josh Allen restructure?   

We’re in good cap shape with the Diggs trade.  They knew this was a possibility when they pulled the JA lever. 

What was the point of not taking it all and purposefully being in this position now…

• Thank you (+1) 1

Because Davis stunk and Diggs quit mid season someone tell me with a straight face that last year’s group was better?

We played almost a whole season with our supposed WR1 having quit on this team.  

I'll take these young hungry guys and Kincaid over that and Coleman just might be that WR1 right away who knows.  

• Agree 1

No. They did not do enough. They COULD have added enough, and rather easily:

Xavier Worthy in the 1st and trading up for Javon Baker in the 4th. We would've added speed/explosion with Worthy and a true X in Baker. Trade up again for Jaylen Wright (I don't want to hear that they couldn't have gotten that done. Some teams traded future 3rds to get back into the 4th), instead of drafting Ray Davis.

Or, alternately...

Still take Keon Coleman in the 1st (if he was Josh's guy and they just HAD to have him) and then trade up for Troy Franklin or Tez Walker in the 4th and again for Will Shipley at RB.

Either of the above would've added more quantity, more variety, and more explosiveness to the Bills' offense. Either one would've added a more legitimate group of weaponry than what the Bills did.

Sure, we would've missed out on a depth DT and a special teams linebacker and maybe one of our two late round developmental tackles. But that's just it: Sacrificing a bit of defensive depth or special teams prowess in the name of improving the offense. Unfortunately, that's not a trade-off this staff appears willing to make.

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Success said:

Reminder:  the most successful team in NFL history only prioritized the WR position ONCE, and didn't win a SB when they did that.

What are you talking about?  

Patriot's had two of the best slot WRs of all time at a time they had arguably the best TE in the history of the NFL.  When they did further address the WR spot, they went undefeated.  

31 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Beane got a version of Kelvin Benjamin with work ethic and thinks that’s all he needs

In fairness, Kelvin Benjamin with work ethic would have been a hell of a player.

3 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

What are you talking about?  

Patriot's had two of the best slot WRs of all time at a time they had arguably the best TE in the history of the NFL.  When they did further address the WR spot, they went undefeated.  

Tom Brady made them 2 of the "best slot WRs of all time."  They were both LATE rounders, and one was a QB.