Rd 6, Pick 219: CB Daequan Hardy, Penn State

I've followed this kid as a lightly recruited 3* kid out of Pittsburgh who Franklin wanted but no one else really did (PSU was his only P5 offer), to turning himself into one of the best slot corners in the Big 10. Kid can fly, very good in coverage, and is gonna be a great teammate. Pure fighter. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, DJB said:

Punt return guy that plays nickel 

I think he also ran one of the top 10 fastest 40’s this year 

Punt return guy, OK that explains it.  I was like 5'9" CB with 8" hands and 30" arms, WTF Beane?

3 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Looks like our punt returner, backup slot, and outside CB3/4 out the gate.

From the 4-5 min highlight video I watched, seems he can tackle, blitz, boxes out and uses the sideline well, and is electric returning INTs and punts.

think he's just too small to play on the perimeter where he'd get sealed on the sideline by bigger WRs.

You want this kid covering in space where he can't get boxed out, and can use his speed and quickness. He'll be Cam Lewis' primary competition to make the roster I think

12 minutes ago, steven50 said:

returned 2 punts for td's in 2023

Actually returned 3 punts for TD; one was called back on penalty.

Reminds me a lot of Nickel Robey.  Good slot corner.  Different skill set than Taron Johnson.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, appoo said:

think he's just too small to play on the perimeter where he'd get sealed on the sideline by bigger WRs.

You want this kid covering in space where he can't get boxed out, and can use his speed and quickness. He'll be Cam Lewis' primary competition to make the roster I think

Yeah, I think him on the outside will be the least significant way he contributes, but what I saw was he knows how to use his body well out there even if his size is limited