Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Rounds 4-7 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

SDS

Just now, H2o said:

We're not going after Aiyuk. We're not in a place to pay him the $$$ he wants. I also don't think SF trades him. 

My guess is Beane will wait till roster cut down day and pick up a couple cheap vet wrs on 1 year deals.   The large incoming wr rookie class will result in many vet wrs getting cut.  There will be lots of wrs available for cheap.  

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Most likely coming in the 2025 offseason, unfortunately. I think @GunnerBill's assessment is right. They aren't punting on the 2024 season but they are anticipating a down year. The moves they're making now are to set up 2025.

The idea of a post-6/1 trade for a WR also really intrigues me. Aiyuk or even Deebo suddenly makes a ton of sense if we're only giving up 2025 capital for one of them and putting them on the roster after Tre White's cap savings kicks in.

If they're punting, they should have cut Miller, too.

But no, they're half-assing it

This is personally my favorite draft since getting the wrong Josh.

Always a fan of trading back

Coleman is exactly the type of WR Josh has needed. A guy who goes up and gets contested balls bc we all know Josh dgaf about throwing into coverage and giving his guys a chance to go make a play, now he has a perfect compliment for that.

What’s not to like about Bishop? I expect him to be a starting Safety 1/4 of the way thru the season. Has all the intangibles.

Free third round pick from moving down and still getting the WR Josh needs instead of John Ross 2.0- starting caliber day 1 DT in Carter

4th- an absolute beast in Ray Davis, the perfect compliment to Jimbo.

5th round so far- Potential starting C, immediate depth at the spot if nothing else, and gains a 4th in next years deeper draft class.

No idea how you find room to complain about this draft between the quality of players, plus the way Beane worked the board and added picks to both this years class and next...

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

We haven't won anything. How long are you going to wait????

They have won a lot.  They just haven’t won a Super Bowl.  The roster was fading so going “all-in” this year by trading 2025 pick to move up this year would just waste future resources and hinder the retooling.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Right. Not nearly enough for camp. Not all of them will make the roster. How many did we go into camp with last year?

I’m not sure we disagree about anything at this point, except just what we consider the word “need” to mean. I won’t be surprised (or mind) if the Bills draft a LB today, and they’ll get at least 1-2 in UDFA as well. And agreed, they do need to add some for camp. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Can't listen to MJD on NFLN. Such a Bills hater

He loved the Davis pick at RB and said he'd add the Bills to teams he loves but Mike Rob is hogging them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I guess Beane's understanding of what it means to make the WR room more explosive doesn't square with common views.

I never said I thought a trade for Aiyuk was likely. We need that kind of receiver, though.

Apparently, they don't think they so. Deepest WR draft in 10 years and we get one at the top of the 2nd. 

• Sad 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

How many are you on for the entire draft?

I do a full 7 round mock draft, no I do not research all of them lol but my record for getting a pick right is # 155 which was Darrell Luter Jr.  I just do it for fun mostly to see how late I can get a guy right. It was painful this year though I will admit.

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

We haven't won anything. How long are you going to wait????

I think we have the 2nd most wins in the NFL over what, the last 4 years?

I have a feeling that next year's draft is going to be a special one because of good moves made this year.  We are getting younger with solid talent, and will continue to do so while Allen is in his prime.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Niners have taken 2 WR’s….

+ we just acquired another 4th for next year

perhaps we go after Aiyuk

Don’t ever give up!

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea I think to an extent that is right. Everything they have done this offseason suggests they have taken a year off of the going all in on winning a championship to do a 2 year re-load.

If true,  that is truly unforgivable.  And they are rebuilding with the same formula that didn't work so far.

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

I agree. NFLN spoiled a bunch of picks this year by going to Ian Rapoport and letting him "speculate" what the next pick might be, which was their way of spoiling without technically spoiling.

Completely spoiled the big Michael Penix surprise moment, and a bunch of others. It got to the point where whenever they said "let's bring in Ian Rapoport", I muted the TV and looked away til he was gone.

I hate that they did this. I think I'll be switching back to ESPN going forward. NFLN's coverage stunk this year. I've actually been enjoying ESPN's day three coverage. Better than expected.

Yeah I said this the other day, and it’s an unpopular but ESPN actually covers all the picks in day 3. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Most likely coming in the 2025 offseason, unfortunately. I think @GunnerBill's assessment is right. They aren't punting on the 2024 season but they are anticipating a down year. The moves they're making now are to set up 2025.

The idea of a post-6/1 trade for a WR also really intrigues me. Aiyuk or even Deebo suddenly makes a ton of sense if we're only giving up 2025 capital for one of them and putting them on the roster after Tre White's cap savings kicks in.

Which makes sense, the roster was getting reshuffled there's going to be an adjustment period no matter what, so they bring in youth and try and get a solid base under key positions with new younger players this year while getting in position make bigger moves next year on a roster that will hopefully be more solidified.