Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Rounds 4-7 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

SDS

2 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Are you now saying that anything other than a "legit #1" WR  = "role player".

Maybe it's just me, but I think starting Y & slot receivers are rather important.

I wasn't suggesting they weren't important. Role players are important. I was explicitly talking about guys with potential to develop into #1 receiver types. I think you interpret "role player" differently than I do. Role player don't mean backup.

5 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

What's a great season for Shakir exactly? I think people are overating him a lot right now. 

Samuel will be what Samuel has always been which is a guy who will probably get 600-800 yards with some gadget plays sprinkled in and a handful of TDs.

Our offense is objectively worse right now and I don't see anyone on day 3 changing things 

Shakir will be over 900 yards. His RAC is very excellent.  Dude just catches the ball.  Watch his highlights - watches the ball into his hands, sucks the ball in and into position for a football move immediately, turns upfield as soon as he has the ball with little hesitation. I feel he is underrated.  Samual at 800?  I'm good with that.  Coleman if he is brought along should get 500 plus yards, if fed the ball could do much better.  Kincaid could be near 1000 yards if used properly.

I feel our WR room is better.  Diggs was a problem in the locker room, good move to remove that problem.  Davis dropped so many balls last year that would have made a difference in games.  Glad he is gone so we can stop force feeding a dude that couldn't get the job done.

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

Then they've downgraded.

Okay diggs didn’t do crap in the 2nd half of the season so tell me more 

also got rid of cap and got a 2nd 

addition by subtraction the future is better because of the move 

1 minute ago, davefan66 said:

Shakir will be over 900 yards. His RAC is very excellent.  Dude just catches the ball.  Watch his highlights - watches the ball into his hands, sucks the ball in and into position for a football move immediately, turns upfield as soon as he has the ball with little hesitation. I feel he is underrated.  Samual at 800?  I'm good with that.  Coleman if he is brought along should get 500 plus yards, if fed the ball could do much better.  Kincaid could be near 1000 yards if used properly.

I feel our WR room is better.  Diggs was a problem in the locker room, good move to remove that problem.  Davis dropped so many balls last year that would have made a difference in games.  Glad he is gone so we can stop force feeding a dude that couldn't get the job done.

Lol ok

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I wasn't suggesting they weren't important. Role players are important. I was explicitly talking about guys with potential to develop into #1 receiver types. I think you interpret "role player" differently than I do. Role player don't mean backup.

I think Thrash has a chance to be a nice #3/4 to start, and grow into a potential #2 type.

He did very good at the Senior Bowl, has some traits that Beane likes.  

Think he would complement our WR room well

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, mikemac2001 said:

Okay diggs didn’t do crap in the 2nd half of the season so tell me more 

also got rid of cap and got a 2nd 

addition by subtraction the future is better because of the move 

Diggs still had it in him to turn up and be a #1 WR. The Bills have got no one on the roster to take on that role. Samuel for Davis? Fine, I'm ok with that. It's the number one where I think they're lacking.