Rd 2, Pick 33: WR Keon Coleman, Florida State

SDS

8 minutes ago, Taro Nimbus said:

I forgot.   Which team do you scout for???

Definitely not the team that drafted Ford, Basham, and Epenesa in the 2nd round.  Or the team that drafted a third RB in the 2nd after drafting RB in the 3rd the prior two of three years.  Or the team that drafted Elam in the first round.  

• Eyeroll 3
  • Sad 1

All I’ll say is the Bills must have REALLY liked this kid. His outgoing, clownish personality seems like it would make coach a little uncomfortable but they drafted him anyway.

1 hour ago, pi2000 said:

God I hope this kid is good, he has a great personality, such a like-able dude.     

Would be a shame if he struggles to produce.    Only time will tell. 

I think he’s gonna need a couple years of pro coaching and experience before he really starts to hit his stride. Not saying he won’t contribute immediately, because he will. His sheer athleticism will provide those opportunities and with a guy like Josh throwing to him, he’s gonna get some plays going his way. I’m looking forward to his development because he has so much room for growth at the position. Chris Brown made a good point earlier when he said Coleman spent half his college career playing two sports and that alone suggests he couldn’t devote the time and dedication to learning the position in a comprehensive manner. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I think he’s gonna need a couple years of pro coaching and experience before he really starts to hit his stride. Not saying he won’t contribute immediately, because he will. His sheer athleticism will provide those opportunities and with a guy like Josh throwing to him, he’s gonna get some plays going his way. I’m looking forward to his development because he has so much room for growth at the position. Chris Brown made a good point earlier when he said Coleman spent half his college career playing two sports and that alone suggests he couldn’t devote the time and dedication to learning the position in a comprehensive manner. 

Walking into FSU from Michigan St and basically being the guy instantly is impressive. Big time NIL get and tells coach make me the return man.  Not many players in the NIL, transfer portal world have that mindset.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Walking into FSU from Michigan St and basically being the guy instantly is impressive. Big time NIL get and tells coach make me the return man.  Not many players in the NIL, transfer portal world have that mindset.

He certainly doesn’t lack the confidence required for the job. But more importantly, he looks like a high effort, play to the whistle, pain in the butt to play against. Loved watching his run blocking in the Cover 1 video. He didn’t care if the play was to his side of the field or not as he was trucking guys far away from the play like he is adamant that the guy lined up across from him was not gonna make the tackle, period. He’s gonna piss off some DBs in the NFL because he doesn’t take a play off. Looking forward to it.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Watching since 1964 said:

Analytics & scouting guru Brett Whitefield reverses his opinion on Keon.🙂

His portion begins at the 16min40sec mark. He also raves about Ray Davis.

Whitefield’s background www.fantasypoints.com

This is a really great interview - very informative. Thanks for posting.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

40 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Definitely not the team that drafted Ford, Basham, and Epenesa in the 2nd round.  Or the team that drafted a third RB in the 2nd after drafting RB in the 3rd the prior two of three years.  Or the team that drafted Elam in the first round.  

Yeah because that is something that just the Bills do right?   31 other teams go through the same thing during the draft.  Every pick is not a home run. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Prospector said:

Gronk never did

Because the NFL helped Brady his whole career.  We're starting to see this with Mahomes/Kelce.  We're simply not an NFL darling to get those calls. Keon will get flagged some but hopefully his physicality is rewarded by the zebras?

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Taro Nimbus said:

Yeah because that is something that just the Bills do right?   31 other teams go through the same thing during the draft.  Every pick is not a home run. 

Exactly my point.  So why are people acting like Beane and the scouts couldn't have missed again in the 2nd?  I'm bringing up legit concerns about the player, and I'm told that I'm not a scout or GM so whatever I think it meaningless.  So pretty much scouts and Beane never miss so whatever I'm saying is completely wrong because I know nothing.

1 hour ago, Back2Buff said:

Evj77G4XcAcsuqS?format=jpg&name=large

Nice call on our MLB.

On 7/31/2023 at 8:20 AM, Back2Buff said:

My personal choice is Klein, Spector, Bernard, then Dodson.

People need to go watch the Cleveland game from last year.  I think Dodson was the worst player in the entire league.

Klein was actually good last year when he played.  I thought he did well in the Det game.  Out played Milano.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/brandon-beane-josh-allen-was-pretty-pumped-to-hear-we-were-drafting-keon-coleman

“Josh is crazy about the draft process. He loves it,” Beane said in an interview with SiriusXM NFL Radio. “If I get a call from Josh in the offseason, it’s usually him seeing somebody on a highlight, running into somebody, throwing with somebody — just something to ask me what I think about this guy. He called me at the Senior Bowl [to ask] what do I think about a couple of guys there. So he loves it.

“He’s been in the building the last couple of weeks now that the offseason program’s started. So we did give him some guys, we said, ‘Hey, sit back with the coaches, y’all watch them together and talk about how you’d use them. I’d like to hear what you see.’ And he liked a lot of the guys, he really did. But Keon was one — I know he liked him a lot, too. And Josh and I didn’t speak Thursday, really. Maybe he stopped by that morning. But that next day, Friday morning, he FaceTimed me — actually I was still at home before I headed in here. And he was like, ‘What are you thinking?’ And I said, ‘Well, barring somebody blowing me away, I’m going to take Keon.’ And he was pretty pumped.”

So pumped that Allen let Coleman know that he was the receiver the quarterback wanted at the top of the second round.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Logic said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/brandon-beane-josh-allen-was-pretty-pumped-to-hear-we-were-drafting-keon-coleman

“Josh is crazy about the draft process. He loves it,” Beane said in an interview with SiriusXM NFL Radio. “If I get a call from Josh in the offseason, it’s usually him seeing somebody on a highlight, running into somebody, throwing with somebody — just something to ask me what I think about this guy. He called me at the Senior Bowl [to ask] what do I think about a couple of guys there. So he loves it.

“He’s been in the building the last couple of weeks now that the offseason program’s started. So we did give him some guys, we said, ‘Hey, sit back with the coaches, y’all watch them together and talk about how you’d use them. I’d like to hear what you see.’ And he liked a lot of the guys, he really did. But Keon was one — I know he liked him a lot, too. And Josh and I didn’t speak Thursday, really. Maybe he stopped by that morning. But that next day, Friday morning, he FaceTimed me — actually I was still at home before I headed in here. And he was like, ‘What are you thinking?’ And I said, ‘Well, barring somebody blowing me away, I’m going to take Keon.’ And he was pretty pumped.”

So pumped that Allen let Coleman know that he was the receiver the quarterback wanted at the top of the second round.

That can't possibly be right Josh only golfs until training camp. 🤔

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

That can't possibly be right Josh only golfs until training camp. 🤔

I think the "Josh doesn't work hard in the offseason"/"Josh only golfs and travels" nonsense is some of the silliest stuff I've ever seen.

I'm sure all the people who level that criticism at him spend 24 hours a day at THEIR jobs and have no personal life 🙄

• Thank you (+1) 3