Falcons and Vikings potential pick swap?

16 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Have you seen this story? I know Florio can be an idiot but it’s interesting. This could shake things up in the draft. 

I seriously doubt the investigation would be wrapped up in the next 2 weeks and even more so result in a 1st round top 10 draft pick flop. I give Florio credit for stirring it up and getting clicks. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

I understand punishing a team that tampers but has there ever been a reward for a team that was tampered against like this?  Seems very arbitrary to me.

Yeah, they usually fine the teams or remove draft picks. I've never heard of a pick swap.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

Yeah, they usually fine the teams or remove draft picks. I've never heard of a pick swap.

20 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

I understand punishing a team that tampers but has there ever been a reward for a team that was tampered against like this?  Seems very arbitrary to me.

It happened last year, though not with a first round pick swap. More or less the teams agreed to it in a "settle out of court" style agreement.

That said not sure that we see a swap of first rounders. Mid to late round swap could potentially happen, though IMO 

https://apnews.com/article/cardinals-eagles-tampering-gannon-ossenfort-2c625742d0c227bdc43c84fc7e78ac63

Edited by BuffaloBillyG
  • Like (+1) 1

I personally prefer the rumour of the Chargers trading Herbert to the Vikings and taking JJ … maybe Florio needs to combine the two for a bit more extra  drama … “Chargers tell Vikings to move into Top 10 for Herbert “

• Like (+1) 1

I think it's hilarious to go after this and pursue sanctions. Dude should have every right to see who he wants to medically. Also, they're stupid for not doing it outside the full scope of football.

1 hour ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Maybe what they are saying is if Atlanta agrees to this, Minn will drop the accusation? 

17 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

The Bills should get compensation too.  Sources tell me they were going to sign Kirk to a vet minimum deal to be Josh's backup, and since that didn't happen the Bills were clearly harmed.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 4/12/2024 at 10:54 AM, Kirby Jackson said:

Have you seen this story? I know Florio can be an idiot but it’s interesting. This could shake things up in the draft. 

There shouldn't be any swapping of picks.  IF there is punishment they will take picks from Atlanta.

12 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

There shouldn't be any swapping of picks.  IF there is punishment they will take picks from Atlanta.

Maybe, but they could make the point that the tampering wasn’t just a violation of the rules but damaging to the Vikings. It’s like a civil case as opposed to a criminal case. I’m not sure anything happens but interesting nonetheless.

4 minutes ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

I have a spot for the Vikes as fellow 4x sb losers, but I kind like them less knowing this

So, I am pretty old. When I was a kid, the Bills were not making the playoffs. For idiosyncratic reasons, I adopted the Vikings as a team to root for. I liked Fran Tarkenton. He was nicknamed "the scrambler," and back then his leaving the pocket and buying time by running was a novel idea. So, naturally, I feel the football gods are especially spiteful. Florio has definitely put a taint on my nostalgia, but I too still have a soft spot for them.

• Like (+1) 1