TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Completed

Virgil

3 hours ago, mrags said:

Good luck with this one guys. Whoever has the Packers, do Green Bay proud. 

I think there should be a poll for the Bills before this thing even starts. Assuming the trade situation is going to be crazy. 

Something like….

-if Odonze or Nabors is still there at 9, should the Bills trade up for one of them for xxx draft picks. 

-if Thomas is there still at 17, should the Bills trade up for him for xxx draft picks. 

this way, if one of these situations falls that way we can automatically rely on the poll. 

No pressure I guess! I like the same players you chose for Green Bay in 1.0 so hopefully the board shakes out differently so I can get some variety in there. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

12 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

No pressure I guess! I like the same players you chose for Green Bay in 1.0 so hopefully the board shakes out differently so I can get some variety in there. 

I’ve got faith in you. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Looking forward to this one... I normally take a team somewhere around the middle of the draft and then try and match value with need. I think it is a bit different with Detroit. Not a ton of clear needs. So will need a slightly different strategy. 

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, stinky finger said:

@Virgil - my apologies. I had the Texans in the first draft. Can I swap out with the Panthers? 

I can keep the Texans in addition if necessary.

You’re good 

Draft will start at 12p est.  

@section122 can you take the Ravens?

@Logic Can you take the Bucs?

Edited by Virgil

9 hours ago, mrags said:

Good luck with this one guys. Whoever has the Packers, do Green Bay proud. 

I think there should be a poll for the Bills before this thing even starts. Assuming the trade situation is going to be crazy. 

Something like….

-if Odonze or Nabors is still there at 9, should the Bills trade up for one of them for xxx draft picks. 

-if Thomas is there still at 17, should the Bills trade up for him for xxx draft picks. 

this way, if one of these situations falls that way we can automatically rely on the poll. 

There is a plan 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Looking forward to this one... I normally take a team somewhere around the middle of the draft and then try and match value with need. I think it is a bit different with Detroit. Not a ton of clear needs. So will need a slightly different strategy. 

Agreed they definitely need some corner depth since Davis is the only legit starter but after that they can truly go BPA. Maybe some D line and interior O line help but nothing pressing. I honestly think they win the NFC next year. They turned things around with a great GM and coach

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

You’re good 

Draft will start at 12p est.  

@section122 can you take the Ravens?

@Logic Can you take the Bucs?

Yep I can do that.  I updated and redid the google sheet. The rankings are a bit different and I pared another column off the sheet.

They now include consensus of 9 people and in case anyone is interested of who they are:

Matt Donnelly Dynasty Vipers

Andrew Erickson FantasyPros

Aaron Schill FF Faceoff

Steven Pintado The Fantasy Coaches

Mason Riney RPO Football

Charlie Campbell Walter Football

Eric Edholm NFL.com

Daniel Jeremiah NFL.com

Tankathon.com (group effort)

link should be the same but just in case: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kKiIOcYaq1A0SI-iV5sNBub4GWz-FyrSHSHMSKqV_SQ/edit#gid=0

• Thank you (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Bears (mannc) are on the clock
11 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Making it known now…Arizona Cardinals will listen to offers for the #4 pick.  

So if you’re looking for a QB hit me on my Motorola pager with the code 80085

1 minute ago, Logic said:

I thought it was 42069

My son wanted me to stop driving my car when the odometer hit that number because it spelled "BOOBS" :lol:

Well played Alpha, well played :thumbsup:

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

With the very first pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Chicago Bears select Jayden Daniels, QB, LSU.

Chicago is not the place for a crybaby with pink fingernails and a pink iPhone protector. Daniels was the most accurate QB in college football, has incredible speed and mobility, and most importantly, has a good head on his shoulders.  Daniels’s arm is plenty strong and he is a very quick processor.  He is not Justin Fields 2.0.  Flame away!

Spoiler alert:  We’re willing to listen to offers for pick 9.

@H2o and the team formerly known as the Redskins are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Shocked 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, mannc said:

With the very first pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Chicago Bears select Jayden Daniels, QB, LSU.

Chicago is not the place for a crybaby with pink fingernails and a pink iPhone protector. Daniels was the most accurate QB in college football, has incredible speed and mobility, and most importantly, has a good head on his shoulders.  Daniels’s arm is plenty strong and he is a very quick processor.  He is not Justin Fields 2.0.  Flame away!

Has there been anything to indicate they aren't going Caleb Williams?

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Commanders (H2o) are on the clock
16 minutes ago, mannc said:

You dirty mutha fudger :censored:

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, section122 said:

Yep I can do that.  I updated and redid the google sheet. The rankings are a bit different and I pared another column off the sheet.

They now include consensus of 9 people and in case anyone is interested of who they are:

Matt Donnelly Dynasty Vipers

Andrew Erickson FantasyPros

Aaron Schill FF Faceoff

Steven Pintado The Fantasy Coaches

Mason Riney RPO Football

Charlie Campbell Walter Football

Eric Edholm NFL.com

Daniel Jeremiah NFL.com

Tankathon.com (group effort)

link should be the same but just in case: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kKiIOcYaq1A0SI-iV5sNBub4GWz-FyrSHSHMSKqV_SQ/edit#gid=0

The new rankings reminded me of a comment I wanted to make about Mock1, I was surprised RB Jaylen Wright wasn't picked. Someone will covet that speed at the position.  I was considering him at 68 for the Pats  because of the run on WRs.

Ps. Not that I put much stock in his Mocks, but Reuter has a new 5-round mock out and he as the Bills taking my guy Tez Walker at 60.

Edited by TPS
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, mannc said:

Just curious if you made this pick because it's what YOU would do, or because it's what you think the Bears will do.

I'm always fuzzy as to which of those we're supposed to be doing in these things, but...just wondering what lead to this pick.

12 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Has there been anything to indicate they aren't going Caleb Williams?

Other than the fact that they haven’t said they are, no.  But if I’m the GM, I don’t want Caleb Darnold.

• Dislike 1

Sorry @Virgil I'm gonna put this here because it is relevant given that @mannc has thrown us a curve ball. But what I was told yesterday was Caleb #1, still believe that Daniels goes #2 but if he doesn't and the Commanders go Maye then the Patriots would take McCarthy at #3 and if Daniels gets to #4 the Cardinals will have an all out bidding war on their hands for that pick - potentially even with teams not being talked about as in the QB market looking to get up. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

Just curious if you made this pick because it's what YOU would do, or because it's what you think the Bears will do.

I'm always fuzzy as to which of those we're supposed to be doing in these things, but...just wondering what lead to this pick.

It’s what I would do.  I don’t think a predictive mock is very interesting or worthwhile.

i suspect that Chicago will take Williams, if for no other reason than he is the safe pick…no one will second guess them if they pick him. But I think the guy is going to struggle greatly in the NFL.  He holds the ball way too long, doesn’t take care of the football, and I have serous questions about his attitude.

Edited by mannc
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Sorry @Virgil I'm gonna put this here because it is relevant given that @mannc has thrown us a curve ball. But what I was told yesterday was Caleb #1, still believe that Daniels goes #2 but if he doesn't and the Commanders go Maye then the Patriots would take McCarthy at #3 and if Daniels gets to #4 the Cardinals will have an all out bidding war on their hands for that pick - potentially even with teams not being talked about as in the QB market looking to get up. 

Regardless of the order they are selected in, I still see QB's going 1, 2, 3.  The only real question is if Arizona stays put at 4, but I think MHJ will be too good to pass up on

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Logic said:

It should be what you would do as the GM, but based on the information you can find out there to indicate what the team is leaning towards.  For the Bears pick, that's his choice to make, I'm just asking if it's based off anything seen online in regards to pre-draft visits, etc.   

For me, if there's a player that I know the team has shown zero interest in, even if I think it's a good fit, I'm not selecting them.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, TPS said:

The new rankings reminded me of a comment I wanted to make about Mock1, I was surprised RB Jaylen Wright wasn't picked. Someone will covet that speed at the position.  I was considering him at 68 for the Pats  because of the run on WRs.

Ps. Not that I put much stock in his Mocks, but Reuter has a new 5-round mock out and he as the Bills taking my guy Tez Walker at 60.

I only looked at wrs bc that is the position that interests me the most for obvious reasons.

MHJ and Nabers stayed the same.  However almost every other wr moved up in the overall rankings.

McConkey went from 43rd and the 8th wr to 31 and the 6th ranked

Roman Wilson had a big jump from 68th to 51. 

The later guys are where the big jumps really happened. Jalen McMillan from 98 to 74, Javon Baker from not in the top 150 to 85, Jermaine Burton from 118 to 95, etc.  

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

Then why haven’t they announced it?

because the NFL will still make them take their full 10 minutes on draft night?

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

Then why haven’t they announced it?

The NFL tells them not to announce it anymore.  It's been that way for years now.  They will even make them use up half their clock on draft night.  It's all part of the "suspense"

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, mannc said:

A monkey wrench in the works right away! Love it!

lets-get-weird-workaholics.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

With the 2nd pick, in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Washington Commanders select............. Caleb Williams, Quarterback, USC

commanders-washington-commanders.gif

The Bears definitely tossed a knuckle-curve with the 1st selection, but we were ABSOLUTELY good with multiple guys here. Caleb is a supremely talented prospect at the QB position who can make every throw on a football field. He checks every box. He has elusiveness in the pocket. He can make off script throws from various body positions or arm angles. He can run enough to keep a defense honest. Williams and Kingsbury will Make Offense Great Again in the Nation's capital. Welcome home young man, welcome home. 

@section122 and the New England Patriots are on the clock

(P.S. - I had to redo my stuff because mannc did what he did :lol:)

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

No they are going Williams. 100%. There is no doubt about it. 

That’s fine.  I don’t like the player and I’m not picking him for my team, especially when there are other options.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

The NFL tells them not to announce it anymore.  It's been that way for years now.  They will even make them use up half their clock on draft night.  It's all part of the "suspense"

Yeah, didnt the Panthers get scolded last year for turning their pick in too early?

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Patriots (section122) are on the clock
9 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

One more pick away just like a deep booger.  Cardinals number 4 pick is still open for bids for those looking for that elusive QB.  Don’t wait and miss out on a QB like a loser 

This is not a shot at anyone really and your best bet is the Vikings obviously but the problem with trades in a two rounder is the trading down team really won’t benefit anymore so because they will never be able to utilize the picks nor will the trading up team want to do it because they’ll make one pick and be done. 

That’s why I like 7 rounder mocks with trades the problem with that is most GMs check out by round 3 because the players they know in the process drops off a ton. 

The one I do on another site typically does it but isn’t doing it this year because no one is leading it. The guy used to run it had his own draft website but moved to Chins to teach English. 

My favorite one I ever did was a 5 rounds in 5 nights where it was in a chat with two podcasters where you would private message your trades and picks and they would announce them like a real draft. It was pretty cool

• Like (+1) 1