[POLL] Should The Bills Trade Up For A WR?

boyst

[POLL]Trade Up For A WR? Who?  

364 members have voted

1. 1. Should we trade up inside the top 8 for a WR?

• Yes
    • No

Nope, this team has a number of needs. Can’t risk multiple premium picks on the hopes  your WR will be *that much* better than any taken after him (which statistically is a 50/50 proposition btw).

Even now I’d support a trade back before a trade up.

Edited by Brand J
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

We are entering the teams second window with Allen.

We will NEVER see another QB his calibre on this team.  Not in this lifetime.

GO ALL IN NOW.  GET TOP TARGET.

Edited by Blackbeard
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Before I would have said stay out and take who is left. After the trade, yes absolutely we should move up and we have the ammo. The extra second makes it easier to trade away a top pick next year. 

1 + 1 for BT

1 +1 +2 for Rome

Time to make a splash 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBill said:

I voted yes, but even with the 2nd next year in the mix they are not getting to top 8. 

According to the nfl trade chart this year's first and 2nd and next year's first is equivalent to about the 5th pick this year,  so it's definitely doable. 

Heck,  they can even trade up by only using the 1st this year and 2 2nd rd picks and still holding on to next year's 1st.

10 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

We are entering the teams second window with Allen.

We will NEVER see another QB his calibre on this team.  Not in this lifetime.

GO ALL IN NOW.  GET TOP TARGET.

We absolutely need to focus on offense until we have the juggernaut that we should have with Allen at QB.  

Having said that, just use the picks we have.  Beane's got us in enough of a hole already, and as others have said, the difference between a WR taken before 28th and at 28th, other than for Harrison who we have zero chance of landing under any circumstances, could very well be negative, but marginal otherwise if the team does it's homework.  Just not another second-tier prospect please.  

Time to shift the focus from McD's pet project D to the O.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

No. Not at that cost.

I can see a small 2-3 spot hop. But many of the moves being made have appeared to be geared to the 2025 off season. I think we see how the draft falls, hold onto those resources and select a WR this year in the first 2 days. I don't think the trade changes the urgency, despite the knee-jerk reaction it will create for fans 

• Like (+1) 3

It's a risky proposition.  Any draft pick could be a bust, so despite the glaring need at WR, I think they're better off keeping what they have and picking 2 WRs in the draft.  It's a deep draft for WRs.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, boyst said:

Should they package a trade that would include this years first, next year's first and second to pick in the top 8 for a WR?

Trade up? Yes. Trade all of THAT to get into the top 8? Heck no.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Don't be scared because the Sammy Watkins trade didn't work out.
Look at the Julio Jones trade, which DID work out.

Send a package of picks (including this year's and next year's 1st, plus a future 2nd and 4th, or whatever the value chart dictates) to Chicago for the 9th pick. Draft Rome Odunze. Allen has a blue chip, franchise WR on a cost controlled deal for five years. A top playmaker who can grow with Allen and be the driving force in this passing game for years to come.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

1 hour ago, BuffaloBill said:

Draft position chart shows the Bills might leapfrog to 15 or 16 but they will not get to top 8 with a 2nd next year.

What about first this year and our first next year? 

• Like (+1) 1