Diggs traded to Texans for picks

Sad end to his time at the Bills. Hoping we fail forward here and come out somehow better for it.

When the Vikings moved on from Diggs they ended up with Justin Jefferson. Even someone half as good as him would make it palatable.

Not confident it'll be that way though

13 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

You know what, now is a good time to spill the beans on what I was told earlier this year - In the home Patriots game, Diggs chose to sit out the first drive of the 2nd half because he was upset with Allen's play in the 1st half. It wasn't an injury or part of the game plan. He decided to screw over his team and sit out a drive because he couldn't get over himself.

I suspect other stories like this will come out in the coming days. A couple aren't mine to tell. Guy was a total headcase and a major distraction in more ways than one.

Everybody wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt last year. I don't know why based on his actions. But sure, call him misunderstood. Two teams have now traded away the "star" WR. One was better for it, I suspect it will be two when this plays out. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, amprov56 said:

Unless you lived through that era, most posting here will never know; great point! Diggs not even on the same planet!

I remember when Jerry Rice was asked who the best receiver in the NFL was in the early 90s, he replied Andre Reed is 1 and i'm 1A!

• Like (+1) 4

This is such a great move. Get rid of this cancer. Grab a wr round 1 and we are already in a better place than last year at the start of the season. lol at all the people thinking the Bills are taking a step back or window closed type of talk. Diggs was a diva and should have been a team player and taken a pay cut like miller but he was too busy posting on twitter on how great he use to be. 

• Like (+1) 6

3 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Houston is building their team right. Going all in on OFFENSE. This is an offensive league and whoever scores the most points wins. The Bills are trying to run the ball more and play good defense. Someone needs to tell this isn't 2005

This kind of stuff always makes me chuckle when I read it.  Chiefs defense stepping up in the playoffs is as responsible for their superbowl wins as their offense is.

Where is this supposed superstar receiver we just traded whenever we play the chiefs in the playoffs?  oh yea….locked down by the chiefs secondary lol 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Pirate Angel said:

When they traded Watkins and Darby the same belief was had by many

FWIW, I was fully on board with those trades at the time, even though I was bummed to lose Darby. Thought we got a good haul for both, and didn’t think Watkins would be much of a loss. (He wasn’t.)

I wasn’t happy about the Dareus trade, but that one was mostly wishful thinking on my part. Dareus was so good until he lost his motivation. 

As for this trade? I’m not raging out or crying doom & gloom, but I’m not happy either. Just feels like we’re gonna be told that a 2nd next year is just as good as a 1st, when the Bills trade way up to get a guy who’s not as good as Diggs in 2024. Now, if we keep next year’s #1 and hit on our top WR pick anyway? That’ll change my tune a bit. Also if Diggs does nothing in Houston, that would recalibrate this trade for me. 

1 minute ago, Mango said:

Spotrac isn't up to date yet, but I think we get something like $5-10M back in cap space next year. I believe there is still some dead money, but ultimately we get some relief. 

I thought the Bills would have waited until after June 1. I remember that in that scenario the Bills would have gotten $19M in 2024 relief and $5M in 2025.

Houston got draft picks for this year, so couldn’t have been a post June 1.  Wonder what a post June 1 trade would have looked like?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, first_and_ten said:

So draft all defense?

Draft what your team needs. But the Chiefs have invested a lot in their defense, both in the draft and free agency. Anyone who thinks that we should only focus on bolstering the offense is not paying attention to what other good teams do.

Just now, Carmel Corn said:

So who are the supposed top 3 receivers in this year's draft again?  Harrison Jr. and who else?

Brian Thomas makes the most sense for the Bills. It's a more realistic trade up.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

According to this thread the Bills are going to be a dumpster fire next year without Diggs 🤷‍♂️ I'm just deferring to the experts on here.  Bills will obviously suck next year so, pretty attractive draft picks.  If you can do it, and hypothetically get MHJ. I'd say do it.  The Bills have done everything else with this franchise except mortgage their future by trading picks away.  I say let's try that route.

It took you a half second to formulate a response to a question you had no idea how to answer....impressive

LOL   Well anyone that truly believes that A, using Diggs in the slot as Brady did, and that this was a move forward, is delusional.  

Pending our draft wherein if we take a WR that ends up producing, and not riding the bench per McD's MO.