TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Completed

Virgil

With the 31st pick the SF 49ers select Jordan Morgan OL Arizona.  

Can he play tackle is the big question but he can slide right in at Guard while the niners figure that out.  Shanahan prioritizes OL and they are getting older.  LTs can play a long time but not forever!

From Matt Miller "The 49ers were active in free agency, but they didn't do much regarding the offensive line, which struggled throughout the postseason. To me, that signals that the front office sees the draft class as a good opportunity to build there. Morgan played left tackle at Arizona, but he is seen by scouts as a potential guard at the next level. He has 37 games of experience and is a great mover in space. Morgan is a plug-and-play fit in the 49ers scheme."

@NewEra and the Chiefs are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Panthers (Mat68) are on the clock

With the 32nd pick in TSW 1.0 Mock draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select Chop Robinson, DE, Penn St.

The Chiefs are very angry at Hermes for not making their pick, leading to Section122 stealing Jordan Morgan away from them.  With no option to trade, the Chiefs decided to increase their defensive front and bring in Robinson.  

We are on to Round 2!!!

The Carolina Panthers @Mat68are on the clock

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

With the 32nd pick in TSW 1.0 Mock draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select Chop Robinson, DE, Penn St.

The Chiefs are very angry at Hermes for not making their pick, leading to Section122 stealing Jordan Morgan away from them.  With no option to trade, the Chiefs decided to increase their defensive front and bring in Robinson.  

We are on to Round 2!!!

The Carolina Panthers @Mat68are on the clock

Anything to cause the Chiefs pain!

• Like (+1) 1

With the first round over here are some notes:

There were no rbs, safeties, or lbs taken in the first round.  Non-premium positions did not get premium picks.

There were 9 OL and 6 DL.  Almost half the first round went to the trenches.

4 Qbs in the first 11 picks then none after.  As this is a no trade draft, I wonder if the next iteration will feature someone sneaking back into the second half of the first round for Penix or Nix.

6 WRs which would tie the record.

Based only on the sheet in the op: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kKiIOcYaq1A0SI-iV5sNBub4GWz-FyrSHSHMSKqV_SQ/edit#gid=0

Biggest reach - Graham Barton OL Duke 64th ranked picked 26

Best value - Terrion Arnold CB Bama 11th ranked picked 27

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, section122 said:

There were no rbs, safeties, or lbs taken in the first round.  Non-premium positions did not get premium picks.

4 Qbs in the first 11 picks then none after.  As this is a no trade draft, I wonder if the next iteration will feature someone sneaking back into the second half of the first round for Penix or Nix.

Based only on the sheet in the op: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kKiIOcYaq1A0SI-iV5sNBub4GWz-FyrSHSHMSKqV_SQ/edit#gid=0

Awesome summary. Thanks for taking the time to do that!

I think the "no non-premium positions taken in the 1st round" thing both accurately reflects how the real draft will shake out, and shows that we have some smarties on this message board.

And yes...I think that trades being allowed will pretty significantly change how our next 1st round mock looks.

7 minutes ago, section122 said:

4 minutes ago, Logic said:

Awesome summary. Thanks for taking the time to do that!

I think the "no non-premium positions taken in the 1st round" thing both accurately reflects how the real draft will shake out, and shows that we have some smarties on this message board.

And yes...I think that trades being allowed will pretty significantly change how our next 1st round mock looks.

I'm thankful we only allow 3 hours for each pick, trade or not, or else the next two drafts would take forever.  I expect trades galore

• Like (+1) 1

With the 33rd pick the Carolina Panthers select Xavier Worthy, WR, Texas @TPS is now on the clock.

Carolina needs weapons around Bryce Young.  Tepper will see his combine speed and production at Texas and want him.  Should they concentrate efforts to protect their toddler sized qb yes.  Will they probably not. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mat68 said:

With the 33rd pick the Carolina Panthers select Xavier Worthy, WR, Texas @TPS is now on the clock.

Carolina needs weapons around Bryce Young.  Tepper will see his combine speed and production at Texas and want him.  Should they concentrate efforts to protect their toddler sized qb yes.  Will they probably not. 

Another one of my favorites.

Outside of the big four, Franklin and Worthy are my favorites from this class. Nice pick.

Just now, Logic said:

Another one of my favorites.

Outside of the big four, Franklin and Worthy are my favorites from this class. Nice pick.

Mine aswell.  That offense needs alot.  Both thier lines need alot.  They should trade out having another pick in the 30’s.  If on the clock I dont see Tepper passing on Worthy for alot of non football reasons. Ie buzz and ticket sales. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, section122 said:

With the 31st pick the SF 49ers select Jordan Morgan OL Arizona.  

Can he play tackle is the big question but he can slide right in at Guard while the niners figure that out.  Shanahan prioritizes OL and they are getting older.  LTs can play a long time but not forever!

From Matt Miller "The 49ers were active in free agency, but they didn't do much regarding the offensive line, which struggled throughout the postseason. To me, that signals that the front office sees the draft class as a good opportunity to build there. Morgan played left tackle at Arizona, but he is seen by scouts as a potential guard at the next level. He has 37 games of experience and is a great mover in space. Morgan is a plug-and-play fit in the 49ers scheme."

@NewEra and the Chiefs are on the clock.

Thank you for stepping in. I apologize for missing the pick. That's the guy I would've taken so I'm happy about that. Sorry for slowing things down for everyone

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

Was hoping @Hermes would’ve had his pick in by now-  I’m walking into a crazy day at work and I’m not sure when I’ll be able to check my phone to make the KC pick.  I’ll do my best.

3 hours ago, Virgil said:

I have @NewErapick ready to go.  With the draft day starting at 9a officially, @Hermeshas until noon to make his pick.

However, we've started to slow down with some people, so those who take the full 3 hours may not get a full 3 hours each pick.  I want to have all 3 rounds done by Tuesday so we can get 2.0 rolling.

Sorry guys

• Like (+1) 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Patriots (TPS) are on the clock

With the 34th pick in the 2024 NFL draft, the 6-time Super Bowl Champion  (I hope you hate reading this as much as I hate typing it) New England Patriots select:

Tyler Guyton, OT, Oklahoma@gonzo1105 and the Arizona Cardinals are on the clock.

Having taken their QB of the future in R1, the Patriots are extremely happy find Guyton available to protect McCarthy's blind side.  The Patriots are much higher than most teams on the athletic but raw Guyton and would've considered jumping the Ravens had trades been an option.  With former Bill Conor McDermott currently slated in as the starting LT, we expect Guyton to learn the" Patriot Way" quickly and will transition him into the starter's role over the course of the season.  

• Like (+1) 3

35 minutes ago, section122 said:

Really nice first round, everyone.  With the caveat that there are no trades, this seems very close to how it will play out IRL, with the exception of Daniels lasting to 11.  I'd bet we hit at least 7 or 8 picks square on the head...IOW, better than most of the "experts".  

• Like (+1) 1

Btw @Virgil, your "running of the draft" goes back to at least 2018 because my current pick reminds me of my R1 pick in that draft. Can't remember what team I as picking for, but it was late in R1 and they needed a lot of OL help.  Despite the consensus on him, I selected Orlando Brown Jr in R1.  I certainly got panned by a few participants, but he turned out to be a pro bowl player.  Just shows you drafting is as much a crap shoot as it is good evaluation. For me it's the former, not the latter.

Edited by TPS

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Cardinals (Gonzo1105) are on the clock
23 minutes ago, TPS said:

Btw @Virgil, your "running of the draft" goes back to at least 2018 because my current pick reminds me of my R1 pick in that draft. Can't remember what team I as picking for, but it was late in R1 and they needed a lot of OL help.  Despite the consensus on him, I selected Orlando Brown Jr in R1.  I certainly got panned by a few participants, but he turned out to be a pro bowl player.  Just shows you drafting is as much a crap shoot as it is good evaluation. For me it's the former, not the latter.

So this is year 6?  Wow, it's crazy how much it all blurs together

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

So this is year 6?  Wow, it's crazy how much it all blurs together

It might even be longer than that?  That's one of the few things I remember from these drafts, so checking the year he was drafted tells me that was 2018.  I certainly don't remember if 2018 was the first draft I participated in?

40 minutes ago, TPS said:

I had a first on Orlando Brown and never waivered because of the underwear olympics. Dude could play on tape and that is what mattered.

WITH THE 35TH PICK IN THE 2024 NFL DRAFT, THE ARIZONA CARDINALS SELECT:

XAVIER LEGETTE WR UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH CAROLINA

The Cardinals decide to double dip on WR first taking Harrison and following it up with the selection of Legette in Round 2. This has become an offensive league and the Cardinals have failed to invest in the WR room through the draft. They have lost DeAndre Hopkins, Rondale Moore, and Marquise Brown in the last couple of years and its time to restock the cupboard with young talent to see if Kyler Murray is the guy in the future. With the selection of Harrison in the first, this allows the Cardinals to bring along Legette and teach him the finer points of the position. There is no denying his physical attributes as a potential high end WR but will need time to be successful. Legette will start out as WR 3 and could eventually either push Michael Wilson to the bench, start in the slot, or move outside allowing Harrison to work in the inside.

This one is for you Bills fans 😉

@Alphadawg7 is on the clock

Edited by gonzo1105
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

23 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I had a first on Orlando Brown and never waivered because of the underwear olympics. Dude could play on tape and that is what mattered.

Yes, but the difference between us is you are a very serious evaluator, and my method is ad hoc.  I wish I could remember the assessment I relied on, but he said something similar, go by the tape, not the measurements (I seem to recall he flat out bombed the combine, yes?). 

Since I only look at a few highlights for players I'm interested in, I didn't have the steadfast belief that someone like you would have.  I think my picks followed the rankings more closely after that first pick. 😅

Edited by TPS
  • Haha (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Commanders (Alphadawg7) are on the clock
16 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

The Cardinals decide to double dip on WR first taking Harrison and following it up with the selection of Legette in Round 2. This has become an offensive league and the Cardinals have failed to invest in the WR room through the draft. They have lost DeAndre Hopkins, Rondale Moore, and Marquise Brown in the last couple of years and its time to restock the cupboard with young talent to see if Kyler Murray is the guy in the future. With the selection of Harrison in the first, this allows the Cardinals to bring along Legette and teach him the finer points of the position. There is no denying his physical attributes as a potential high end WR but will need time to be successful. Legette will start out as WR 3 and could eventually either push Michael Wilson to the bench, start in the slot, or move outside allowing Harrison to work in the inside.

"See if Kyler Murray is the guy in the future,"? Bro, you got Kyler ready to square up:

midget-funny-fight-fist-scared-running-a

With the 36th pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Washington Commanders select:  Ladd McConkey, WR, Georgia

CLICK HERE FOR HIGHLIGHTS

Our plan was to look IOL here or Edge, but our targets are all off the board.  Gave heavy consideration to cornerback TJ Tampa as well, but ultimately we could not pass up an attempt to replace Samuel with the best pure route runner in the draft and give our new QB an excellent weapon to grow with.  Ladd has maybe the highest floor of any receiver in the draft and we just couldn’t pass up the opportunity to add a player of his caliber to our new look offense.  He can beat you in all 3 phases of the field and we can’t wait to see him and our new QB hit the field together. 

@BigdaddyinOrlandoand the LA Chargers are on the clock!  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 7

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Chargers (BigDaddyInOrlando) are on the clock
1 hour ago, gonzo1105 said:

I have a hard time seeing Cardinals take another WR here with all the issues they have.  They may very well take another WR, but not this high after using the 4th pick on MHJ.  This draft is sooo deep at WR, no need to ignore all the other major roster issues to double up this early IMHO.  

• Agree 1

With the 37th pick the LA Chargers select Edgerrin Copper Lb Texas AM

With the second wave of receivers picked off the chargers select a playmaking speed and tenacious lb. He will need to improve his reads so as to not over pursue and work on his run tackle technique, but his speed and energy are a fantastic starting point.

The Tennessee Titans @MrEpsYtown are on the clock

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I have a hard time seeing Cardinals take another WR here with all the issues they have.  They may very well take another WR, but not this high after using the 4th pick on MHJ.  This draft is sooo deep at WR, no need to ignore all the other major roster issues to double up this early IMHO.  

Value brother value. They suck. Their roster sucks. They need a pass rusher and there are none with value. They need a DT that’s a reach, a LB to me is a reach. The only other area I could go is IOL which they def need but I can get guys later. It’s about talent gathering right now. 

Right now their starting WRs right now are Harrison(pending they take him), Michael Wilson and Greg Dortch. I guess I’d you think Wilson could be more down the line than that’s great but right now their WR and the rest of their roster sucks. They don’t need a starting tackle they have Paris Johnson and signed Jonah Williams. If Chop Robinson was there he’d be my pick. I’m not going to force a need at a lesser position. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Titans (MrEpsYtown) are on the clock

With the 38th pick in the TSW Mock Draft 1.0 the Tennessee Illegal Forward Passes select Patrick Paul, OT, Houston

I considered DL and LB here, but I love this fit for the Titans. Paul is a pure left tackle left on the board and I honestly like him better than some of the tackles who went ahead of him. This may seem like a reach, but the Titans are all over him and he fits what they are looking for. In fact, new HC Brian Callahan was asked about what type of Olinemen he is looking for and he said he is looking for linemen who "are great in pass protection, can anchor, and have great length." Thatś Paul. He started 44 games at Left tackle for Houston in an Air Raid system. He can really pass protect. Paul is 6´7 1/2¨, 331 lbs, and has 36.25-inch arms. He has the length, the size, and the athleticism. Of course air raid guys typically lack in the run blocking acumen, but Paul is going to work for Bill Callahan, widely considered the best in the business. Callahan also teaches the tip of the spear, force deflection technique which is a lot less old school ¨low man wins¨ stuff, and all about length and using leverage and hips. Tip of the Spear stuff is based in jujitsu concepts and Paul even has a martial arts background. Paul is the perfect type of piece of clay for Callahan to mold. Finally, Paul crushed it at the senior bowl and killed it in one on ones and in the run game. He was mauling people in the run game all week. The second tier or OTs is why I went with the BPA in Nabers in round one. I would rather have Nabers and Paul or Morgan etc than have Alt and Keon Coleman or whoever else is left. That puts an end to my draft as our third-round pick went Arizona in a trade up last year for Will Levis and Tyjae Spears. 

@Mat68 and the Carolina Panthers are now on the clock!

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Value brother value. They suck. Their roster sucks. They need a pass rusher and there are none with value. They need a DT that’s a reach, a LB to me is a reach. The only other area I could go is IOL which they def need but I can get guys later. It’s about talent gathering right now. 

Right now their starting WRs right now are Harrison(pending they take him), Michael Wilson and Greg Dortch. I guess I’d you think Wilson could be more down the line than that’s great but right now their WR and the rest of their roster sucks. They don’t need a starting tackle they have Paris Johnson and signed Jonah Williams. If Chop Robinson was there he’d be my pick. I’m not going to force a need at a lesser position. 

There are 2 DBs I can see them taking here and some IOL guys before double dipping at WR.  I do think they take more than one in this draft, just don't see it here.  But I get your logic as well.

Honestly, I think Legette is going to go later than most people think.  I think he is probably going to last until mid 2nd and would not surprise me at all see him on the board when we pick at 60.  He is an intriguing prospect no doubt, just don't think he is going as early as people think.  I would absolutely take him at 60 though if he was there.  

• Disagree 1

11 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

There are 2 DBs I can see them taking here and some IOL guys before double dipping at WR.  I do think they take more than one in this draft, just don't see it here.  But I get your logic as well.

Honestly, I think Legette is going to go later than most people think.  I think he is probably going to last until mid 2nd and would not surprise me at all see him on the board when we pick at 60.  He is an intriguing prospect no doubt, just don't think he is going as early as people think.  I would absolutely take him at 60 though if he was there.  

I already took a DB. At 27 I took Terrion Arnold out of Alabama. The only other guy I considered was an IOL. It’s okay you’re mad you prob wanted him I’m guessing. 

My draft so far is arguably the best player in the draft in Harrison, arguably the top CB in the draft in Arnold and a raw project athletic freak. I’d say I’m doing just fine with how I’m drafting. 

Im sure if you told Cardinal fans they’d walk away with Marvin Harrison, Terrion Arnold and Xavier Legette they’d be jumping to the moon. 

• Agree 2

20 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I already took a DB. At 27 I took Terrion Arnold out of Alabama. The only other guy I considered was an IOL. It’s okay you’re mad you prob wanted him I’m guessing. 

My draft so far is arguably the best player in the draft in Harrison, arguably the top CB in the draft in Arnold and a raw project athletic freak. I’d say I’m doing just fine with how I’m drafting. 

Im sure if you told Cardinal fans they’d walk away with Marvin Harrison, Terrion Arnold and Xavier Legette they’d be jumping to the moon. 

Ah I misread the draft and didnt see you took a CB already, so sorry about that.  And no, I didn't want him, I am not sold Legette is a WR1 in the NFL yet.  I was only talking from Cardinals perspective in friendly convo.  

Im not hating on your draft bud, even said I get your logic, I am just draft talking in general.  I do think Cardinals go another direction with that pick than WR, just my opinion, doesn't make it right or wrong.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Ah I misread the draft and didnt see you took a CB already, so sorry about that.  And no, I didn't want him, I am not sold Legette is a WR1 in the NFL yet.  I was only talking from Cardinals perspective in friendly convo.  

Im not hating on your draft bud, I am just draft talking in general.  I do think Cardinals go another direction with that pick than WR, just my opinion, doesn't make it right or wrong.  

Im being very friendly. I guess I don’t understand what your catch is then. I took an inferior prospect in your opinion. You should be thrilled that I did it and at a position I already have to boot. 

Just now, gonzo1105 said:

Im being very friendly. I guess I don’t understand what your catch is then. I took an inferior prospect in your opinion. You should be thrilled that I did it and at a position I already have to boot. 

Ok man, was just chatting the pick up.  You seem to be rubbed the wrong way about it, all good.  

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Panthers (Mat68) are on the clock

With the 39th pick the Carolina Panthers select Zach Frazier, Center, West Virginia.  @Alphadawg7 is now on the clock.

Center is a gaping hole was a consideration at 33.  With a small qb interior oline is vital imo.  Frazier would be a home run. 

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

With the 39th pick the Carolina Panthers select Zach Frazier, Center, West Virginia.  @Alphadawg7 is now on the clock.

Center is a gaping hole was a consideration at 33.  With a small qb interior oline is vital imo.  Frazier would be a home run. 

He was my other possible pick at 35. I really like him as a plug and play guy 

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Commanders (Alphadawg7) are on the clock
20 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Bastard, he was who I was about to snag ha

21 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Ohh nice fit there. Perfect spot. 

1 hour ago, BigdaddyinOrlando said:

With the 37th pick the LA Chargers select Edgerrin Copper Lb Texas AM

With the second wave of receivers picked off the chargers select a playmaking speed and tenacious lb. He will need to improve his reads so as to not over pursue and work on his run tackle technique, but his speed and energy are a fantastic starting point.

The Tennessee Titans @MrEpsYtown are on the clock

Passed over Payton Wilson to take Cooper? 

This Mock is highlighting my concern about waiting until 60 or trying to trade up from 60 for WR.

I do believe, as this exercise has shown, that 9-10 WR's are going to go by Pick 40. I would be disappointed if the 1st WR we took was outside of my Top 9 guys or so, which are the 9 WR's selected by 39 in this Mock. I'd also be disappointed to give up the Diggs pick or other '25 2nd for anything outside of my Top 4 or 5 guys.

We have to take a guy at 28 (thankfully we did in this mock), trade up from 28, or do a very small trade down from 28 (no later than 35) at the absolute most - in my opinion. 

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, H2o said:

Passed over Payton Wilson to take Cooper? 

Some people have Cooper over Wilson, they are both super athletic, Wilson has more experience and was way more productive. Cooper doesn’t have the injury red flags. I think it’s a pick your flavor situation. DJ has Cooper as the 26th best player in the draft. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

This Mock is highlighting my concern about waiting until 60 or trying to trade up from 60 for WR.

I do believe, as this exercise has shown, that 9-10 WR's are going to go by Pick 40. I would be disappointed if the 1st WR we took was outside of my Top 9 guys or so, which are the 9 WR's selected by 39 in this Mock. I'd also be disappointed to give up the Diggs pick or other '25 2nd for anything outside of my Top 4 or 5 guys.

We have to take a guy at 28 (thankfully we did in this mock), trade up from 28, or do a very small trade down from 28 (no later than 35) at the absolute most - in my opinion. 

A agree with this. Although I don’t think more than 6 going the first rd. I do think a run will happen right away on day 2 

With the 40th pick in the 2024 NFL draft the Washington Commanders select:  Cooper Beebe, OL, Kansas State

Having started outside and moved inside, Cooper has dominated everywhere he’s lined up.  We love his versatility and ability to protect our new QB for years to come.  

@mrags/@Virgiland the Green Bay Packers are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 4

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Packers (mrags) are on the clock

with the 41st pick in the 2024 NFL draft, the Green Bay Packers select:

T’Vondre Sweat, DT, Texas

choosing BPA on my board here. Believe he’s going to be an absolute monster for many years. Im a fan of beefing up the trenches and I believe I’ve done that with these first 2 picks. 

Houston and @stinky finger are on the clock. 

• Like (+1) 2