Poyer talks about 13 seconds

25 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Still blows my mind the bills defense was defending the sidelines when kc had 3 timeouts left. Like Wtf? 

They were defending the big play. Hill had them terrified.

The final 3 plays of the 4th quarter. 1st is Hills 64 yard TD play and the next 2 were 13 seconds.

IMG_4129.webp

IMG_4130.webp

IMG_4131.webp

• Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Beast said:

It has been beat to death about the squib kick. There is a reason the ST coach was fired and Leslie didn’t come back. 

yep that was 1000% on the idiot ST coach who did not the get the squib call in.   McD was a class act to not throw him under the bus.  

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Obviously not, you’re here like the rest of us. 

….with a smile on my face. I’m not still stewing over something that took place in a football game years ago. 

19 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

I'll keep posting this:

1) A colossal failure on the part of the Coaches. 

2) See #1 

100% correct and it’s really not debatable. 

• Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Just Jack said:

4) some Bills players and coaches were already celebrating on the sidelines like the game was over

I'm long over this.  Saw the game on NFL Network last night. Josh AND Mahomes were both magical! Anyone who bashes Josh because he didn't beat Mahomes would be like bashing Marino because he couldn't beat Kelly - they're both in the HOF!! (and Marino was better).

But to point #4 above - I would have been celebrating too - my defense isn't going to allow 40 yds on 1-2 plays to allow the Chiefs to tie! I would have mugged (held/tackled) Kelce & Hill on both plays (Def Holding - 10 total yds in penalties). It would have allowed the Chiefs a Hail Mary attempt at worst or a last ditch untimed down at best.

20 hours ago, Just Jack said:

I'm just gonna keep posting this anytime someone brings up that game....

Several factors contributed to the loss

1) 13 seconds

2) they had all three time outs left

3) they had Patrick Mahomes, Travis Kelce and Tyreek Hill

4) some Bills players and coaches were already celebrating on the sidelines like the game was over

5) they only needed a FG to tie and go to OT. 

Regardless of who they had and the timeouts 

you cannot play soft like that and just give them layups 

Sean and Frazier blew an all time great performance by Josh Allen 

sad 

20 hours ago, T master said:

Blaming that loss on McD is the same as blaming the super bowl loss to the Giants on the kicker Norwood . 

Ummm Sean was a big reason we lost 

when is the HC accountable for anything if not that? 13 seconds and him and Frazier go into a complete soft shell 

they lost the game 

20 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

I'll keep posting this:

2) See #1 

How this gets downvoted is unbelievable 

if the coach cannot be held for responsibility for 13 seconds then what the hell can he be judged on 

just wild some of you refuse to put blame at the feet of Sean for Anything

he blew an iconic performance by Josh, absolutely blew it  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

Nice subjective reading.  He said "we all made mistakes."  He included himself.  Not just McDermott.

There is no question the team wasn't prepared for the moment, and that of course is on McDermott.   However, he said "we all made mistakes, and the clear implication is that a lot of different people could have done things differently.  

The voice of reason; going to be a long six months!

• Like (+1) 2

21 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Everything falls at the feet of coaching. If “we all made mistakes” than coaching didn’t prepare them like they should have. 

That's nonsense. And very convenient nonsense for someone who wants to blame the coaches.

By that logic, no mistake could ever be blamed on the players.

By that logic, if the coach said "In situation A, take action B," and he said it many times, but the player still didn't do it, well, "everything falls at the feet of coaching." That's just nonsense.

• Vomit 1

20 hours ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Poyer: " and you just see really how much more like connected [the Chiefs were] and they were just way better than us in that time."

Why were the Chiefs so much better than us in that time ?

The buck stops at McDermott.

He's the HEAD coach !

Maybe coaching yes, but did you ever consider he was also saying the players were all better?  But I get it, that wouldn't fit your narrative.

25 minutes ago, Einstein said:

If you can read Poyers quotes and not understand that he is gently pointing the blame at coaching, then you’re purposefully ignoring it.

Of course coaching wasn’t the only contributor. There were several. But coaching was the vast majority. 

That Poyer quote about the squib kick and allowing a screen for 30 yards is about as clear as a player can get without saying “yeah the coaches screwed up”.

This rule has never been called and never will be called. 

Teams do this all the time in crunch situations.

This rule is just an excuse people glammed onto once they realized we made a mistake by not holding.

Again, flat-out nonsense.

What he was saying is that several mistakes were made.

If you take that for him blaming the coaches, it just tells what you want to believe. You came in wanting to blame the coaches, so if nobody is blamed you figure it must be the way you see it.

Confirmation bias. Classic stuff.

The evidence we have isn't conclusive, but best guess on the kick is that it's on the STs coach, because he was let go. And Levi Wallace has said it was on him and his communication with Poyer on the second offensive play. Nobody's really made it clear about the Tyreek play. The coaches are certainly due for their share, though it's not clear they get all of it. 

3 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Maybe coaching yes, but did you ever consider he was also saying the players were all better?  But I get it, that wouldn't fit your narrative.

Yeah, this really is part of it. 

How come the Chiefs D couldn't even begin to shut Allen down the last four or five drives? He was simply playing too well, out of his mind.

Same with the Chiefs as well. 

Still, you'd think they could have gotten a kick squibbed. How come the kicking team clearly thought it was a squib and were shocked when it went in the end zone. 

But both offenses were simply playing offense as well as it could be played. If we'd won that coin flip, we'd have won that game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

That's nonsense. And very convenient nonsense for someone who wants to blame the coaches.

By that logic, no mistake could ever be blamed on the players.

By that logic, if the coach said "In situation A, take action B," and he said it many times, but the player still didn't do it, well, "everything falls at the feet of coaching." That's just nonsense.

In this case it was coaching.  Defending the sidelines and giving that cushion when all they needed and wanted was a FG attempt.  It was the wrong scheme to play given the situation.  Romo called it out, it made no sense.  They should have done a squib, they should have played the receivers at the LOS...the staff effed it up.  The fact Poyer says we all made mistakes really points to his character and being a team player, not wanting to throw people under the bus.  He  has relationships with these people.  

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Just Jack said:

I'm just gonna keep posting this anytime someone brings up that game....

Several factors contributed to the loss

1) 13 seconds

2) they had all three time outs left

3) they had Patrick Mahomes, Travis Kelce and Tyreek Hill

5) they only needed a FG to tie and go to OT. 

Ah, the rationalization power of a Bills fan knows no bounds.

It's a product of over a half century of failure.

21 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

I'll keep posting this:

2) See #1 

In other franchises, McDermott doesn't survive the 13 seconds.

Here, he's apparently hired for life.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 2