NFL Season's Second Game on Peacock and not National TV

sleeby

Wow.  The NFL did not get dejected by poor numbers in the post season peacock game last season.  Eagles in Brazil is the game.  

Also, Amazon prime will get the same with a playoff game.

😠

Edited by sleeby
Corrected as second game of season
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Angry 1

5 minutes ago, sleeby said:

Wow.  The NFL did not get dejected by poor numbers in the post season peacock game last season.  Eagles in Brazil is the game.  

😠

Why would the Eagles have the first game of the season? As the defending champs, it has to go to Kansas City. 

Edited by PetermansRedemption

This is not the opening game which will be KC v someone. This is the 2nd game the next night which the NFL is trying to market by the peacock crap again. Lucky for me I could care less and will be at a concert outdoors ignoring their BS again

• Like (+1) 7

5 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Why would the Eagles have the first game of the season? As the defending champs, it has to go to Kansas City. 

I think they meant the Eagles opener which will be played Friday Sept 6th in Brazil. The league is deciding if it will be the Packers or Browns as the opponent. The Chiefs play Thursday Sept 5th.

27 minutes ago, corta765 said:

This is not the opening game which will be KC v someone. This is the 2nd game the next night which the NFL is trying to market by the peacock crap again. Lucky for me I could care less and will be at a concert outdoors ignoring their BS again

21 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I think they meant the Eagles opener which will be played Friday Sept 6th in Brazil. The league is deciding if it will be the Packers or Browns as the opponent. The Chiefs play Thursday Sept 5th.

That KC would host on TNF makes sense as it is usually the case, but this article makes it sound like it is the NFL Season opener which is confusing:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/soccer/nfl-season-opener-and-playoff-game-won-t-be-shown-live-on-national-tv/ar-BB1kzPmH?ocid=entnewsntp&pc=U531&cvid=a46d88c562ee48a5b5c17e376e48a1f4&ei=19

• Like (+1) 1

New England should have been one of teams there since New England Patriots Awarded Brazil as a Global Markets Program Territory.

NFL Marketing screwed up.

38 minutes ago, sleeby said:

😠

Please correct subject.   Misleading.

• sleeby changed the title to NFL Season's Second Game on Peacock and not National TV
1 hour ago, Metal Man said:

That KC would host on TNF makes sense as it is usually the case,

Minor technicality: the Thursday NFL Kickoff is actually "SNF" since it is on NBC. "TNF", "SNF", and "MNF" refer the to the primetime broadcast packages awarded to the NFL's partners no matter what day the games are actually shown on.

The NFL has games on cable TV which you have to pay for and when games were exclusively on NFLN that was often a channel with an extra charge, I don't see the issue with them putting games on a streaming service that costs money. Yes I am very exhausted of having so many different streaming services but in the end it is a business not a charity. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 hours ago, sleeby said:

😠

NBC claims they kept a large percent of the people who signed up for the service for the game and seem quite pleased by the number of subscribers. The people caught up on 'viewers' are focused on something other than the business value. That's fine, but it's not what the NFL or NBC care about.. they certainly didn't expect more viewers than broadcast TV.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

As long as NBC is wiling to pay them likely even more than they'd get for putting game on regular TV, not a really a big issue for NFL.  Yes they'd like higher viewership, but more importantly is the money they are getting.

And as other have commented, there are plenty other games on platforms other than broadcast, so just one more.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Punching Bag said:

New England should have been one of teams there since New England Patriots Awarded Brazil as a Global Markets Program Territory.

NFL Marketing screwed up.

Actually, based on last year, wouldn't they have a BETTER chance of successful marketing if they DON'T see them play?

19 hours ago, corta765 said:

When the NFL says "pay money for channel x or you can't watch this game" I respond by NOT watching game and pursuing any one of my  1 million other interests in life.  It's important that most NFL fans respond in kind, so the message is sent that this won't work.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

When the NFL says "pay money for channel x or you can't watch this game" I respond by NOT watching game and pursuing any one of my  1 million other interests in life.  It's important that most NFL fans respond in kind, so the message is sent that this won't work.

So you haven’t watched Monday Night Football since 2005? (It switched to ESPN in 2006)