PSL Pricing/Seat Selection Discussion

4 minutes ago, RkFast said:

Then a boat. Or putting a pool and patio with kitchen in your yard. Or maybe a second "hobby" car, like a Vette or some classic car. Or if youre me and really into cycling, a pro-level road bike ($12-$14K). 

A PSL is no different than stuff like the above in that its part of the "cost" of the thing that one enjoys for recreation. And if youre one of those folks who make going to Bills games in OP a priority in your life for fun and rec time with friends and family, this is the current price of participation in 2024. Thats not to sound callous...it sucks that so many things have gotten expensive. 

to most people a car is a necessity. The other things along with Bills games are hobby's and luxury's.

• Agree 1

I dubbed PSLs Permanent Sucker Licenses long ago when Baltimore levied them.  My friend held his PSL for probably 10+ years and sold it below cost.  All the promises that they were an investment didn't materialize.  And the fine print that most didn't understand here was that you had to continue to buy season tickets.  If you failed to buy tickets or sell the PSL, it would be forfeited back to the team.  Hence Permanent Sucker Licenses.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If they are going to ask for $20k to $50K PSLs then they should of built a dome. That was the reason I figured they didn't even try to build the dome, because they would have to charge stupid money and the area couldn't afford it.

I was going to buy season tickets myself as I plan on being retired and back in Buffalo by the time the Stadium is built, but definitely will not now. I'm also not going to worry about missing games because I don't have that streaming service. I'm reaching my breaking point of what I think is a logical price to pay to watch Pro-Football

I hope many Bills fans are in the NFW category

Edited by ddaryl
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

29 minutes ago, nucci said:

to most people a car is a necessity. The other things along with Bills games are hobby's and luxury's.

Bills game not a necessity? Don’t tell my wife that, been telling her for 28 years Bills before her! 

3 minutes ago, wjag said:

I dubbed PSLs Permanent Sucker Licenses long ago when Baltimore levied them.  My friend held his PSL for probably 10+ years and sold it below cost.  All the promises that they were an investment didn't materialize.  And the fine print that most didn't understand here was that you had to continue to buy season tickets.  If you failed to buy tickets or sell the PSL, it would be forfeited back to the team.  Hence Permanent Sucker Licenses.

If someone bought PSLs as an investment , it ain’t a team problem promising to much , it’s a him/her problem not being bright enough to understand the realities of the marketplace. 

i would say the moment Josh retires ( unless Bills get crazy lucky and get another franchise QB) PSLs will be had for somewhere between. 25 and 50 cents on the dollar price paid today.  

and of course you have to buy the tickets. You own those seats. If you don’t buy them, team can’t sell them. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, ddaryl said:

If they are going to ask for $20k to $50K PSLs then they should of built a dome. That was the reason I figured they didn't even try to build the dome, because they would have to charge stupid money and the area couldn't afford it.

I was going to buy season tickets myself as I plan on being retired and back in Buffalo by the time the Stadium is built, but definitely will not now. I'm also not going to worry about missing games because I don't have that streaming service. I'm reaching my breaking point of what I think is a logical price to pay to watch Pro-Football

If you want to sit if the fanciest seats and at midfield, then it’s $20k! Do you sit in the fanciest best seats in the house when you go to games now?  If not why worry what those folks are paying. It’s their money, spend it how they wannt. 

as mentioned over and over , 20k is for CLUB SEATS ,MIDFIELD , HEATER, GREAT  FOOD , SPECIAL  ENTRANCE , BETTER POTTIES ,BAR TABS , HIGH END BOOZE PROLLY EVEN SMOKING HOT 26YEAR OLD BARTENDERS AND SERVERS BRINGING DRINKS TO YOUR SEATS ! 

if ya don’t have those things or are willing to pay for them, your PSL will be DRAMTICALLY lower.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

I'm glad I watch at home. I live on the west coast so season tickets are not even an option. 

I'm glad I got to go to a lot of games as a kid. 

I have to admit that with all the gambling $$$$$ involved these days; it would be hard to invest so much in a league that claims in court defense to be an 'entertainment' business like Championship Wrestling. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

If you want to sit if the fanciest seats and at midfield, then it’s $20k! Do you sit in the fanciest best seats in the house when you go to games now?  If not why worry what those folks are paying. It’s their money, spend it how they wannt. 

as mentioned over and over , 20k is for CLUB SEATS ,MIDFIELD , HEATER, GREAT  FOOD , SPECIAL  ENTRANCE , BETTER POTTIES ,BAR TABS , HIGH END BOOZE PROLLY EVEN SMOKING HOT 26YEAR OLD BARTENDERS AND SERVERS BRINGING DRINKS TO YOUR SEATS ! 

if ya don’t have those things or are willing to pay for them, your PSL will be DRAMTICALLY lower.  

Some are still in shock over $7/month for Peacock 😂😂😂

• Haha (+1) 7

4 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Yep its their money.. I'm just getting tired of it. Never a fan of PSLs and I am not interested in upper deck seats that are affordable. Sick and tired of prime time games on different streaming services and I don't think diehard lifelong fans should be priced out of the better seats 

Spend your money... I would not, I do not see the value, and I hope others fell this way to

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

Can you sell the PSL to anyone other than the Bills?

To add onto the fine answer from @Mr Info you won’t be able to sell a PSL back to the Bills. They will reacquire and resell PSLs that are defaulted on, but they won’t be buying them back from holders. 

11 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Some are still in shock over $7/month for Peacock 😂😂😂

Great analogy

A better one would be paying $500 for the 'right' to purchase Peacock at $7/month. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, wjag said:

I’ll say this about the PSLs. Your friend that had his and sold them below cost. Was that below the cost that he paid? I’d say of course you aren’t going to get exactly what you paid. He did attend games for 10+ years did he not? I’m curious as to how much he paid for a PSL, then how much he got for them 10 years later. Can’t expect you wouldn’t have to to cover some of the cost of going to games for 10 years for nothing. 

But you better believe this right now. If they charge me $5k a PSL and they then win the Super Bowl that year, you better believe you will make a profit off them if you sell. But low, sell high. Don’t wait until Allen is gone and they suck again, you’ll be left holding the bag. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

Yep its their money.. I'm just getting tired of it. Never a fan of PSLs and I am not interested in upper deck seats that are affordable. Sick and tired of prime time games on different streaming services and I don't think diehard lifelong fans should be priced out of the better seats 

Spend your money... I would not, I do not see the value, and I hope others fell this way to

So what’s the solution? The Bills are a business. Should they not get what the market will support? Should there be a designated number of “rent controlled” seats like NY apartments? If so, what’s the number? What’s the appropriate way to handle the situation other than pricing the stadium to have supply and demand intersect?

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

So what’s the solution? The Bills are a business. Should they not get what the market will support? Should there be a designated number of “rent controlled” seats like NY apartments? If so, what’s the number? What’s the appropriate way to handle the situation other than pricing the stadium to have supply and demand intersect?

Forget it. People won’t ever accept that there will be plenty of seating options for them to go to games. They just want to complain that they can’t sit mid field, 20 rows up, under cover of elements for $100/game anymore 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, mrags said:

I’ll say this about the PSLs. Your friend that had his and sold them below cost. Was that below the cost that he paid? I’d say of course you aren’t going to get exactly what you paid. He did attend games for 10+ years did he not? I’m curious as to how much he paid for a PSL, then how much he got for them 10 years later. Can’t expect you wouldn’t have to to cover some of the cost of going to games for 10 years for nothing. 

But you better believe this right now. If they charge me $5k a PSL and they then win the Super Bowl that year, you better believe you will make a profit off them if you sell. But low, sell high. Don’t wait until Allen is gone and they suck again, you’ll be left holding the bag. 

My best memory is that he paid 3500 per PSL and had four seats for a total of 14K.  He sold the four seats PSL for 11K.  The issues may be different in LA or NY, but I suspect small market teams won't recover initial costs.

5 minutes ago, wjag said:

My best memory is that he paid 3500 per PSL and had four seats for a total of 14K.  He sold the four seats PSL for 11K.  The issues may be different in LA or NY, but I suspect small market teams won't recover initial costs.

So he basically paid 3k in PSLs for 10+ years of use. That’s not terrible. Of course things are likely different now. But besides the point. He made more than enough money back after attending games for 10 years. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 3/26/2024 at 10:51 AM, mrags said:

You better believe that as soon as ticket prices around the league have risen to the point of unattainable by the real fan, they will raise tv rates. It’s 100% a guarantee. In fact it’s probably Their end game. There’s way more money in it that ticket sales. 

More likely the NFL Network will carry ALL games with most if not all being PPV.

30 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

So you say yourself “ upper deck seats that are affordable”. 

Guess you never fly cause sounds like you ain’t willing to pay to sit in first class, and economy does not provide those same amenities. 

now, if I paid the $20k and the bartender was some fifty year old fat dude vs a smoking hot young lady, then I might get my hair all up in a dander! 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DieHardFan said:

More likely the NFL Network will carry ALL games with most if not all being PPV.

Perfect. Hope it happens. Then I can cancel a lot of streaming and cable services that I don’t need and just buy Bills games PPV. If I’m not already there that is with my crazy PSLs 

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

So you say yourself “ upper deck seats that are affordable”. 

Guess you never fly cause sounds like you ain’t willing to pay to sit in first class, and economy does not provide those same amenities. 

now, if I paid the $20k and the bartender was some fifty year old fat dude vs a smoking hot young lady, then I might get my hair all up in a dander! 

Let’s be real. You want the 50 year old fat dude in a kilt. Oh crap. That’s @JÂy RÛßeÒ

• Haha (+1) 1

On 3/26/2024 at 10:53 AM, muppy said:

Yes they will. And I do think that is reasonable. But my buddy who has had season tickets since 1986 has told me that trying to buy seasons to resell to pay for profit never has worked.  Recoup funds yes, Profit no. SO a small fortune to attend an NFL game. Yippee 🎉  *sigh*

Depends on where they are, had 4 STs in S114 R1 on the aisle and moved to S135 R5 2 years ago (thinking senority and section would matter) and have sold 3 for most games for the last 7 -8 years and got my seat and made an average of $3K yearly with a max of $5K. And that's after TM fees and markup.