PSL Pricing/Seat Selection Discussion

7 minutes ago, lookylookyherecomescookie said:

Honest question- how many Bill's fans would opt for 'cheap' Ralph Wilson, 'spartan' stadium (as it was described when it opened), no PSL, and tickets priced below league average.  (I would, but suspect I am in a minority).

Different time and era. The league would probably pressure the Bills to move if they stayed in the current stadium. Many of the owners commented on the Bills in recent years that it is a great football market, but they need a new stadium to maximize revenues in the WNY. New stadiums, PSL fees, increased tickets prices is the way of life now in the NFL. The league has been marketing themselves in other countries to build their wealth. Sucks for the average fan who will be priced out but that is the reality now.

Edited by Gregg
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, eball said:

PSLs are nothing new, and Bills fans have been blessed with not having to be in that environment for far longer than most NFL fans.  Those who can afford it will buy, and those who can't, won't, but acting as though one is "owed" something just for being a STH in the cheapest stadium in the country for years comes off as whiny and entitled.

As long as there's a decent product that new stadium is going to be filled...believe me.

I think it may be filled yes. But with a lot less season tickets holders who refuse to pay the price for that "license" There will be push back on this.

However The NFL will find a way to score our money of of we fans  I have no doubt.  We will all pay one way or the other. Jack up our NFL television subscription rates for all we out of Towner's and folks who will give up their season tickets.  That's coming.

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

You think a game ticket that costs $100 today(STH cost) will be $120 in the new stadium?

Yes, that's my pure speculation.  If they're going to get 2-5x for the PSL, they're going to keep the season tickets reasonably within reach of what they are now.

I think a $100 ticket now will be $120 in year 1.
I think a $200 ticket now will be $240 in year 1.

I think a $300 ticket now will be $360 in year 1.

Secondary market prices are going to shoot up.  Those that bought season tickets and paid for the PSL are going to try and recoup some of that PSL fee.  Individual game tickets sold by the team directly may increase more... but I think season tickets remain with reach.

Edited by DasNootz
  • Disagree 3

3 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Different time and era. The league would probably pressure the Bills to move if they stayed in the current stadium. Many of the owners commented on the Bills in recent years that it is a great football market, but they need a new stadium to maximize revenues in the WNY. New stadiums, PSL fees, increased tickets prices is the way of life now in the NFL. The league has been marketing themselves in other countries to build their wealth. Sucks for the average fan who will be priced out but that is the reality now.

You're probably right. Just read in the Washington post comments about NCAA basketball tournament that I think applies here. "Like so many wonderful traditions in America, this one will die at the hands of money".

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DasNootz said:

Yes, that's my pure speculation.  If they're going to get 2-5x for the PSL, they're going to keep the season tickets reasonably within reach of what they are now.

Secondary market prices are going to shoot up.  Those that bought season tickets and paid for the PSL are going to try and recoup some of that PSL fee.

You are out if your mind. 

• Agree 5
  • Haha (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, DasNootz said:

Pure speculation - new ticket price will be within 20% of  current.  I think they'd lose too many season ticket holders if they package a PSL fee and huge jump.  5 years from now I can see the season prices being double what they are now.

I think i have read in a couple places they are doubling. @Mr Infoextrapolate can confirm for us. But I also think mistake to extropoate anything from the club prices

4 minutes ago, muppy said:

I think it may be filled yes. But with a lot less season tickets holders who refuse to pay the price for that "license" There will be push back on this.

However The NFL will find a way to score our money of of we fans  I have no doubt.  We will all pay one way or the other. Jack up our NFL television subscription rates for all we out of Towner's and folks who will give up their season tickets.  That's coming.

You better believe that as soon as ticket prices around the league have risen to the point of unattainable by the real fan, they will raise tv rates. It’s 100% a guarantee. In fact it’s probably Their end game. There’s way more money in it that ticket sales. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DasNootz said:

Secondary market prices are going to shoot up.  Those that bought season tickets and paid for the PSL are going to try and recoup some of that PSL fee.

Yes they will. And I do think that is reasonable. But my buddy who has had season tickets since 1986 has told me that trying to buy seasons to resell to pay for profit never has worked.  Recoup funds yes, Profit no. SO a small fortune to attend an NFL game. Yippee 🎉  *sigh*

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, muppy said:

Yes they will. And I do think that is reasonable. But my buddy who has had season tickets since 1986 has told me that trying to buy seasons to resell to pay for profit never has worked.  Recoup funds yes, Profit no. SO a small fortune to attend an NFL game. Yippee 🎉  *sigh*

Until Josh Allen came along it was a loss every year.  The preseason games are what kill you, because there's next to no market for them.  If I'm strategic with regular season games I can generally profit off of the individual games I choose to sell, which supplements the games I attend.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, lookylookyherecomescookie said:

Honest question- how many Bill's fans would opt for 'cheap' Ralph Wilson, 'spartan' stadium (as it was described when it opened), no PSL, and tickets priced below league average.  (I would, but suspect I am in a minority).

I would assume the majority 

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/23/2024 at 5:47 AM, Spiderweb said:

20K to 50K for the better seats so far. I know these are the way of life for quite some time but I can't help but to feel these are the ultimate slap in the face. Billionaires come to taxpayers to fund much of their stadiums, then insult them and make them pay huge sums just to have the right to buy season tickets. One time purchase? OK, but it's a big one. It's not like the tickets themselves are free.

Ouch.. posted on wrong board again.. should be on Stadium Wall.

This doesn't have anything to do with the players getting $300 Million + contracts does it ?? 🤔 I believe its all relevant .

New Stadium, QB prices, Insurance payments for drunken fan happenings, then NYS taxes which are some of the highest in the country, I can't imagine how much that costs for up keep on all of that each year . 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

My seat is free and it comes with great food, endless beer, and a private restroom. Oh, and it has a roof!

The only problem here is that you often have to listen to Tony Romo say over and over again, "I want you to watch....." 😂

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Bob Jones said:

The only problem here is that you often have to listen to Tony Romo say over and over again, "I want you to watch....." 😂

I watch all games with volume off. I don't need someone telling me what is happening then after the play another person telling me what I just saw

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Why would other owners care how much $$$ the owner(s) of the Bills rakes in? Shouldn't they mind their own effing business?

• Disagree 3

Just now, Bob Jones said:

Why would other owners care how much $$$ the owner(s) of the Bills rakes in? Shouldn't they mind their own effing business?

$$$. That is why they care. Don't they all have revenue sharing. They want the Bills making as much money as possible. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, muppy said:

Take last yearas a for instance. If ya sold the Opener, Miami, and Cowboys..getting 3x the price of the ticket . But those are also the games most people want to go to so there is that trade-off.

Giants game was prolly  2X---Then those night games for Denver and Tampa...if ya even  broke even after all fees etc you considered yourself lucky. 

Once Josh retires/Bills get bad again, back to praying/hoping you can break even on the season if ya need to sell a game or two

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, lookylookyherecomescookie said:

1000% I would.