Anyone else feeling pretty good with the Bills?

16 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't feel great that the Championship window is very wide for us in 2024… I think an AFCCG in 2024 would probably be a bit of overachievement.

Agreed.

I think is likely our weakest roster since 2020.

• Agree 2

I feel reasonably confident with our chances to win the AFCE, but I don't think we're going to start out the season as a championship team. If we have a chance of making it to the SB, they're going to need to continue building throughout the season, which I believe they will. That's McDermott's "process," and Beane's philosophy. And I feel pretty good about that.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

As long as the Bills have Josh Allen as QB there’s a chance of winning a championship.
As long as the Bills have McDermott as HC, I don’t think it will ever be probable.  

Underrated post

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Considering all the personnel losses on both the Bills and the Dolphins, I think the Bills still shape up as the better of the two.  But the Jets seem to be doing the right things to build up their roster, so I would rate the chances of the Bills winning the AFCE at 80%.  Not a sure thing, but very likely.

But getting to the SB with all these key losses?  Not likely at all.  Right now I'd guess the Ravens, Texans, Bengals and oh yeah the Chiefs all look better, overall.

1 hour ago, TheWeatherMan said:

As long as the Bills have Josh Allen as QB there’s a chance of winning a championship.  

I used to think this. Especially after 13 sec. Now it’s more ‘As long as the Bills have Allen there’s a chance of winning the division’. Winning a championship will depend on a lot more than having Allen as qb.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

HAHA, what!?

They let Gabe walk, cut Morse and traded Bates. 

Signed Curtis Samuel. 

I understand we do the bare minimum at times for Josh Allen, but the standard shouldn’t be so low that this has been considered an offense-centric off-season thus far. 

Really? Gabe being gone is now an issue.  This place is funny. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I think, the defense is critically under manned. No depth at nearly all positions. Any significant injuries and Josh will once again have to play at a superhuman level just to break even. Really concerned about DT, DE, safety, CB.

6 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Really? Gabe being gone is now an issue.  This place is funny. 

Has nothing to do with the concept I was replying to .. the idea that the Bills are going in on Offense at the expense of Defense.  

…they clearly, so far, have not done that. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

I think, the defense is critically under manned. No depth at nearly all positions. Any significant injuries and Josh will once again have to play at a superhuman level just to break even. Really concerned about DT, DE, safety, CB.

DE is going to be dependent upon Von more than likely.  It is what it is.  Although if it’s a disaster recovery and he just doesn’t have it anymore, we have 10M post 6/1 to address that. 

DT, we just signed a guy who’s better than any of the depth we had last year behind Jones and Oliver. 

I’m fine with Elam as CB3.. I think his entire situation has been bizarre and he clearly has talent.  Hopefully it clicks with new coaching.  

But depth is going to be found in the Draft.  We don’t have the luxury of spending money on above average vet depth all over the roster. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Has nothing to do with the concept I was replying to .. the idea that the Bills are going in on Offense at the expense of Defense.  

…they clearly, so far, have not done that. 

We need to turn to a offensive mindset for 2024.  We do need to get better on the D side of ball, but we have lost the last two years because our offense was not dominant.   Improving the WR quality standards on this team is a must "priority 1" matter.  We can't have a stud QB and have substandard WR's.  Digg's is a liability and needs to be addressed via the Draft.  So the draft will give us some insight on this team if it has learned from the losses in the playoffs.  

Face it, our D-Line always disappears in the playoffs with this team, so to combat this you go all in on Offense this year.

We need to wait to see what happens draft weekend.  That will make or break this year.

Edited by Toyo321

9 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Milano and Bernard at LB is a bright spot (along with Johnson). Still, I see a defense that is not going to be the reason we win games this season. 

Everyone's assuming that Milano will be 100% or close to it.  It's concerning that he wasn't able to put any weight on his injured leg for two months.  That's a long time for a reportedly simple break of his tibia.  That's not normal.  

5 hours ago, FireChans said:

Miami did not get stronger. Wilkins was their best DL player by a mile. 

Miami's not a concern.  No matter how good they are, we typically go 2-0 against them.  The playoff game against Thompson was a little bit of a wake-up call, but otherwise no matter how good Miami is or isn't, we beat them.  We're 11-1 after Allen's first start against them and our only loss was that ridiculous heat game a couple of seasons ago where we actually seriously outplayed Miami but lost 21-19 anyway.  

5 hours ago, Nephilim17 said:

Samuel will be far more consistent as than Davis. Book it.

And the Wings are better in Buffalo than they are in France too.  

;) 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Nephilim17 said:

We can revisit it quarterly if you like. I'm not shy about that. And I won't be shy about apologizing if I, and many others, are wrong. Unless he gets hurt, he will regularly outperform Davis. He's just way more versatile and explosive and won't have as many drops. 

I don't think that's a ridiculous take. If anything, your take is the outlier. Could you be right? It's possible. But I don't think it's likely.

Samuel's a lot of hype here for a WR that's averaged fewer than 500 yards per season and an average of 3 TDs/season.  

He may have a drop or two fewer, but Davis averaged a TD for every 6 receptions.  Samuel's averaged a TD for every 15 receptions.  

Drops, or lack thereof, don't win games.  TDs/points do.  That seems to be lost on many.  

Perhaps most concerning is that there's yet another Carolina connection.  Have any of those worked our for us.  This "familiarity" thing ... LOL  

Edited by PBF81
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Samuel's a lot of hype here for a WR that's averaged fewer than 500 yards per season and an average of 3 TDs/season.  

He may have a drop or two fewer, but Davis averaged a TD for every 6 receptions.  Samuel's averaged a TD for every 15 receptions.  

Drops, or lack thereof, don't win games.  TDs/points do.  That seems to be lost on many.  

Not sure TDs/reception is the best way to compare Bills players to others imo

This offense generates a lot more TDs than your average 

4 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

I feel reasonably confident with our chances to win the AFCE, but I don't think we're going to start out the season as a championship team. If we have a chance of making it to the SB, they're going to need to continue building throughout the season, which I believe they will. That's McDermott's "process," and Beane's philosophy. And I feel pretty good about that.

If we can't at least win this miserable Division then it's time for some really major changes.  

We own Miami and the Jets and Pats, until further notice, both suck.  

16 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Everyone's assuming that Milano will be 100% or close to it.  It's concerning that he wasn't able to put any weight on his injured leg for two months.  That's a long time for a reportedly simple break of his tibia.  That's not normal.  

That’s a fair concern. Seems like a much more unusual injury than a regular break. If he can’t get back to his usual self then we will have issues at every level of the defense. 

• Thank you (+1) 1