IOL Depth…

Removing Bates & Morse from the roster leaves the Bills with Edwards, McGovern & O’Torrence on the IOL(unless I missed a FA signing…or one of the guys listed at OT can also be a viable IOL backup).

Unless they sign a couple of names before the draft, I would think IOL will be a Day 2 or early Day 3 priority. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Removing Bates & Morse from the roster leaves the Bills with Edwards, McGovern & O’Torrence on the IOL(unless I missed a FA signing…or one of the guys listed at OT can also be a viable IOL backup).

Unless they sign a couple of names before the draft, I would think IOL will be a Day 2 or early Day 3 priority. 

They also have Alec Anderson that can play IOL and they like him a lot. I believe he's the one that made Bates expendable.

I do agree that Day 3 we likely see some OL taken. They way it sits at the moment I can't see one on day 2 as we only have one pick that day and still have needs at WR and the DL. But if a guy they love is sitting there anything is possible for sure 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

A center with the ability to play guard could be an earlier pick than expected. This class is loaded with them.

or a guard that can shift to center - eric wood.

i still dream of the draft getting creed humphrey instead of basham.

imagine in an alternate universe we had Teller, Humphrey (at guard moved to center this year), with Dawkins & formerly Morse?!

3 minutes ago, boyst said:

imagine in an alternate universe we had Teller, Humphrey (at guard moved to center this year), with Dawkins & formerly Morse?!

Creed is a bit overrated IMO.  The guy's snaps are in Mahomes shins half the game!! I'm surprised he puts up with it 

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I would not be surprised if IOL is a spot that the Bills throw a couple of Day 3 picks at. I hope they add a decent backup in FA at some point. As I see it they’ve got Van Demark backing up the OTs and pretty much no one backing up the OGs. Anderson has done nothing. It’s just speculation due to the Bates and Morse moves that he is a viable backup. I think it’s a hole on the roster. But one that should be fairly cheap to fill. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

57 minutes ago, boyst said:

I wanted Creed Humphrey that draft--  not sure why because I never followed him in college. 

I believe he also has played C in his 3 years with the Chiefs

59 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Creed is a bit overrated IMO.  The guy's snaps are in Mahomes shins half the game!! I'm surprised he puts up with it 

ok, then in '22 we took Linderbaum instead of Elam.

Cut Morse and save money after '22.

Linderbaum moves to center.

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

He isn't the best snapper, but he is a darn good blocker. 

• Agree 1

Jackson Powers is an option at 28.  Play center or guard.  Closer to the size of Torrence instead of Morse.  Maybe Fraizer from WVU at 60.  The team obviously likes McGovern.  Seems like he is excited to play center.  The open spot is at guard.  Who ever is drafted probably starts their career at LG even if they can play center. I think they can find a player in the 4th that is projected as guard only who could start early.  Early drafted guys are those with flexibility across the line.  Simply being a guard will push them down a bit.  

They are not drafting an IOL in the first round. 

Mid-rounds for sure, but if the IOL class is deep why would they spend and early pick on one? That mindset makes no sense. 

They are going to take big swings in the first and second rounds...WR then DL or vice/versa.  

They will have to be wary of RT Spencer Brown's impending free agency. Hopefully, they bring him back, if not they will have to start looking for his replacement. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Brane was at the Alabama pro day. They have a couple guys that could be late round depth.

5 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

I would not be surprised if IOL is a spot that the Bills throw a couple of Day 3 picks at. I hope they add a decent backup in FA at some point. As I see it they’ve got Van Demark backing up the OTs and pretty much no one backing up the OGs. Anderson has done nothing. It’s just speculation due to the Bates and Morse moves that he is a viable backup. I think it’s a hole on the roster. But one that should be fairly cheap to fill. 

I keep forgetting that we didn't get the chance to pick Nick Broeker on our practice squad... dang you Texans!

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

They also have Alec Anderson that can play IOL and they like him a lot. I believe he's the one that made Bates expendable.

I do agree that Day 3 we likely see some OL taken. They way it sits at the moment I can't see one on day 2 as we only have one pick that day and still have needs at WR and the DL. But if a guy they love is sitting there anything is possible for sure 

Do you know what they think about Kevin Jarvis?  He's listed on some sites as an OT, but Draft Diamonds had this to say about him and the Bills have him listed as a G:

https://nfldraftdiamonds.com/2022/04/kevin-jarvis/

5 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

They must have really felt Van Demark came on as a swing tackle.  We seem pretty thin there to me as well.

Our starting OLmen hung amazingly tough last year.  The OLman who missed the most snaps last season (knock wood!) was Dion Dawkins - who still played >96% of the snaps!  Morse played 97%.  We should be as lucky this season, so I agree we need to invest.

• Agree 1