Does Josh Allen still work as hard in the offseason?

42 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

...and play golf.  What part of "OFF-season" is so hard to understand?

No, it's not obvious.  You assume it does because he wins

No one else holds a receiver camp for their teams during the offseason. That’s obvious to me. 

3 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Mahomes has a golf handicap of 8 (7.7 to be exact).  How did he improve his golf game to the point of having a handicap of 7.7 if "every moment of his week" is working on getting better" as a quarterback? [for comparison, Josh Allen has a golf handicap of 9; maybe Mahomes is working harder at golf than Allen is?]

Man, he’s better at two sports? Jeez Louise.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

...and play golf.  What part of "OFF-season" is so hard to understand?

No, it's not obvious.  You assume it does because he wins

He has Andy Reid is why it’s obvious 😂 

7 hours ago, 90sBills said:

No one else holds a receiver camp for their teams during the offseason. That’s obvious to me. 

Josh has done this multiple times.. you just always hear or see it 

15 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

Josh has done this multiple times.. you just always hear or see it 

Not to the extent that Mahomes is doing it. It’s basically an ota session without the coaches. He even has draft prospects working out with him during these camps. So him and KC get to scout them first hand and see which fits their system. Not sure how that’s legal to be honest. 

47 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

Not to the extent that Mahomes is doing it. It’s basically an ota session without the coaches. He even has draft prospects working out with him during these camps. So him and KC get to scout them first hand and see which fits their system. Not sure how that’s legal to be honest. 

Teams work out prospects so not against league rules as far as I know. They have 30 visits pre draft.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/20/2024 at 10:07 PM, SoonerBillsFan said:

Honestly as long as he keeps performing well on the field, he csn do what he wants.  We all know he takes winning and being the best he can seriously. 

I feel at his age ( both real age and how many years playing)  its more Quality work vs. Quantity 

Agreed.  I really don’t care how much he works out as we don’t know everything, and he always seems to look in shape come TC.  He doesn’t miss voluntary OTA’s unless he’s excused.

3 hours ago, ScotSHO said:

Brady told Josh he was looking fat once, so I assume Josh doesn't follow the TB12 method and has basically given up.  

The TB12 method might have included things over than protein shakes 😂 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 3/23/2024 at 12:08 AM, 90sBills said:

Keep doing it.  Sky Moore and Mecole Hardman were whiffs of 2nd round picks.  Rashee Rice is the only one that they've seen to hit on.

9 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Keep doing it.  Sky Moore and Mecole Hardman were whiffs of 2nd round picks.  Rashee Rice is the only one that they've seen to hit on.

I doubt KC is complaining too much about it given the success they’ve had. We complain about Davis and Shakir around here. Those guys are all world compared to Moore and Hardman. Just hard to believe KC has won back to back while the Bills haven’t even sniffed the Superbowl. Just unbelievable. 

4 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

He's busting his ass working on his short game. Never too early to prepare for next February.

You’re talking about 5 yard crossers right? 😅

On 3/22/2024 at 9:33 AM, QLBillsFan said:

Right! This thread is a joke. None of us know how hard he does or doesn’t work. Based on his performance, leadership, and toughness it appears he works very hard.
And off season is just that-off season. Name a QB who gives more of his heart, soul, and body than Josh? You just don’t see him posting “work outs” all over social media. He needs more rest and to do other things in part of the offseason so that he’s sharp from preseason on. Both physically and mentally. I’m 💯 certain he works out plenty and that he also travels around and has some fun. Suggesting he can’t do both is ridiculous! 

I agree with this take. He takes almost as much punishment as an RB1 and throws the ball 35-40 times a game for 20-ish games a year.  There isn’t a human on the planet that can withstand that kind of abuse and continue to be successful in game 19 and 20 without being in peak physical condition.  To suggest otherwise I personally think is insane.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1