Does Josh Allen still work as hard in the offseason?

On 4/10/2024 at 1:34 PM, 78thealltimegreat said:

I was going to say the final word on this comes from Gabe who basically said the people that think Josh doesn’t work with his guys in the off season was total bs he just doesn’t have a camera shoved in everyone’s face for social media to look at. This whole thread was an embarrassment. 

I know this much,  Gabe and Josh Allen were not on the same page a lot last season.    Must've worked too hard on it.   

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Not only this, Sal Capaccio reported on his podcast tonight that Josh was on a retreat somewhere with the WRs and TEs. So it's already happening... and it's likely always been happening more than people think... and people are idiots.

People think a quarterback who went from a small school with little experience... Turned into an all pro quarterback with a crappy work ethic lol

I'll tell you what... He definitely works a lot harder than Sam darnold and Baker Mayfield and Josh Rosen

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

When is Josh's contract up again? I would not be surprised if he asks for a trade when it's up. I would not blame him. Just wasting one of his prime years. By the time we get this team built back up to something again, he may be 30. Unreal.

I have not totally given up hope since Shakir, Cook and Kincaid were coming along nicely last season, but I can't sit here and say I am overall feeling good either.

13 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

When is Josh's contract up again? I would not be surprised if he asks for a trade when it's up. I would not blame him. Just wasting one of his prime years. By the time we get this team built back up to something again, he may be 30. Unreal.

I have not totally given up hope since Shakir, Cook and Kincaid were coming along nicely last season, but I can't sit here and say I am overall feeling good either.

I agree, if I was Josh I would ask for a trade to a team that prioritizes offense.  We desperately needed wr in the deepest draft in decades at wr and in 3 rounds walk away with Coleman.  A team that has not drafted a WR in round 3 or above over the last 5 years.  Mcdefense sucks

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Aimee75 said:

Um....if Josh's contract is up, he does not have to ask for a trade.  If a player's contract is up, they are a free agent.

5 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

People think a quarterback who went from a small school with little experience... Turned into an all pro quarterback with a crappy work ethic lol

I'll tell you what... He definitely works a lot harder than Sam darnold and Baker Mayfield and Josh Rosen

I don't think outworking Darnold, Mayfield, and Rosen (he's out of football, right?) is the standard we want our hoped-for Champion QB to aspire to.

But I understand your point about work ethic

Edited by Beck Water

3 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Um....if Josh's contract is up, he does not have to ask for a trade.  If a player's contract is up, they are a free agent.

I don't think outworking Darnold, Mayfield, and Rosen (he's out of football, right?) is the standard we want our hoped-for Champion QB to aspire to.

The criticism Allen gets hard worker Jalen Hurts just one year ago was supposedly the number 2 qb in the league according to the top 100 list. Anyone wanna take Hurts over Allen now? 

9 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Not only this, Sal Capaccio reported on his podcast tonight that Josh was on a retreat somewhere with the WRs and TEs. So it's already happening... and it's likely always been happening more than people think... and people are idiots.

Yes about 20 people on this board blame him for a 20 million dollar kicker missing an extra point length field goal it’s what they do.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Baker Mayfield was also a college walk on...

And was known for a world-class work ethic... You don't go from walk on at Texas tech 

To Heisman trophy winner at Oklahoma, without busting your ass

Did he keep that work ethic in the pros? Maybe not 

But it's clear that Josh has kept that same work ethic to me... Because if you're not progressing in the NFL... Your regressing 

And Josh I think is still a player on the ascent

They're just aren't cameras in his face for every single workout

• Like (+1) 2