DE Austin Johnson visiting the Bills today - UPDATE: DaQuan Jones says we got him

Maybe @pennstate10 can give us some insight on him.   I know Jerry Sandusky used to help recruit some of these guys starting in middle school.

Edit: I apologize for all these Nittany Lions haters this post drew out @pennstate10.   They hate ya' because they ain'tcha'.   I think it's that.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Dislike 1

16 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Sneaky good signing. 

Agree. Now, if Beane can somehow sing Blackmon, we could go into the draft with a lot of firepower to get one of the top WR.

On 3/20/2024 at 1:39 PM, Warriorspikes51 said:

sign him and trade a late round pick for another DT that's capable 

would love to sign Calais Campbell for a year if he wants to come here.  We had a visit scheduled with him before he signed in ATL last year.

Dude is 37 and still had 6.5 sacks last season playing all 17 games 

Dang I’m getting old, I remember wanting to draft Calais Campbell 

Bills defense will be better than last year because Milano is such a huge factor and Bernard should be better in his 2nd year starting. Hyde and Poyer were great Bills but their best years are behind them. We need youth at safety and Douglas will be better than any corner we had in 3 years and he’ll be here a full season. If Miller can give us improved play, which shouldn’t be unrealistic because he stunk last year, the DL should be better. Better pressure, better run defense with a healthy DQ, Milano and improved depth with Johnson, and a better secondary with Edward’s, Douglas and a round 1 or 2 safety or corner. 

• Like (+1) 5

59 minutes ago, HankBulloughMellencamp said:

wow, a great signing!

this is teaching tape on how you maintain gap control, then make plays off that!

the last few plays show him with some nice wins vs. Morse/McGovern in the last Chargers game 😧

You're right!  Watch the Cover 1 video.  The guy has great strength, standing up and holding his ground, then uses his hands to slip the block one way or the other to bring down the running back.  Over and over he does it.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I like every move Beane has made wxcept bringing back Epenesa.

Even with all that, I still go WR, Edge, Safety top 3 picks. Then a Punter in round 5. 

Disagree Epenesa has proven he’s a game changer and we didn’t pay him a lot. Beane has done a fine job outside of his safety situation. I would’ve waited on signing Rapp and Edwards. After the draft and all your needs are filled outside of starting safety there are going to be bargain starting safeties still available. I’m not a huge Samuel fan either because I’ve seen what he is but if Brady wanted him and can use him right that’s fine. Still need a #1 WR for Josh in this draft

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

This might be the one year I'm okay with trading our 1st in the following draft to move up.  We have a good understanding of what our gaps are for the next few years, so if Beane see's someone he can lock up now, go for it.

I think this is more true. If he continues to lock up positions of “need” with some of these moves he’s making, I could see him using a 1st next year along with any other ammo he has to move up into the 10-15 range and make a move for MHJ, Nabors, or Odunze, whoever falls to that range. It’ll depend on how the draft plays out but I think this is more of a possibility than trading next years 1st for multiple 2-4th rounders this year. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, peterpan said:

Dang I’m getting old, I remember wanting to draft Calais Campbell 

Yeah I remember Calais being viewed as the future potential #1 overall in the 2008 draft back in June of 2007..........and after a bunch of prospect fatigue and paralysis by overanlysis a lot of the draftniks were surprised he even went in the second round because they had started looking at him as an early day 3 prospect.  :doh: