Deja Vu all over again - Offseason Jets talk

krf139

6 hours ago, Success said:

Honestly, the Pats have a better case for contending in '24.  Most of their games were close in '23.  The Jets were beaten handily in most of their games.  They looked terrible.  Getting AR back will turn them into a top contender?

But neither of those teams are a threat. The AFC East is still Bills & Miami, and the Bills are better.

It will be so satisfying when, after all this buildup of the Jets and Dolphins, the Bills win the AFC East yet again.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

GMFB went on for like 20 min about how some jets fan sent mike Williams a breakfast sandwich during his visit. wtf 

Did they say whether Williams nomm'd down on it?

At one point after he'd been here a year or two Cole Beasley revealed that when he landed in Buffalo to do his physical and sign after agreeing to his deal, some fans met him at the airport with chicken wings.  The host of the show asked kind of incredulously "did you eat them?"  Beasley said "yeah, I ate them - they were GOOD!"

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, White Linen said:

I don't think people understand how badly coached they are on offense. 

26 minutes ago, CSBill said:

This!

>>> "Next play, Rodgers runs bootleg right, everyone get out in front of him, and protect, PROTECT, PROTECT!"

<<<  "Yes, Mr. Johnson!  Someone get upstairs and disconnect his guddam headset! "

16 hours ago, MJS said:

It's just stupid to make a comment like that. The best thing to say is, "The Jets look to be much improved and maybe they have a shot at the division, but they have to prove it by going through Buffalo. As of now they own the AFC East."

To go out and say they are better than anybody is just ridiculous.

Even if the Jests were good enough to win the AFCE, that's just the start of the playoff gauntlet.

15 hours ago, Gregg said:

JD wasn't behind the Rodgers signing. According to all the media reports both he and Saleh wanted Carr. It was Johnson who wanted Rodgers. So, if Rodgers doesn't work out for them then Woody has only himself to blame.

I didn't pay much attention to how Rodgers was lured to the Jests, but as they began adding Rodgers' pals, it seemed likely.

Owners who think they're football geniuses never blame themselves.  

• Like (+1) 1

"IF" Arron Rodgers isn't done... they might actually have a good season. Tough to believe that an older QB coming off a bad leg injury will have a great season.

But, they can run the ball well and play good defense...we will see.

15 hours ago, White Linen said:

I don't think people understand how badly coached they are on offense. 

Could you expand a little bit on this? 

I'm not a Nathaniel Hackett fan, but he did have two outstanding years with Rodgers in Green Bay.

Of course, that was with 37 year old Rodgers, not the 41 year old "post Achilles" version, and he legit had outstanding talent at RB and WR with Aaron Jones and Davante Adams.

I really like Garrett Wilson, but Jets paying $12M to Allen Lazard and signing Mike Williams, Not Same Thing.  I like Breece Hall, too, but he's no Aaron Jones.

Edited by Beck Water

1 hour ago, Nihilarian said:

"IF" Arron Rodgers isn't done... they might actually have a good season. Tough to believe that an older QB coming off a bad leg injury will have a great season.

But, they can run the ball well and play good defense...we will see.

Who is the Jets OL though?  Who have they added there?

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Tyron Smith, who was a second-team all-pro last season.

Quality player.

But 34, missed 4 games last season and 13 games the season before.  Hasn't played more than 13 games of a season since.....2015?

So that's LT, who's the rest of the line?

On 3/20/2024 at 12:27 PM, Doc said:

Norman’s always hated the Bills. 

Yeah, ever since Bruce took his head off.

I was watching part of his show today and he was whining about all the injuries the Jests had last year. He totally ripped the Bills against the Chiefs last season, but never mentioned that half the starters on defense was hurt. 

He can really be an idiot.

• Agree 1

On 3/20/2024 at 12:13 PM, corta765 said:

This is where I am at. The media fawning over an organization that has constantly proven to be one of the worst for decades in football is astonishing. They get a benefit of the doubt in a way virtually no one else does because of NYC.

At a prism I do think they are actually bigger threat currently then Miami as I like a lot of the moves they made compared to Miami and I think they take Miami's playoff spot this year. The defense is solid and offense improved the line while having a good amount of playmakers. I don't think you will ever see MVP Rodgers again, but if he is even top half of the league they will win games and be a thing. With that said there are many reasons to legitimately question what they can do.

No league sells hope like the NFL in the offseason which is what makes it such a fun league.

This is the same verbal vomit that gets spewed throughout the media every off-season.......and the Jets are the same old Jets, year in and year out.

• Like (+1) 1