Jeremiah has us taking a DT at 28 in his latest mock

13 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Darius Robinson feels like a possible pick if we don't go WR. As has the height we like at DE but can also move inside on passing downs. Yet again until.roster filled out tough call what we draft first and of course who's available.

Please no. Another guy who plays multiple spots but doesn't really make any impact at any of them.

• Dislike 1

Just now, OldTimer1960 said:

Basham was mainly a DE and drafted late 2nd.  Oliver is a fine player.  Are you talking about Harrison Phillips who was picked in the late 3rd?  

I'm talking about the inordinate amount of resources they've poured into the defensive line yes

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

If they pull off DT Jer'Zhan Newton or Byron Murphy and then also get someone like WR Franklin or Leggete in the 2nd it would be a home run.

If I knew it was any combo of DT/WR of these four players I’d kick back and enjoy the rest of the draft without a care in the world 

17 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Darius Robinson feels like a possible pick if we don't go WR. As has the height we like at DE but can also move inside on passing downs. Yet again until.roster filled out tough call what we draft first and of course who's available.

This is one of the reasons I prefer him to Chop if they choose that direction. Myself, I strongly hope they go WR, and wait till the second to grab a DT.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Most of the WRs fans are ok with at 28 will be there deep into the 2nd round. The Bills will get one.

The best WRs in a a deep draft are still going before #60. If you tell me for sure Legette will be there, then go ahead and take the DT, but no one can know that.

25 minutes ago, H2o said:

And gives the Chiefs Adonai Mitchell. :lol: Can't see us taking a 3-tech in Round 1 when we have Oliver. Dude is clueless.  

I agree with you, we aren’t drafting Ed’s backup.  I didn’t even see who that is yet, but we will draft a guy who will be seeing more of the field. As for Jeremiah, I wouldn’t call him clueless. I think he’s one of the better ones out there, but has a financial obligation to crank some stuff out. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Sure, you might find the 8th, 9th or 10th best wr, get a guy with average speed or hands. But is that REALLY addressing the position?

Sun shines on a dog's ass now and again. Unfortunately, our guy isn't either of those guys, is he?

My point is if he’s a talented guy and fits the need, take him. 

30 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

DT is a great idea. I don’t understand why fans hate DL so much.

Because we want to make a Super Bowl run and after years of investing most of our money and draft capital into the line it hasn’t worked. Time to invest in Josh since he’s the only reason we win it all

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

We need a good wideout on a rookie deal

Explain why we need another first round pick on the defensive line

If you watch the Bills defense you understand why DT is important.

The WRs are just as good in the 2nd round as they are in the first round at 28. Well let me rephrase that. If Brian Thomas is there it’s an easy pick.

Im also good with a trade up in the 1st for a WR. But staying at 28 or even trading back some, DT makes sense in that late 1st early 2nd range. Also getting a WR in the 2nd.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Basham was mainly a DE and drafted late 2nd.  Oliver is a fine player.  Are you talking about Harrison Phillips who was picked in the late 3rd?  

….and turned out to be good enough that he got a big offer and we couldn’t afford to keep him. 

Edited by Augie

8 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

If that were in their plans, they wouldn't have signed Mike Williams today to an up to 15m contract to go along with Garrett Wilson. 

It's called going all in as imagine Saleh knows he's gotta get the Jets in playoff or he's gone, same as the GM.