Justin Fields traded to Steelers

34 minutes ago, buffblue said:

Agreed, but as much as I hated the Russel Wilson move this is a great deal for Pittsburgh. Hopefully Fields doesn't put it together and add to the AFC qb gauntlet

Pittsburgh gets to foot the contract now. Bears saw the market dried up and just wanted out. He's pretty terrible.

7 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

6th rounder which can become a 4th rounder ? I didn't think we was perceived around the league so poorly

I think most people with an average brain could see he sucks.  Pretty sure most NFL teams do as well 

1 minute ago, Bferra13 said:

Pittsburgh gets to foot the contract now. Bears saw the market dried up and just wanted out. He's pretty terrible.

He's without question better than anyone on their roster last year, as well as the vet minimum worthy Wilson. Pittsburgh can more than afford to pick up his option. What I don't get is the reporting I now see that he is not in a QB competition. If that's the case, why make the deal at all? 

21 hours ago, Roundybout said:

Steelers are gambling that Russ can help develop him. 

Russ is gonna develop Russ. If he plays well Steelers resign him. If he struggles Fields gets a shot. But make no mistake Russ isn’t helping  Fields he’s not know as a team guy. 

Edited by QLBillsFan
  • Thank you (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

6th rounder which can become a 4th rounder ? I didn't think we was perceived around the league so poorly

It’s his cap hit. How much was Chicago willing to eat?

Just now, FireChans said:

It’s quite expensive for a bad QB who can’t pass.

Well, when you're the Steelers and a) are not in a position to land one of the top prospects in the draft and b) your previous QB had no upside with 13 tds in 25 games, it doesn't sound so bad to me

Just now, buffblue said:

Well, when you're the Steelers and a) are not in a position to land one of the top prospects in the draft and b) your previous QB had no upside with 13 tds in 25 games, it doesn't sound so bad to me

They won’t pick it up.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

They won’t pick it up.

Maybe not but it's not like it's some prohibitive figure that is going to doom them for multiple years.

So long as Mike Tomlin is coach, the Steelers will be just good enough to lack the ammo to get a top qb. What are they going to do next year after they finish 9-8 and Wilson sucks balls again? 

11 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Man, the Bears front office is so reminiscent of the Bills drought braintrust.   @PromoTheRobot would be like a pig in sh!t shouting down rightfully angry fans and defending that clown show. 😂

Well, look where we got Jauron from!!!

And for unaware posters, you knew Jauron would suck as a coach and said so almost the very second Levy signed him (Jauron was like his clone in many ways). The two of them had a special team/secondary love fest and ignored OL and QB and yes, some fans defended them. 

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1