Bills Host DT Sebastian Joseph-Day on Visit

2 minutes ago, TD716 said:

6’4 310lbs . Would be nice add

I have a buddy that size. He has back problems.           😋

But I’d never want to line up across from him. If he just fell on me once it would be a nightmare. 

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Malazan said:

8276281_orig.jpg

I’ll give you that one, but I need to be graded on a curve. The wife is away, and I have the son’s dog on top of my two. Our puppy loves having a fresh victim.  I may have self-medicated a bit.   🤷‍♂️

In case this could in the future be held against me, I was kidding, of course. 

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1

2018 Draft Profile:

Overview

Three-year starter with an excellent motor to go along with above average toughness. Joseph's athletic ability and quickness serve him well as a run defender, but he is unlikely to be much of a factor as a pass rusher on the next level. Joseph will need to add mass, but he's got a shot to fit into a rotation as either a three-technique or shade nose in a 4-3 defense.

Strengths

Plays with very good quickness off the snap. Impressive 4.97 forty at his pro day with a 10-yard split to match. Quick hands, strong hands. Flashes two-gap sensibilities with ability to punch, spy, and disengage. Plus agility to scrape along the line to mirror the runner. Explosive lateral burst to snare running backs from the backside. Never stagnant with relentless motor. Good feel for blocking schemes and attacks his attacker. Makes impact tackles near the line of scrimmage.

Weaknesses

Lacks pass rush production relative to his athletic ability. Was often subbed out on obvious passing downs. Has played nose at Rutgers and could face move to three-technique in pros. Could use more mass and anchor at the point of attack. Can be stalemated when facing quality strength across from him. Was unable to impose his will against Michigan State's Brian Allen. Needs twists and games to help him get off the mark as a rusher.

• Thank you (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, papazoid said:

played with SF last year

PFF rank #64 of 130 interior defenders (DT's)

#81   Tim Settle

#129 Jordan Phillips

Played 14 games for the CHARGERS last year, was a team captain and had just signed an extension. He got cut when the coach was axed because they wanted to give young players a shot and they knew they were going to be purging the cap this year. Picked up by SF at the end of the year. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Per Spotrac he played for 49rs last year on a 1 yr(s) / $2,700,000 contract. They show his base at 2.7M but his cap hit at 400k. How does that work? I don’t spend much time looking at these numbers. Thanks

13 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I am happy we are looking at him. He wrote one of my favorite piano concertos. 

Wasn’t that Harpsichord…

• Haha (+1) 1

I'd like this signing a lot, but that should be it for vet DTs. I hated beane's strategy of going five deep with vets at DT last year. Just burning money. Sign one guy and then draft one or two on day 3.