Derrick Henry to Ravens - 2yrs - $16M (up to $20M), $9M guaranteed this year

This is a move that I do think makes the Ravens better…how much is yet to be seen, but seems like a no brainer fit.  Makes the Saquon deal look even worse IMO.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Well it was always him or Saquon unless they missed out on both. 

Maybe if they get to the AFCC they won’t lose their identity and throw the ball 80% of their plays again…

• Like (+1) 1

• Alphadawg7 changed the title to Derrick Henry to Ravens - 2yrs - $16M (up to $20M), $9M guaranteed this year
Just now, Allen2Diggs said:

If $10 Million per year is the high end of the RB market, I think we can afford a cheap power back to compliment James Cook later in free agency like Dobbins, Foreman, or AJ Dillon.

I hit agree if the right bargain is there, cuz with 11 picks we can also draft a cheap one.  

2 minutes ago, BBFL said:

Well it was always him or Saquon unless they missed out on both. 

Maybe if they get to the AFCC they won’t lose their identity and throw the ball 80% of their plays again…

That was suxh a bizzare gameplan.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I would rather have Henry at $8M than Barkley at $12M.  So not sure what the Eagles were thinking if they could have had Henry for 2/3rds the price.  

I mean, I get it to an extent; Saquon is a absolute 3 down back that isn’t overlooked in the passing game. Henry, whilst a beast in his own right, isn’t that dynamic a receiving threat. 

Probably had to pay more than anyone else to secure his services?

• Agree 1