Allen restructured

11 hours ago, Virgil said:

Interesting.  I would have assumed we'd have saved more, but I guess that means we are under the cap now.  

Who's left at this point?  I would think only Oliver.  I don't want us to touch Diggs and kick the can down the road, unless he wants to give some money back like Knox and Von (doubtful).

I'm wondering when we give him a new overall deal though. He's well worth more than his deal.

Taron is a candidate 

Ed just got a new deal last year. Idk if I'd touch it but in Beane I trust

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Agree 1

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Not for long.  I’d imagine he’ll get a new contract rather soon like next offseason. 

I know a Josh signing an extension next year seems to be the talk on the board, but I don't see why it needs to be.

He is signed through the 2028 season with a current cap hit that year of $45M.

Beane could easily just restructure $20M or so again next year.

I see Josh getting the extension at the end of the 2026 season.  He would have $15M-$20M in void year money then.

That's a good time for a new contract.  Heck, Mahomes already has way more than that at the end of his contract.

14 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Guys, we aren't that much under the cap. 14.8 over, Josh gets us over the cap, then say 12 mill for the other 2 deals. Then subtract AJ's money.

We aren't flush with cash.

Not flush with cap, ownership has proven the Bills are flush with cash.  

27 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

His new deal says he’ll make 59.4 million dollars this year 12 more then Josh so yeh Josh is underpaid 

You originally said Dak made $60M per. I said no he didn't. The top end of his cap number is $60M.

Now it is "Dak is making $60M this year so Josh is underpaid". 

I don't know what you are trying to argue here. Josh needs an extension to help level out his cap number. Teams don't want to commit $60M in cap dollars to a single player. Dak's stupid cap hit has nothing to do with Josh Allen. 

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

If he throws for 4,300 yards again next season that equates to a paltry $7,000 per yard….or $2,300 per foot. Geeez! 

Wait until you run the numbers when Tua get paid 50+ million a year from the dolphins. 

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Turbo44 said:

Interesting concept of Josh Bolting to California after 2026.  Maybe explain how he's getting out of the 2027 and 2028 portion of his current contract.......waiting with popcorn.....

Thats easy.

After 3 more years of McD's utter incompetence blowing playoff game after playoff game, Josh gets fed up and demands a trade after the 2026 season. 

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

I know a Josh signing an extension next year seems to be the talk on the board, but I don't see why it needs to be.

He is signed through the 2028 season with a current cap hit that year of $45M.

Beane could easily just restructure $20M or so again next year.

I see Josh getting the extension at the end of the 2026 season.  He would have $15M-$20M in void year money then.

That's a good time for a new contract.  Heck, Mahomes already has way more than that at the end of his contract.

He will get a reworked deal if he pushes for it and he has the leverage to do it,  you don't want Josh unhappy.   The one they should have said no to was the last extension for Diggs because Hill got a big deal.

Just now, Matt_In_NH said:

He will get a reworked deal if he pushes for it and he has the leverage to do it,  you don't want Josh unhappy.   The one they should have said no to was the last extension for Diggs because Hill got a big deal.

Exactly.  If Josh does that, they will have to work an early extension.  I don't think Josh will force Beane to do that.

If Josh is OK with everything, they will keep doing what they are doing until after the 2026 season.

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

Exactly.  If Josh does that, they will have to work an early extension.  I don't think Josh will force Beane to do that.

If Josh is OK with everything, they will keep doing what they are doing until after the 2026 season.

Josh has never been one to ruffle feathers, so he's never "forcing himself out of Buffalo."

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Mango said:

You originally said Dak made $60M per. I said no he didn't. The top end of his cap number is $60M.

Now it is "Dak is making $60M this year so Josh is underpaid". 

I don't know what you are trying to argue here. Josh needs an extension to help level out his cap number. Teams don't want to commit $60M in cap dollars to a single player. Dak's stupid cap hit has nothing to do with Josh Allen. 

Just Josh is still underpaid for what he’s done for this franchise and Daks contract proves it 

1 minute ago, Turbo44 said:

Josh has never been one to ruffle feathers, so he's never "forcing himself out of Buffalo."

never say never......I cannot see that happening any time in the near future but it could eventually depending on how the organization handles things.   He easily deserves a bigger deal at this point but he knew that would be the case.  I dont think there is any panic anywhere but it will get redone  IMO...I think next offseason.

2 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

Wait until you run the numbers when Tua get paid 50+ million a year from the dolphins. 

Put another way, every time Josh throws a touchdown pass every single man, woman and child in WNY has to put a dollar in the bucket. 😳

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Put another way, every time Josh throws a touchdown pass every single man, woman and child in WNY has to put a dollar in the bucket. 😳

I'll open my wallet and drop 60 bucks right now if that's what it takes for a Superbowl win . 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

I know there's alot of old farts on this board that haven't had an erection in 10+ years.

But think back when you were young.

Don't you all remember the power and passion of young love ?

Well do you ?

I'm one of those old farts........what was the question?

• Haha (+1) 1