Kirk Cousins gets 4 years, $180M from Falcons

Einstein

Maybe now, Atlanta players won’t absolutely kill my fantasy football season 

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

Someone who watched the show "Quarterback" told me that of all the guys they showed, Kirk came away as the absolute best. Just a really likeable human. I hanve't seen it yet so I can't confirm/deny.

He absolutely was. Changed my opinion about him for sure. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I wouldn't have paid that much, but its not surprising when he really is the only legit quality starter available right now in FA.  This is what happens when you are desperate at QB though, you pay top dollar for a 35 year old QB coming off a major injury.  

Cousins is a massive upgrade though, so will be interesting how that team fares now because I think they can win that division is Cousins is back to his old self quickly.  They got the weapons and they had an underrated defense as it is too.  

Well I think they'll be in the hunt but now that Tampa has signed Baker & their star receiver we'll have to see what other moves Tampa make this off season.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

Kirk Cousins has generated generational wealth.  He's a slightly above average QB but a shrewd businessman. Wild.  

I think he's pretty good, actually. Not elite but better than average. I feel he has actually been underrated his whole career 

Edited by Buffalo03
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, Einstein said:

I can't keep up.  Who do the Vikings have throwing the ball at the moment?

1 hour ago, Buffalo03 said:

I think he's pretty good, actually. Not elite but better than average. I feel he has actually been underrated his whole career 

His payday from Minnesota and now from the Falcons does not say "underrated".

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I'm not talking about that. I mean his reputation. There are still people that think he sucks or is slightly above average. I think he is way better than he has been given credit for in his career. Most starting QBs are making $40 million a year now. Daniel Jones is making that. I wouldn't put too much into what he is making to determine how good he is. I'm just going by his body of work and watching him over the years

8 minutes ago, ControllerOfPlanetX said:

It’s not like the division is so tough..

If he just shows up, the Falcons will win it.

Even with Tampa spending $$ to retain a revitalized Baker and Evans? Don’t count them out just yet imho. 

25 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Didn’t they trade for Josh Dobbs then switch to Nick Mullins after it wasn’t working as well as they hoped…?

Tannehill, Darnold or Tyrod are pretty much the only guys left on the market who you would think about being a consideration to start a game…

Pretty much a foregone conclusion they’re in the market for a QB this draft… Did they miss out on Russell Wilson? 

Just now, BBFL said:

Didn’t they trade for Josh Dobbs then switch to Nick Mullins after it wasn’t working as well as they hoped…?

Tannehill, Darnold or Tyrod are pretty much the only guys left on the market who you would think about being a consideration to start a game…

Pretty much a foregone conclusion they’re in the market for a QB this draft… Did they miss out on Russell Wilson? 

I think they considered Nick Mullins higher on their depth chart than Josh Dobbs, and when Mullins got healthy he moved back ahead of Dobbs.

JMO, neither Josh Dobbs nor Nick Mullins are a long term answer.  

The Vikings draft when?  11th?  Who can they likely get at that point?

• Agree 1

9th by AAV among QBs. That's reasonable for Cousins.

Not that bad for the Falcons, IMO.

The contract details are always important, but I don't think Atlanta got fleeced for Cousins the way the Vikes did with their original all-guaranteed contract for him.

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I think they considered Nick Mullins higher on their depth chart than Josh Dobbs, and when Mullins got healthy he moved back ahead of Dobbs.

JMO, neither Josh Dobbs nor Nick Mullins are a long term answer.  

The Vikings draft when?  11th?  Who can they likely get at that point?

Yes, 11. Got to think a trade up unless they’re comfortable and believe Daniels will fall to them? 

Could even play a waiting game until the second round in the hope McCarthy or Nix make it that far. Could go Penix Jr.

A lot of options for them that are better than what’s left on the scrap heap of QB FAs.